[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Change Of History, Japan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Date.jpg (399 KB, 2000x1684) Image search: [Google]
Date.jpg
399 KB, 2000x1684
You're dropped into the Sengoku period of Japanese history. You'll be able to choose what clan's territory you fall in and you'll miraculously be able to speak and write in native-level Japanese.
Furthermore, You're allowed to bring one object and three books (that'll be translated) with you.

What do you do?
>>
File: Saaaaaaaaachki!.jpg (15 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
Saaaaaaaaachki!.jpg
15 KB, 324x324
>>340640
>Item: Finest Nippon Shteel, folded one thousand times in a fire made of burning doujins.
> Book One, Advanced Medival Siege Equipment and Advanced Powder Weapons
> Book Two, History of the Sengoku Jidai
> Book Three, Training and enabling an Army

Why go to the land of the sunset conquerors when the true children of the islands have been cast into the dark. With superior training and a bit of luck It's possible to capitalize on the chaos, remove the imperial line and reclaim the north half of Japan in a single lifetime. Get an army of Ainu, equip them with firearms superior to those the Japanese can import and make and slaughter the southern invaders.
>>
>>340640
uesugi
a book on military tactics, a book on military technology, a book on developing technology
a gun to show i'm not bullshitting around
>>
>implying they would listen to a gaijin neckbeard
>>
>>341448
Depends on the clan, for example both Oda and Date were extremely fascinated with foreigners.
>>
File: OjhPSIv.jpg (181 KB, 829x1200) Image search: [Google]
OjhPSIv.jpg
181 KB, 829x1200
>>340640
Ikko-Ikki.

A fully loaded SA-80.

(On) Guerrilla Warfare
A History of Japan
A Brief History of Time
>>
Party like it's the Sengoku period
>>
How to upend Japanese history
>listen to Yoshihiro at Sekigahara
You don't need any special tricks.
>>
>>341679
>A Brief History of Time
Why though? You'd need to have developed special/general relativity to explain half of the stuff.
>>
>>340894
> Book One, Advanced Medival Siege Equipment and Advanced Powder Weapons.
Oh, so close! You also need a book to show them how to properly refine steel with carbon. That makes guns, not a book.
Also, I'd do the same, only go with a gun, something something Sun Tzu, and another book on machinery. Turn them industrial. I ain't cheating I hope but I'd grab my bug out bag with the amount of 7.62x54 I should need. I'll also hold onto my mosin nagant so I'll use the damn rounds. I don't know to much about the wapaneese so I'll see which one belive's in the most industrial/free ideology and I'll help them out. Hopefully they could make use of the knowledge and really fuck shit up when I'm gone.
>>
>>344454
What clan though?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.