[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>calls himself Christian >doesn't evangelize peacefully
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: JW1.jpg (164 KB, 670x427) Image search: [Google]
JW1.jpg
164 KB, 670x427
>calls himself Christian
>doesn't evangelize peacefully and politely
>practices idolatry with crosses and sanctified imagery
>indulges in bad habits and cultivates friendships with worldly peoples
>votes in elections, supports the military and concerns himself with worldly kingdoms

Have you actually read the New Testament, /his/? If you had read it instead of allowing corrupted priests to dictate it to you, you'd see that the only people truly living as Christ's apostles are the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Why don't you stop by your local Kingdom Hall and pick up a Watchtower magazine today? Couldn't hurt.
>>
>>339582
They are heretics though. They have their own fake veriosn of the bible, but even then they are easily argued into a corner. I see pic related on every busy street corner in my city and I sometimes go and have the doctrine talk (tm) with them. Most JW are poorly prepared for even an entry-level discussion and some fondle after a single good argument. I have to admit they are usually nice, but also very dishonest intellectually.
>>
>>340717
The only Christians I've ever met that were well read on the Bible were JWs.
>heretics
Coming from someone that literally worships a human being that's rich.
>>
>>340748
>Coming from someone that literally worships a human being that's rich.
That's the definition of being Christian.
>>
>>340760
>That's the definition of being Christian.
There's your problem.
>>
>>340717
>fondle after a single argument
Sounds hot.
>>
>>339582
Because I follow the teachings of the one true church instituted by the Lord himself when he appointed Peter as the first pope :^)
>>
>>339582
> Trinitarian

Christianity has been nothing but heresy since the death of arianism
>>
>>340787
this desu lads
>>
>>340717
>some fondle after a single good argument.
They start jerking off in front of you?
>>
>>340748
so are you waiting your messiah? are you jewish?
>>
>>340748
Considering there is overwhelming evidence that Jesus is GOD you can't really shake my faith m8. There is even proof in your false bible, even with many crucial parts removed I can still prove it.

>>340780
>>340858
Disregard me. I wanted to say crumple.
>>
File: 1282966791881.png (254 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1282966791881.png
254 KB, 640x480
>>340990
>Considering there is overwhelming evidence that Jesus is GOD
>>
>>341088
You have to be ignorant on purpose and deluded to think that He's not. Since you clearly pretend that multiple situations when Jesus said "I AM" just meant "lol I exist" I already assume you're entrenched in your heresy, but try to keep an open mind.

For the purpose of this argument we're going to assume that there is one God.
"Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord"
Deuteronomy 6: 4

But clearly Jesus and Yahweh are not the same person because Jesus prayed to Yahweh, talked about Him as of a seperate being and so on.
"I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I"

Ok. So there is one God, but more than one beings that share the God part without sharing the personality part. It makes sense logically as it would be impossible for two infinite beings to coexist.
“I and the Father are one.”
John 10:30
Note the Jews' reaction when He said this: "...thou, being a man, makest thyself God." and Jesus doesn't correct them.

Now you will probably say that Jesus is some kind of a weird angelic being that only has a tiny part of God's essence or some other stupid shit. The answer is no. We have no proof that such spiritual beings exist and Jesus never said that he is such being. Note that he said:
"I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM."
John 8:58

We also know that
..[Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him: And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist." (Colossians 1:15-17)
Note that this passage implies Jesus is THE creator of all existence, an unmoved mover. All spirits other than God were created by God as they are part of creation. This means Jesus can't be a created being like angels and the like.
>>
>>343531

>I already assume you're entrenched in your heresy

Jesus christ lol
>>
>>343531
>>341088
There is more.
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us”
John 1:14
This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Note that the greek word for "word" is logos which also means intelligence as in: intelligent being.

"...Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood." Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ.
Acts 20:28

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6
The above passage states it directly. This one is even in JW false Bible, I love to read to them the first part, ask who does it refer to, and when they reply "Christ" I read the rest.
So yeah. His other name - Emmanuel means "GOD IS WITH US". How can you not know that?

This just a small portion of the proof and just from the Bible. There exist derived proofs based on theological analysis and still more based on common sense. If you prefer direct proof, go to any church that has charismatic gifts (try Pentecostal but many churches have them). You JWs assume that those gifts are false and caused by demons... so I urge you to go there and cast out their demons with the authority of a child of God.
"In my name they will cast out demons"
Mark 16:17
You will not be able to cast out the Creator of the Universe, but hey, maybe you will finally become a christian.

So yeah. All from me. I guess you will ignore anything anyway so peace be with you, and may the Lord open your eyes.
>>
>>340780
>>340858
One should not fondle before the third argument.
>>
>>343597
>>343531

>implying the Bible hasn't been re-written by hundreds, if not thousands of different people across different time spans and is almost certainly no longer the same text it was in 33 A.D., let alone anything from the OT.

If the Bible is infallible, then so is 4chan
>>
>>343828
Not the point of this discussion. There's plenty of fedora threads for you to shitpost in.
>>
>>339582
3 hours and not even a bait reply. Maybe he really turned to true faith :^)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.