[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what kind of tomb curses have historical figures had in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 20954872547.jpg (37 KB, 410x600) Image search: [Google]
20954872547.jpg
37 KB, 410x600
So what kind of tomb curses have historical figures had in the past /his/? Or who's tombs have been believed to have been cursed?

I know Tutankhamun's the dapper go to guy when it comes to tomb curses.

Pic related. Soviets BTFO.
>>
>>339338
Casimir IV of Poland may be a case of an actual "curse". Many people died after opening his sarcophagus. It turned out to be a form of extremely lethal fungus.

Pic related.
>>
>>339365
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>339338
Not so much cursed, as feared booby trapped and mercury poisoned, Qin Shi Huang's tomb has never been opened.
>>
>>339338
Timur didn't fuck around with that curse
>>
>>339365
That's actually where the idea of cursed tombs comes from. People open them then whiff all of the the toxic fumes the come out.

Then they start dropping.
>>
Speaking of Tamerlane any good books I can read about him?
>>
Nobody's died to my knowledge but Shakespeare's headstone has a curse engraved in it.

GOOD FRIEND FOR JESUS SAKE FORBEARE,
TO DIGG THE DUST ENCLOASED HEARE.
BLESE BE THE MAN THAT SPARES THES STONES,
AND CURST BE HE THAT MOVES MY BONES.
>>
File: qin-shi-huang-mausoleum-l.jpg (658 KB, 1024x756) Image search: [Google]
qin-shi-huang-mausoleum-l.jpg
658 KB, 1024x756
>>339338
Qin Shi Huangdi's tomb has best curse.

>Enter, and lord knows what booby traps are still active
And
>Open it, and mercury poisoning from my artifical mercury rivers will fuck the land.
>>
>>339365
>The remains of King Casimir IV and his wife Elisabeth were interred in a tomb situated in the chapel of the Wawel Castle in Kraków, Poland. With the consent of then Cardinal Karol Wojtyła (Archbishop of Kraków, who became Pope John Paul II), a team of scientists was given permission to open the tomb and examine the remains, with restoration as the ultimate objective. Casimir's tomb was opened on Friday, April 13, 1973. Twelve researchers were present. Inside the tomb they found a wooden coffin that was heavily rotted. It contained what was left of the king's decayed corpse.

>Within a few days, four of the twelve scientists and researchers had died. Not long after, there were only two survivors: Dr. Bolesław Smyk, a microbiologist, and Dr. Edward Roszycki. Smyk was to suffer problems with his equilibrium for the next five years. In the course of his microbiological examinations, Dr. Smyk found traces of fungi on the royal insignia taken from the tomb. He identified three species - Aspergillus flavus, Penicillim rubrum, and Penicillim rugulosum. These fungi are known to produce aflatoxins that can be deadly when in contact with skin and inhaled into the lungs.
>>
>>340139
>Aspergillus flavus
>>
File: wehrmacht42.jpg (58 KB, 800x541) Image search: [Google]
wehrmacht42.jpg
58 KB, 800x541
>>339338
For those of you who don't "get it", Tamerlane's tomb supposedly is inscribed with something along the lines of
>Whoever opens my tomb shall unleash a foe more fearsome than I

A Russian archaeologist apparently opened up his tomb the day before Operation Barbarossa.
>>
File: tumblr_n6puqxGb9R1reg6u1o1_500.jpg (76 KB, 500x603) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6puqxGb9R1reg6u1o1_500.jpg
76 KB, 500x603
>>340732
Oh and according to the legend, a month after the body was returned with a burial, the Germans surrendered at Stalingrad.
>>
>>339954

It'd absolutely be worth it just to see if the mausoleum lives up to Sima Quan's hype. Rivers of mercury, celestial bodies, a drainage system that's kept the place from flooding for two millenia; it's like Willy Wonka's factory.
>>
>>339954
I thought they were more worried about badly corroded stuff getting destroyed from opening.
>>
>>339338
I know that the Ottomans had an old thing where they had a tradition to go to the Tomb of Hayreddin Barbarossa before going to war as a sign of good luck. I think the one time they didn't do this they got BTFO at Malta
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.