[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, friends, how do we bring back jousting/tilting as an actual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: page36_1.jpg (67 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
page36_1.jpg
67 KB, 500x311
Okay, friends, how do we bring back jousting/tilting as an actual sport? I was thinking about this in the car the other day and I said to myself, "modern jousting would be awesome." When I got home, I searched for it on the computer and all I got was the shitty Renaissance fair, televised wrestling-tier scripted shit and that lame as hell and mostly boring Full Metal Jousting.

Tilting is easy as hell to understand, entertaining, competitive, and just as potentially dangerous as American handegg. How do we bring it back?
>>
First, how would we make it safe and legitimate in the same time?
>>
>>338583

It's safe enough already.

I don't understand what you mean by legitimate.
>>
>>338587
Well you mentioned it's scripted so I assumed that's how they made it safe.

How is it already safe? You ride at horse-miles-per hour at your opponent with a joust.
>>
>>338598

You're armoured, you're fine. What's the problem here? Everything interesting has some form of potential injury. Look at rugby.

The Renaissance fair shit is obviously and completely scripted is what I mean, which is wrestling-tier garbage. Boring.
>>
>>338577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh5tsGQ9KLQ
>>
>>338622

Yeah, this is terrible like I said.
>>
>>338577
>and that lame as hell and mostly boring Full Metal Jousting.

thats the best its going to get senpai
>>
>>338632

I refuse to believe it.
>>
>>338653

Start your own league then.
>>
>implying they dont stage regular jousting tournaments at the Royal Armouries and all over Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPrIVEGioU0
>>
>>338632

>Full Metal Jousting
>best

Not even close.
>>
>>338673

There is also the Tournament of the Phoenix in the US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_BtUr7zesA&index=2&list=PL818XK0VnAPzqLW8nL7JtVEq1dHnQJgX7
>>
>>338577
Look up HEMA: Battle of Nations.
>>
Anyone here do bike jousting as a kid?

It's stupidly dangerous.
>>
>>338768
>>338768

>karate kick each other in the face until one of you falls over
>anywhere in the same league as jousting

lol

>HEMA
>Battle of the Nations

Double lol
>>
>>338768

>armored hugging

no thanks
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.