[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is racism the inevitable result of a capitalist society?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
Is racism the inevitable result of a capitalist society?
>>
>racism
The world your looking for is classism. Capitalism's aim is to detract from this and redirect toward nonissues that feed on insecurities. Racism is the poster child of this side stepping.
>>
File: dw1.jpg (71 KB, 700x968) Image search: [Google]
dw1.jpg
71 KB, 700x968
>>334629
>>334645
>>
>>334645
Replace capitalism with democracy
>>
Che was racist.
Don't believe what Tumblrinas say about capitalism being the root of all injustice.
>>
>>334629
That's a bit of a complicated question. Racism is obviously a social development (/pol/ PLEASE fuck off) but evidence of it pre-dates capitalism proper. That said if we look at American racism we can see with absolute clarity how race and the socio-economics of that country are perfectly intertwined. The history of the African-American post-slavery still follows a trajectory based on their exclusion of society outside of acting as cheap commodities for capital, with fairly significant allowances for self-determination achieved only within the contemporary lifetime.

Is racism caused by capitalism? Probably not.
Is racism extremely exacerbated by capitalism? Absolutely.
Another interesting question:
Is racism necessary under capitalism? I'd say yes.
>>
>>334685
>is racism necessary under capitalism? I'd say yes

What am I reading lmao
>>
File: le che was racist meme.jpg (249 KB, 1236x1214) Image search: [Google]
le che was racist meme.jpg
249 KB, 1236x1214
>>334672
>le quotes from motorcycle diaries when Ernesto wasn't commie yet
>LOL BTFO LIBRULS >:)

Stop.
>>
>>334629
Racism is the inevitable result of humans
>>
File: ooh pepe.jpg (77 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
ooh pepe.jpg
77 KB, 653x590
>>334699
So Hitler wasn't a racist as well since he worked with the Japanese?
>>
>>334685
In America Blacks were out of the picture Poor whites would've been their replacements and racialized. Like seeing the anti-poor white folk mentality in whites is pretty disturbing desu
>>
>>334699
>being next to a black means you aren't racist
Epic proof.
>>
>>334712

How exactly was Hitler a racist? The fuck?
>>
File: 1426171157273.jpg (118 KB, 1024x692) Image search: [Google]
1426171157273.jpg
118 KB, 1024x692
>>334699
I guess George Lincoln Rockwell wasn't racist either, since he worked with black people once.
>>
>>334693
Capitalism requires competition to devalue wages and pits workers against each other for that competition. In any society with different "races" their internal competition offers both a mean to undercut wages and a distraction so this undercutting is tacitly justified and ignored. Consider Americans and their fixation about Mexicans, "stealing muh jobs". Instead of going after the capitalists that hire undocumented workers as extremely low wages, the anger is redirected at the workers themselves and this anger manifests as racism.
>>
>>334685
>>334741
Capitalists don't benefit from racism. In fact, united races & ethnicities are the greatest threat to capitalism / globalism. All anti-racist measures have benefited capitalists.
Desegregation? More workers & consumers, lower wages & more profit.
Immigration? More workers & consumers, lower wages & more profit.
>>
>>334741

Is that racism, to say that x is taking y? I mean they are taking jobs but it's an opportunity for them based on a incompetent government.

A competent government would never have said flaws and thus, capitalism itself does not rely on racism.
>>
>>334704
>muh limited definition of racism
I assume you're baiting but early American capitalists obviously embraced such a belief as a justification for their slavery system.
>>
>>334645
this tbqfwu
>>
>>334741
>Capitalism requires competition to devalue wages and pits workers against each other for that competition. In any society with different "races" their internal competition offers both a mean to undercut wages and a distraction so this undercutting is tacitly justified and ignored. Consider Americans and their fixation about Mexicans, "stealing muh jobs".
It would benefit the capitalists for the racists to disappear, since they can then use as many cheap illegals as they wish.
>Instead of going after the capitalists that hire undocumented workers as extremely low wages, the anger is redirected at the workers themselves and this anger manifests as racism.
False dichotomy. I'm angry at both.
>>
>>334766
And then capitalists realize that best way to earn capital was to end slavery and modernize with factories.
>>
>>334645
So is #BLM a false flag by capitalists to re-ignite racial tensions?
>>
>>334766
>muh everything is racism
I assume you're baiting
>>
>>334751
>Desegregation? More workers & consumers, lower wages & more profit.

Not saying Black were doing well with segregation but simply abolishing did not stop racism.

>More workers & consumers, lower wages & more profit.

More poorer workers who are the underclass of their society thus easier to manipulate and use as a scapegoat..
>>
Some form of elite-supported social division to keep workers fighting against each other and not said elites is inevitable - but race is not the only potential fault line. That said, it's a damn effective one where it and capitalism coexist.
>>
Racism is an inevitable result of highly organized societies in general and the societies of the Enlightenment in particular; the fact that these societies also tend to be capitalistic is not coincidental, but has to do with a number of shared assumptions, mores, and beliefs underpinning both of these social patterns of behavior.

In the ancient world the in-grouping process required for highly organized societies to exist was more important than the consequent out-grouping process: that is to say, the Greeks divided the world into Greeks and barbaroi. However, even in antiquity it was recognized that there was a certain incompatibility between this simple valuation of the entire world (as "of our ethnos" or "not of our ethnos") with reasoned knowledge of the world and its peoples - no less a reasoner than Plato stated as much. Knowing that someone is a barbarian is all very well if you want to feel good about being a Greek, but less good if you want to know what a foreigner's deal is: you first have to know whether he is an Egyptian, a Persian, a Scythian, or whatever else. This is not unique to the Greeks, all other highly organized civilizations had similar high opinions of themselves coupled with disrespect for others. Romans and their innumerable successors, Chinese, Sumerians all hyped up how great they were by denigrating the less organized societies around them.

Anyway, this Platonic quest for knowledge of others' societies doesn't mean that you stop scorning those not of your ethnos, it means that ethnic hatred becomes more specialized and more different varieties of it become necessary. Where once you could despise all barbarians, now you have to look down on a thousand nations individually. And as the knowing of the enlightened nations has built upon that of antiquity and grown ever deeper and wider, race hate has become a necessity and a law unto itself.

tl;dr the will to knowledge of other peoples switched the
>>
>>334751
>Capitalists don't benefit from racism.
But that's not true. Post-Civil War prisons made a killing on the labor of Black prisoners, who were thrown into their chain-gangs because of laws made specifically to generate these "not-slave" workers. Of course there are the Southern aristocrats that grew rich from slave labor. But you're also correct that American capitalism has adapted since and now integrates anti-racist ideology to its own benefit. This took only up to about 70 years ago, however, and the problem hasn't actually gone away.

>>334754
>Is that racism, to say that x is taking y?
No, but racism is a tool that makes this taking easier.
>A competent government would never have said flaws and thus, capitalism itself does not rely on racism.
Competent liberal government allows businesses to exploit laborers by any means necessary (while juggling the need for workers to be just comfortable enough that they don't get any funny ideas and have just enough wages to be able to spend them in the market). Capitalism doesn't RELY on racism necessarily, but any capitalist society that has different races will necessarily exploit this difference and establish racism through its market relations. Even fairly homogeneous European societies without internal historical racism to the extent of America still rely on foreign labor for exploitation (China, India, Bangladesh, etc.).
>>
>>334822
focus of society-building from ingrouping to outgrouping, with a corresponding sense of loss of ethnic identity and expansion of feeling towards other ethnic identities. Capitalism isn't a cause or a symptom of racism but both are linked to this enlightenment will to knowledge.
>>
>>334741
>Consider Americans and their fixation about Mexicans, "stealing muh jobs". Instead of going after the capitalists that hire undocumented workers as extremely low wages, the anger is redirected at the workers themselves and this anger manifests as racism.
How do you go after the employers when illegals are using forged credentials?
>>
>>334731
Well, there were all those camps he set up. And not just the ones to kill people, he set up these awesome summer camps were glorious Aryan men and women could get together and bump uglies to make more glorious Aryans for his super society.
>>
>>334815
>Not saying Black were doing well with segregation but simply abolishing did not stop racism.
What? My point was that desegregation was anti-racist, and that it benefited capitalists. You didn't really contradict my point. Is English your first language?
>More poorer workers who are the underclass of their society thus easier to manipulate and use as a scapegoat..
That just doesn't make sense. Anti-immigration sentiment does not help capitalists, since they depend on immigrant labor. Capitalists spend tons of money on pro-immigration candidates like Jeb Bush to try to keep immigration out of the limelight.
>>
>>334785
Indeed.

>>334805
But that's not what I said, chum.

>>334775
>It would benefit the capitalists for the racists to disappear
Not true, they form the consumerist side of their equation. The foreign workers get most of their pay redirected to the capitalist but the rest is sent to their homes. The capitalist gains from placing these workers in semi-debt (they have to pay for room and board, etc.), gains from paying them lower than average wages, and then gains from selling the commodities to those racists and non-racists in their own country.

>I'm angry at both.
You're still trapped.
>>
>>334857
>Not true, they form the consumerist side of their equation. The foreign workers get most of their pay redirected to the capitalist but the rest is sent to their homes. The capitalist gains from placing these workers in semi-debt (they have to pay for room and board, etc.), gains from paying them lower than average wages, and then gains from selling the commodities to those racists and non-racists in their own country.
I didn't mean literally disappear. I meant racism disappear. Racists are one of the last bulwarks against globalist capitalism.
>You're still trapped.
I didn't need you to tell me that.
>>
>>334890
>I didn't mean literally disappear. I meant racism disappear.
Ah.
>Racists are one of the last bulwarks against globalist capitalism.
I don't think so. Have you been watching the US presidential debates? But seriously, what is the racist solution to capitalism?
>>
>>334837
>How do you go after the employers when illegals are using forged credentials?

How do you go after the employers when the employers themselves help get the illegals forged credentials?

How do you go after the employers when after an illegal's time is up with a company they call in INS and wash their hands of all responsibility?

How do you go after the employers when they themselves post job ads in Mexico for positions deep within the US?

How do you go after the employers when the industrial agricultural systems they run devastated Mexican domestic agriculture, resultung in thousands of unemployed Mexicans forced to choose between being an illegal or joining the Cartel?

We don't want Mexicans coming here because "dey turk our jerbs!", but by god American companies sure do love hiring them!
>>
File: class war baby.jpg (85 KB, 540x422) Image search: [Google]
class war baby.jpg
85 KB, 540x422
>>334916
>How do you go after the employers
I know how
>>
>>334914
>I don't think so. Have you been watching the US presidential debates?
Are you implying Trump is a racist? lol
>But seriously, what is the racist solution to capitalism?
Free enterprise exists, but it is subordinate to the interests of the race.
>>
>>334790
>re-ignite
>>
The root of racism is this- we are humans. We evolved and formed tribes of people who looked similar to us and often fought everyone else we came into contact with. It's just Natural for us not to like people who aren't like us.
>>
>>334940
those three words
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
>>
>>334712
Hitler wasn't racist against the Japanese though. Additionally he only worked with them out of pure pragmatism.

Che on the other hand was trying to foster revolution in Africa for the well being of the Africans.
>>
>>334629

Quite the opposite. Race is an aspect of human that isn't defined by the market and ones role and a producer and consumer. Ultimately capitalists aim to destroy all identity markers that aren't based around involvement in the market, producing and consuming junk. Capitalism has consistently been shown to side with anti-racists in eliminating race and turning us all into equally interchangeable cogs fit for capitalism and little else.
>>
>>334822
woah there buddy, I Nietzsche to slow down and explain this in plain english
>>
>>334735
Several times actually
>>
File: mur20131027a.jpg (32 KB, 250x281) Image search: [Google]
mur20131027a.jpg
32 KB, 250x281
>>335185
holy shit

you're god damn right.
>>
File: GquJAFp.jpg (192 KB, 1024x896) Image search: [Google]
GquJAFp.jpg
192 KB, 1024x896
>>335372
Enter Evola
>>
>>335185
I have a different viewpoint.

I believe that capitalism will only side with you if your side is an untapped market or so to say a demographic new world for the corporate conquistadors to pursue.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.