[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evola/Traditionalist thread all politics aside. Purely from a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
Evola/Traditionalist thread all politics aside. Purely from a spiritual/metaphysical perspective. Any other traditionalists out there? Pic related
>>
>>334088
I listen to varg does that count?
>>
>>334206
Not really, no.
>>
Why is Ebola associated with Christianity when he agreed with Nietzsche about the religion. He even borrows Nietzsche's vocabulary "aristocratic soul". Wasn't Evola's philosophy trying to take Nietzsche and put it into a pagan-spirtual form?
>>
>>334296
What about 20th century military marches?
>>
>>334206
Varg is a bit of a thick headed loon these days. Wonder what young Varg would think if he got to see his future.
>>
>>334088
Where does one start with Evola?

Recommend reading anything beforehand?

Also it seems hard to find English translations of his work
>>
>the utilitarian faggot Ebola

No thanks
>>
>>335112
Dunno
>>
>>Christianity destroyed for us the whole harvest of ancient civilization, and later it also destroyed for us the whole harvest of Mohammedan civilization. The wonderful culture of the Moors in Spain, which was fundamentally nearer to us and appealed more to our senses and tastes than that of Rome and Greece, was trampled down (—I do not say by what sort of feet—) Why? Because it had to thank noble and manly instincts for its origin—because it said yes to life, even to the rare and refined luxuriousness of Moorish life!... The crusaders later made war on something before which it would have been more fitting for them to have grovelled in the dust—a civilization beside which even that of our nineteenth century seems very poor and very “senile.”—What they wanted, of course, was booty: the orient was rich.... Let us put aside our prejudices! The crusades were a higher form of piracy, nothing more! The German nobility, which is fundamentally a Viking nobility, was in its element there: the church knew only too well how the German nobility was to be won.... The German noble, always the “Swiss guard” of the church, always in the service of every bad instinct of the church—but well paid.... Consider the fact that it is precisely the aid of German swords and German blood and valour that has enabled the church to carry through its war to the death upon everything noble on earth!
-Nietzsche
>>
>Islam, which originated among the Semitic races also consisted of the Law and Tradition, regarded as a formative force, to which the Arab stocks of the origins provided a purer and nobler human material that was shaped by a warrior spirit. The Islamic law (shariah) is a divine law; its foundation, the Koran, is thought of as God’s very own word (kalam Allah) as well as a nonhuman work and an 'uncreated book' that exists in heaven ab eterno.

> Islam presents a traditional completeness, since the shariah and the sunna, that is, the exoteric law and tradition, have their complement not in a vague mysticism, but in full-fledged initiatory organisations (turuq) that are characterised by an esoteric teaching (tawil) and by the metaphysical doctrine of the Supreme Identity (tawhid). In these organizations, and in general in the shia, the recurrent notions of the masum, of the double prerogative of the isma (doctrinal infallibility), and of the impossibility of being stained by any sin (which is the prerogative of the leaders, the visible and invisible Imams and, the mujtahid) lead back to the line of an unbroken race shaped by a tradition at a higher level than both Judaism and the religious beliefs that conquered the West
-Evola
>>
Top of the morning to you lad.
Drop the Evola crap and get some real reactionary literature.
Start with
"Liberty or Equality"
>>
>>335171
>>335168
Now post Hitler's quote about islam.
(^:
Clearly these men support islam don't they? Right?
>>
>>335392
My niggah
>>
>>335397
To be far all of these guy's understanding of Islam comes from looking at what they did during the Golden Age. The historical study of the more recent type of Islam was very obscure back.

I'm actually researching Golden Age Islam right now and I can see why it gets it's name, it's not just propaganda, did you know the entire scholastic tradition was started by them? Thomas Aquinas references Avicenna's work for instance.
>>
>>335509
Can you tell me more interesting things about the time. I hardly know anything.
>>
>>335615
Basically they translated a lot of Greek texts, Aristotle and Plato were their favorites. It started creating philosophies that emphasized rational understanding of things. Thus you got a lot of advances in medicine and science although some of the advances were just gotten from the Greek and Persian texts they translated. The whole scholastic thing started when they tried to rationalize God. Most of this happened in European countries they conquered.

They were also pretty chill to Christians and Jews, part of this was that there was a tax for being a non-Muslim and they wanted them to be comfortable with their non-Muslim religion so they would be willing to pay the tax. Part of it was they had some dogma to explain how Judaism and Christianity were aspects of themself but with corruptions (ie they think Jesus was not supposed to be God).

Avicenna was the big name of them all, he's the only theologian to have a huge impact on all 3 Abraham religion, he did a ton of work in medicine and theology.
>>
>>335168
>all this meme history
>muslims didn't do nuffin
why fred
>>
>>334088
for a people to grow and prosper they must retain their own ideal self from ages past to guide them in modern times.
Deus Vult, clean up Europa
>>
>>336061
I'm not religious or deusvult kind of guy but the First Crusade is inspirational as fuck, so many great men and heroes
>>
>>335646
>Basically they translated a lot of Greek texts, Aristotle and Plato were their favorites
Wasn't the Syriac Christians in the Levant and Mesopotamia who did this first? Translating from Greek to Syriac and then to Arabic, that is.
I recall that Judith Herrin mentions this in passing when contrasting them with the Greek Christian mentality of caring not a whit for anything preserved in other languages (Augustine's works only got translated into Greek comparatively late, towards the 12-14th centuries).
>>
>>335646
And then western europe got to reap the benefits of scholasticism and advance while muslim civilization went to shit after the great advancements of that age
it's kinda sad really
>>
>>336064
I'm an atheist but if the Pope gets the grren finger out of his ass and calls on the faithfull to make safe the middle east for christians I'd be right there bearing my regions cross
>>
>>335392
I think the decline started with the Aurignacian culture
how cool am I?
>>
>>335129
I like some of his music, but he's such a dribbly mouth fool tht I can't take him seriously anymore.
>>
>>334088
What does Traditionalism even mean?

Like seriously. What would the world look like if it was traditionalist?
>>
>>336483
>What would the world look like if it was traditionalist?
The same. Always.
>>
>>334088
>Devout Catholic with a SAHW and 5 kids
>Attend a Latin Mass parish
>Homeschool the kids in Latin and Greek, they read the classics in their original languages
>Politically a Monarchist, economically Distributist
GOML
>>
>>334088
Roman Catholic and a traditionalist reporting in
>>
>>336515
This is not an explanation.

What is "the same" ?
>>
File: 1382820416325.jpg (92 KB, 464x787) Image search: [Google]
1382820416325.jpg
92 KB, 464x787
>>336279
Fucking retarded.
Make actual arguments for your "decline" or else you're just being a fuck head
>>
>>336483
More structure, actual intermediary institutions. Much more self determination. Stronger nations. Prideful people.
Traditionalism means morals, values, principles are all passed down; not "rationalized" like that silly boy Locke tried to do.
>>
>>335138
Not with Ride the Tiger thats for damn sure. I'm going to need some time before I attempt Evola again. I've heard Revolt Against the Modern World would be a better starting point.
>>
>>336563
Society wouldn't have mutated from it's original state, because tradition would supersede practicality. Presumably, we'd still be banging rocks together.
>>
>>336631
>Much more self determination.
That's the point of individualism, classical liberalism.
>>
>>336656
No its not.
Individualism is Individualism.
Self determination deals with groups of people.
>>
>>336645
>t. Someone who has never read Traditionalist literature
>>
>>335509
they really don't know all that much about it, which is to be expected of a time when history was not as thorough as it is now.
>>335646
the vast majority of Greek/Roman texts that survive today came to us from Charlemagne's efforts, not the Muslims. Muslim advancement was always hampered by their restrictions placed upon them by the Quran being literally divine and infallible, before the 11th century the Mu'tazila school was most prominent (built upon the ideas of the still recently converted Iranians and Greeks), it believed that the Quran was created by men and that the only way to understand God was by understanding his creation (similar to medieval scholastics) this eventually gave way to the Ash'ari and latter schools which defined God as strictly unknowable and the Quran as absolute/infallible to keep society in line with the rule of the Ulema as well as preserve the social order.

as for other people of the book they were only "chill" when they couldn't afford to force them out, like in Spain where Christians remained the majority during all of the Muslim rule. In many areas churches/monasteries were destroyed and many Eastern mystical sects, especially in Egypt, were destroyed as being "too pagan".
>>
>>336098
Islam is just an offshoot of Syriac/Arian Christianity.
>>336254
>I'm an atheist but
but then your opinion means absolutely nothing and you are worse than the Muslims you want to "crusade"
>>
>>335392
Even by the standard shown in your picture, Evola is better. Because he sees all problems as dating back to the creation of modern civilisation, and can explain it reasonably well. On the other hand Kuhnelt-Leddihn only goes back to the revolution, totally discounting the previous destruction of traditional order which paved the way centuries earlier.

It was the French who first rebelled against the Emperor by claiming equal authority on internal matters. They rebelled against the Pope during the Avignon papacy. They rebelled against very idea of christendom by pursuing a purely political alliance with the Ottomans.
It's no wonder that in the end they rebelled against their own king and God.
>>
>>336645
See, that is the point why it's called traditionalism, not conservatism. It's conservatism that tries to preserve existent forms and institutions. Traditionalism seeks to preserve the undying flame that animates them, with little regard for the forms themselves.
>>
>>336744
Leddihn actually goes down to the protestant reformation.
>>
>>336710
Syriacs weren't Arian for ~2 centuries by the time Muhammad arrived though. They were either hardcore Dyophysites ("Nestorians", particularly the Christians residing in Persian territory with the exception of modern-day Tikrit, plus the Lakhmid Arab client kingdom in present-day Lower Iraq), or else hardcore Miaphysites ("Jacobites") for most Christians in the Diocese of Oriens (plus the Ghassanid Arab client kingdom). The Chalcedonians ("Melkites"/Royalists) were quite a tiny minority except in Palaestina I and II, and even then only a degree of political and ecclesiastical maneuvering prevented Jerusalem from becoming a majority-Miaphysite see like what happened to Antioch and Alexandria.

I concur with you regarding Islam and Arianism though, but with a side helping of Docetism too.
>>
>>335138
His crowning 3 works are Ride the Tiger, Revolt against the Modern World, and Men Amongst the Ruins. But if you are going to red his works, I would suggest reading some Stirner, Spengler, or Nieztsche first. And after, move on to the Perrenialists like Rene Geunon
>>
>>335112
I disagree. Evola does make reference to God, although not in the traditional christian sense. In an almost Deist view, while referring to the higher power as "God". And he is attributed as saying that transcendance is to become like God
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.