[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>History exam covering The New Deal, WWII, and The Cold War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 1221.jpg (260 KB, 1654x1339) Image search: [Google]
1221.jpg
260 KB, 1654x1339
>History exam covering The New Deal, WWII, and The Cold War
>Barely read any of the chapters
>Exam in less than 3 hours

Any tips for me?
>>
>>332657
Offer your teacher a blowjob.
>>
>>332661
I meant advice in the realm of "any underlying themes that will help me with the multiple choice test," but thanks anyway
>>
>>332657
The New Deal was useless as fuck, the thing that actually improved the economy was the war effort

PS: I have no idea what the New Deal is, but I read a post saying that earlier on this board
>>
>>332671
>The New Deal was useless as fuck

Uh no, many historians would disagree with you on that. There were numerous government programs that put people to work. You are correct about WW2 bolstering the economy though.
>>
>>332669
Not that you can absorb in 3 hours with little prior knowledge. The BJ is your best bet of a passing grade.
>>
>>332682
Fuck off dude
>>
>>332681
ehh. In my Post Civil War US History class my professor mentioned that some economists have claimed the New Deal made things worse, but he never touched on how or why.
>>
>>332692
My history professor said, and I quote "Race is a social construct." That doesn't mean it's true, lol.
>>
the civil rights movement pervaded it all, because womyn and minorities have built this great nation
>>
I assume you're American so..

America single-handedly won WW2 and the cold war
>>
>>332657
The New Deal was basically "throw programs at the issue and it'll be fixed". Didn't do shit, the war helped us out of the depression

WW2 came from the economy crashing and then Germany having to foot the whole bill so they got mad at us, etc. Etc.

Cold war because we didn't like communism and USSR didn't do what they said they would in Yalta, so we got pissed and decided to stop them from influencing anyone. It didn't work for a while, then we stopped them a little, then everything went to a standstill for a while and crashed. I mean, there was the space race and stuff, but whatever

And read the book.

Good?
>>
>>332709
>single-handedly

Not without a little help from their friends
>>
>>332688

Hey, it's not my fault you didn't read up on the period. You're wanting me to condense roughly 60 years of global history, replete with military, social, economic, and political factors, in a matter of hours. Can't be done.

You're doomed, unless you can get your teach to like you.
>>
>>332709
Ignorant fucking foreigner, good History classes don't teach that, faggot
>>
>>332714
Didn't WW2 happen as a result of Germany invading countries and forcing it's Fascist ideals on people, and them jeopardizing Democracy.
>>
>>332724
It started because Germany was done a HUGE injustice by having to pay billions by themselves in a time when it was something like 4 million (or billion, I can't remember) marks to 1 us dollar. So Hitler was able to rise to power with his idea to help the people and begin his stuff. The kekold Brits and Franks decided to let him at first because they didn't want a war
>>
>>332734
Ok I'm saying Hitler ordering the genocide of people didn't help though, also Italy and Japan aggravated democratic countries
>>
>>332734
> Huge injustice
> Germany, responsible for four years of total warfare imposed the exact same bill in dollars/capita to France in 1871
>>
>>332723
Even in Europe we learn that the ultimate, most important military force for WWII was USA, which is obviously not true because that was the Soviet Union.
>>
>>332747
The USSR certainly wasn't a democracy friend you've gotta quit throwing that word around
>>
>>332769
Well we all know why the USSR retaliated against Germany. Germany was pushing into USSR lands and they didn't like that, which is why the U.S and Red Army were "allies" during WW2
>>
>>332767
It was kind of true. The Land-Lease act provided European countries against Germany with resources, guns, ammo etc.
>>
>>332777
Hitler broke a non-aggression pact that Germany had with the USSR, and was against communist ideologies
Japan was openly aggressive towards the Soviets until they got forced off the mainland again and had to sign a neutrality agreement before Hitler even backstabbed them
In short its not all about democracy or democratic countries there is many other reasons why things went as they did
>>
WW2 boils down to:

Hitler, Italy, and Japan are being mean. Lets all fuck them up

The end
>>
>>332692
>some economists
You aren't providing good reasons to believe the claim, anon. I'm not trying to start shit, I'm just letting you know.
>>
>>332784
Lend-Lease*
>>
>>332983
Oops, yeah I meant Lend, soz
>>
>>332839
After Italy isn't even in the end of the war, the taper off after... fuck, the one battle.
>>
>>332991
But yes, another thing you have to understand is how "totally neutral" the US was during the beginning of WW2, where they at first would sell weapons or send financial aid to countries in war, then said "ok to the weapons, but you have to come get them and pay up front with cash" (cash-and-carry) and then changed to "ahhh, fuck it." (Lend-lease)
>>
>>332697
Mine claimed that it's the current year
Is he right? And if not what year is it?
>>
>>332692

That's a well established fact. Government intervention before and during the New Deal turned an ordinary recession into the great depression.

The monetarist school holds that the Fed is chiefly responsible for failing to keep the money supply from contracting. Other schools hold that it was more the fault of government programs which were enacted to stimulate the economy, including the Wagner Act and the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act.

What ultimately ended the Great Depression in the United States was WWII. The war removed 16 million young men from the domestic labor force and shipped them overseas. That ended the unemployment problem outright. It returned somewhat after the war, but by then conditions had improved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQQon4tjlSA

Here is Milton on the great depression:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgyQsIGLt_w
>>
>>332657
USA USA USA
#
F
R
E
E
D
O
M
>>
>>332709
Kek, I like you anon
>>
>>332657
Study next time you fuckwit
>>
>>332657
Next time, read the chapters.
>>
File: poster-fb.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
poster-fb.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>this was posted 8 hours ago
>you cannot save the OP
>>
File: wegrewapart.jpg (186 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
wegrewapart.jpg
186 KB, 640x477
>>333083
Is this a meme? No one on /his/ could possibly be this dumb.
>>
>OP has failed and you did nothing
>>
>>332661
this. it's proven to work before
>>
>>335984
Every day is OP's test day
And everywhere is the classroom
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.