[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this true, /his/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: hierarchyofbeauty.png (121 KB, 680x711) Image search: [Google]
hierarchyofbeauty.png
121 KB, 680x711
Is this true, /his/
>>
>>331266
>expressionalism
Yeah, nah
>>
First off, no. Second, what is "expressionalism?" Third, field recordings are awesome. Take your shit and get out
>>
>Magnum Opuses

Yeah you know what dude? Today I think I'm gonna make a Magnum Opus. Yeah that's my favorite type of art nice.
>>
>>331266
Yes
>>
>>331303
>type of art

Did you even read the post? These are FORMS of beauty. Not types of art.
>>
>>331266
art is so loosly defined just about anything you do day to day would be hailed as some thaught provoking masterpiece
>>
>>331266
this is bait
>>
>>331266
>creative trades
>low tier
Been a hobbyist of video games my entire life and I can say this is true. It's a shit industry and the only time good games come out is maybe five times a decade on accident.
>>
>>331474

The word forms is nowhere to be found in the image or the OP
>>
>>331787
Video games are such wasted potential.
>>
>>331787
>games
Now this is bait
>>
100% OBJECTIVE AND OFFICIAL POWER RANKING OF THE ARTS:

1. WAGNER'S VISION OF THE ARTWORK OF THE FUTURE
[minor power gap]
2. OPERA
3. THEATER (PRETTY MUCH ONLY LEGIT WHEN IT'S A DRAMA OR AN EPIC)
4. MUSIC
5. SCULPTURE
6. PAINTING
7. POETRY
8. LITERATURE
9. ARCHITECTURE

POWER GAP

10. PHOTOGRAPHY
11. DANCE
12. CINEMA AND TELEVSION

####### GIANT POWER GAP #######

13. VIDEO GAMES

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ########### OMEGA POWER GAP ########### !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

900000001. THE REST

900000000000000000001. ANIME
>>
>>331811
The thing is, exceptions are quite huge. Animes legend of the galactic heroes is probably the best sci fi universe ever made.
>>
>>331851
Yeah, to be honest I just put the Anime note there for troll purposes. All the other points are sincere.
>>
>>331792
>not using the power of intuition to determine what the hierarchy is addressing
Did someone say plebian?
>>
>>331797
Not when you take games like mass effect, or dead space
>>
>>331888
Mass effect is wasted potential, so is dead space.
>>
>>331933
Ur wasted potential
>>
>>331876

A magnum opus is not a form either so your original point is moot. It is simply a term given to the greatest piece made my an artist.
>>
>field recordings
>shit tier
pleb
>>
>>332031
Let's test that logic shall we:
>artist
Artists make art which is a form of beauty.
>magnum opus
An artists greatest piece. This is a subcategory of art and a sub-subcategory of a beauty form.

So why couldnt one categorize a hierarchy with sub-subcategories?

What the hell are you on? I sniff pleb all over you. Read a book
>>
>>332069

>This is a subcategory of art and a sub-subcategory of a beauty form.

It's about as much a subcategory as something like "bad art" and "good art." It's completely subjective and there are no objective traits as to how define it. A certain piece can have wide appraisal as an artist's magnum opus, but that doesn't stop critics from claiming another piece to be so either.

>So why couldnt one categorize a hierarchy with sub-subcategories?

Why categorize everything like that? What's the point? There's no point in being a meticulous assburger over this.

>What the hell are you on? I sniff pleb all over you. Read a book

*tip tip tip*
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.