[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck even IS Postmodernism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2121x1414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2121x1414
What the fuck even IS Postmodernism?
>>
The movement immediately following the Modernist period.
>>
>>331090
Upvoted.
>>
a way to employ thousands of failed philosophers
>>
the denial of all narratives
basically everything you believe about history is a falsified narrative and ideology
>>
>>331081
My guess would be the current academia. Anything recent that also develops further, if you could call it that, the popular notions of the 20th century.
>>
>>331113
No you shut the fuck up dad: the philosophy
>>
>>331081
Babbling of gay, aidsi bald and a turtleneck lover man.
>>
>>331081
Everything is uncertain and up to a personal interpretation, plus form triumphs over substance.
>>
File: 1448898576509.jpg (163 KB, 1259x800) Image search: [Google]
1448898576509.jpg
163 KB, 1259x800
>>331081
In both cases, the possibility of auto-affection manifests itself as such: it leaves a trace of itself in the world. The worldly residence of a signifier becomes impregnable. That which is written remains, and the experience of touching-touched admits the world as a third party. The exteriority of space is irreducible there. Within the general structure of auto-affection, within the giving-oneself-a-presence or a pleasure, the operation of touching-touched receives the other within the narrow gulf that separates doing from suffering. And the outside, the exposed surface of the body, signifies and marks forever the division that shapes auto-affection. Auto-affection is a universal structure of experience. All living things are capable of autoaffection. And only a being capable of symbolizing, that is to say of auto-affecting, may let itself be affected by the other in general. Auto-affection is the condition of an experience in general. This possibility —another name for “life”—is a general structure articulated by the history of life, and leading to complex and hierarchical operations. Auto-affection, the as-for-itself or for-itself—subjectivity—gains in power and in its mastery of the other to the extent that its power of repetition idealizes itself. Here idealization is the movement by which sensory exteriority, that which affects me or serves me as signifier, submits itself to my power of repetition, to what thenceforward appears to me as my spontaneity and escapes me less and less.
>>
>>331909
Who wrote this?
>>
>>331081
It's le there's no ideologies XDDDDDDD

Basically is based in aleniating people even more
>>
File: me.jpg (14 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
14 KB, 1024x768
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0DwiPaLsoDh
>>
>>331995
Also it's Marxist
t proud member of the former CSA
>>
>>332000
>Also it's Marxist

No, it's exactly the opposite to marxism wtf
>>
File: 45.jpg (228 KB, 670x402) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
228 KB, 670x402
>>331970
Before we consider this, let us note that this prohibition is necessarily derivative with regard to the constitutive erasure of the proper name in what I have called arche-writing, within, that is, the play of difference. It is because the proper names are already no longer proper names, because their production is their obliteration, because the erasure and the imposition of the letter are originary, because they do not supervene upon a proper inscription; it is because the proper name has never been, as the unique appellation reserved for the presence of a unique being, anything but the original myth of a transparent legibility present under the obliteration; it is because the proper name was never possible except through its functioning within a classification and therefore within a system of differences, within a writing retaining the traces of difference, that the interdict was possible, could come into play, and, when the time came, as we shall see, could be transgressed; transgressed, that is to say restored to the obliteration and the non-self-sameness [non-propriété] at the origin.
>>
>>331081
weird for the sake of weird
>>
The name under which everything after Camus&Sartre is shoved.
>>
>>331081
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxWhp5y23E
>>
>>331081
basicaly anything and everything is up to personal interpretation and feeling on the subject, one postmodern 'physicist' stated physics cant deal with fluid dynamics because its mostly men and mens dicks get hard and because a vagina leaks fluid women could explain it better.
>>
Modernity is the stage where people are building factories and traditional culture is wiped out and everybody joins a faceless mass of workers.

Post-modernity is the stage where everybody has internet and they're linked up with everybody else in a global society and they want to regain their individuality by giving themselves weird tattoos and adopting bizarre gender pronouns and dyeing their hair and making art that doesn't make any sense.
>>
It's the era of deconstruction, began roughly in 1968.
>>
The work of soviet intelligence,they tried to destroy the west from inside but their project outlived the soviet union.
China still stands to reap the benefits though.
>>
>>331113
>>331129
Prove it wrong.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.