[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genghis was a good boy, he didn'd do nothing! https://w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 20108111829_eroberer3.jpg (303 KB, 451x600) Image search: [Google]
20108111829_eroberer3.jpg
303 KB, 451x600
Genghis was a good boy, he didn'd do nothing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq-Wk3YqeH4
>>
I thank god every day that Genghis wasn't white, otherwise we'd never hear the end of it.
>>
>>330819
You mean like how we never stop hearing about Alexander?
>>
>>330865
Right.

>Alexander was eevil!
>He killed so many people :(
>>
>>330805
so they guy was keked?
>>
>>330883
But nobody says that about Genghis Khan?
>>
>>330950

He doesn't get nearly the same amount of moral judgements, despite being more recent and arguably more ruthless and bloodthirsty
>>
>>330965
>He doesn't get nearly the same amount of moral judgements

The fuck shelter are you living at? Genghis is literally only remembered as that conquering asshole that raped and pillaged europe like no tomorrow
>>
>>330983

>the fuck shelter are you living at?

A major American university currently

>raped and pillaged Europe

are we talking about the same person?
>>
>>330994
>are we talking about the same person?
This. I mean it's a well known fact that Genghis Khan was fair and tolerated religious diversity. Women also reached high positions in the Mongol Empire, so clearly that's good.

>this is what libtards believe.
>>
>>330965
He's universally despised across Asia by billions of people. He's usually cited as the reason the Middle East is so shit. Sometimes it's acknowledged that he accidentally transmitted some technology, but he's generally considered to be a piece of shit.

Alexander if often called out for being a ruthless destroyer of civilizations, because that's what he was, but he's usually held in high esteem for bringing Hellenic civilization to dominance and ushering in a new age in history.

You should stop assuming John Green actually represents the views of all mankind.
>>
>>330883
Yeah sure people are always saying that I heard about it on a 4chan thread whining about John Green
>>
>>330994
So are we gonna pretend that the video in the OP wasn't made solely because he has such a bad reputation?
And I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're not studying anything relevant to genghis khan (or even academic) otherwise you'd be less retarded
>>
>>331040

>not understanding relativity
>thinking this low quality retort was worth posting
>>
>>331050
>hurr, no u
>>
>>331064

That was the substance of your previous post, yes
>>
>>330965
>despite being more recent and arguably more ruthless and bloodthirsty

Genghis was a wise ruler in all seriousness. Compare his policies with those of his descendents, he would never have burnt down a fucking library.
>>
>>331087
>he would never have burnt down a fucking library.
His annihilation of the Tangut state was so thorough that historians debated whether it was a real country or a folklore myth well into the 20th century.

Mongols were literally the biggest destroyers of culture in recorded history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Xia#Conquest_by_the_Mongols
>>
>>330805
>even raising her possibly illegitimate son as his own

C
U
C
K
>>
>>330805
>WARLORDS OF COLOR CAN'T BE EBIL!!!
>>
>>330983
Most people would say people like Hitler were way worse. Ghengis is often overlooked by the west because he didn't kill many white people.
>>
>>330805

Most of the people he killed were Chinese and Central Asian, therefore non-white.

Do you think Eurocentrics really give a shit about those people?

My university's history department has hundreds of course on European history, dozens of courses on African and new world history. But only one fucking basic 101 introduction course to Chinese history.

Do you really think people give a shit?
>>
>>334081
Hitler's only remembered as worse because he was within the last 100 years and genocided based on racism and homophobia and something about the influence of israel
>>
>An empire of nothing
>That produced nothing
>That left us nothing
>>
File: 1402357135672.jpg (93 KB, 350x343) Image search: [Google]
1402357135672.jpg
93 KB, 350x343
>>330805
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N8hsXQapjY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3dgiDreGc

What the fuck is this shit
>>
>>334231
The created negative space. That's definitely something.
>>
>>330805
Half expected John Green tb h
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.