[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how damaging was this man? i hear people saying he set back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: khan.jpg (425 KB, 793x1016) Image search: [Google]
khan.jpg
425 KB, 793x1016
how damaging was this man?

i hear people saying he set back his conquered lands hundreds of years or is this just a meme
>>
>>328477
He did a number on China, which was the most advanced state in the world.

On the other hand he exported rice to persia which was a major boon to non chinese civilizations in the long run
>>
he was p cool
>>
How about you read about it yourself?

They brought a lot of good shit, they destroyed a lot of good shit.
>>
>>328483
because i want to discuss the mongol occupation of china with my buddies

do you think they could've governed it better?
>>
>>328486

They did a fairly decent job of governing that giant fucking mass of empire.

It's a shame Mongolia is now just a backwards buffer state for Russia and China.
>>
>>328488
which power has more hegemonic control over it nowadays? china?
>>
File: 140723002.jpg (114 KB, 1280x685) Image search: [Google]
140723002.jpg
114 KB, 1280x685
>>328497

Probably China. Not too much out there on that side of Russia.

The other central asian countries, however, are heavily influenced by Russia & still pretty corrupt. Which is a shame, cause I'd love to visit Kyrgyzstan someday.
>>
>>328486

Of course they could've, however they were savages.
>>
He is directly responsible for turning muslims into Vorcha. Fuck him.
>>
File: 1448859150487.png (2 MB, 793x1016) Image search: [Google]
1448859150487.png
2 MB, 793x1016
>>
>>328583
is this the birth of an epic new meme
>>
>>328483
What a completely anti-/his/ question, kek.
>>
>>328523
This is accurate.

Islam was actually doing pretty good, encouraging science and freethinking, then the fucking Mongolians came and destroyed fucking everything and filled in the 3000 year old irrigation ditches. They basically turned the Middle East into the toxic shitshow it is today, or started it on that path with a firm shove.
>>
>>328497
I live in Mongolia now (White guy) happy to answer questions.

>>328510
China has economic sway over Mongolia (over 90% of exports) but Russia and Korea have the cultural clout for the older and younger generations, respectively. People here generally hate China
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.