[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we try to clarify the rules of this board. Mods and hiro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: socrates.jpg (28 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
socrates.jpg
28 KB, 431x450
ITT we try to clarify the rules of this board.
Mods and hiro please post if you are reading this.

Are alternate history threads allowed? (ie. not fanfiction shit, but what would happen if major event occurred differently etc)
Is there a cutoff for discussion? 1999? Can we talk about 9/11? Can we talk about the Arab Spring?
Are psychology and sociology threads allowed or just philosophy?

Any special features this board should have? Suggestions?
>>
I think the cutoff should be the fall of the Soviet Union, so 1990.
>>
>>3253
Democritos was simply the most irrevelant philosopher ( after Ghazali of course ) ever
>>
>>3253

>Alternate history

I sure hope so.

>Cutoff for discussion

Why should that be the case? The Iraq and Afghanistan wars are history just as well.
>>
>>3253
>>3274
More modern events should be fine as long as they are relevant enough
Although I wanna see this board be mainly about old history
>>
>>3372
Because those events are too recent. It's asking to bring in /pol/tards. Discuss those topics on /pol/
>>
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc. Please use /lit/ for discussions of literature.

Why split up ancient languages and literature?
>>
>>3476

Hm, a blurry line indeed. A shame, since apart from the usual "JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL MEMES" shitposting discussions on topics such as 9/11 would certainly be win if conducted in a civilized manner.
>>
1. Cutoff is 5 years from the current date. Discussing things happening today that were put into motion by the original topic is allowed.
2. 3 holocaust thread are allowed at one time. One anti-revisionist, one pro revisionist, and a thread for the two sides to debate in.
3. 10 World War II threads allowed in the catalog. The holocaust threads do not count towards the 10.
4. Refrain from sourcefagging. If someone is using a source that isn't valid, point it out and move on.
5. No references to anything supernatural
>>
>>3253
>are alternate history threads allowed?
yes
>is there a cutoff for discussion?
>are psychology and sociology or just philosophy?
just philosophy

any special features?
get rid of flags
spoilers enabled
IDs, like on /pol/
>>
>>3742
>cutoff is 5 years ago
that would make 2010 threads acceptable
way too recent
2010 feels like yesterday
>>
>>3832
Get rid of IDs
they serve no purpose
But keep flags
Seeing international perspectives on history is interesting and thus the flags serve a purpose
>>
>>3955
the IDs are there to prevent samefagging
flags turn threads into shitposting of "poo in loo", "get a life bin that knife" and ">be American >get shot"
>>
>>4070
>flags turn threads into shitposting of "poo in loo", "get a life bin that knife" and ">be American >get shot"
Probably, but then you just make that shit bannable
Simple as that

I like the flags for the reason of seeing how opinions and views of historical events look based on what country the poster comes from
>>
File: 1380451087791.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1380451087791.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>3253
I would honestly prefer a cutoff somewhere around 1900. Modern history is done to death, and if we allow 1900+ stuff then this board will devolve into "hurr durr WW1/2" shit.
>>
Ancient history and modern history?
>>
>>4154
>Probably, but then you just make that shit bannable

it's better to treat the disease than the symptom
>>
>>4182
but ww1 and 2 are interesting as fuck
>>
>>4454
Yes, but so are about 2 millenia worth of history. Everybody just focuses on things that happened in the past 100 years, it's boring. /pol/ already does that. I thought a /his/tory board was supposed to give us an outlet to actually discuss ancient history.
>>
>>4554
>ancient history.
This is the main reason I wanted /his/
Modern history is interesting, but suffocates older stuff
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.