[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets discuss this man /his/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
File: nelson-mandela-400.jpg (62 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
nelson-mandela-400.jpg
62 KB, 400x300
Lets discuss this man /his/.
>>
He lead my country out of its racist past. Hes a hero.
>>
>>325158
back to /pol/
>>
>>325158
i know mandela wasn't exactly a saint, but didn't he at least take precautions to evacuate the buildings he bombed?

i know his wife, or ex-wife rather, was batshit insane though.
>>
>>325164
So tell me, at what point did we decide that bombing innocent people isn't terrorism?

>>325150
Also Mandela is way too modern. He became president less than 25 years ago. Take this to /pol/.
>>
>>325150
Isn't he biracial (Khoisan and Bantu (of Xhosa origin)
>>
>>325175
Mandela's legacy extends far beyond his presidency. If we can discuss things like the Iraq war, we can definitely discuss Mandela.
>>
>>325181
That's one race
>>
>>325162
If anything he encouraged racism through his legitimization of white genocide
>>
>>325191
It's not.
>>
>>325202
It is.
>>
>>325205
It isn't. The genetic distance between Bantu and Khoisan is greater than between Bantu and white people.
>>
>>325181
I doubt it, considering he was Xhosa royalty.
>>
File: 1441650538518.jpg (18 KB, 259x240) Image search: [Google]
1441650538518.jpg
18 KB, 259x240
>>325198
>white genocide
>>
>>325150
Uncle Tom.
>>
>>325225
Do you know what genocide means? Be honest now, you're anonymous, you don't have to pretend with me
>>
>>325205
>>325191
Khoisan is a separate race from Bantus and other Africans.

>>325220
But a lot of the Xhosa people are mixed (this also applies for the Zulu that they split off from too). A lot of them have Khoisan blood on the maternal side.
>>
>>325217
That's interesting, I was under the impression that there was a great deal admixture between Bantu and Khosian peoples. Can you provide me with a source for that, just for clarity's sake?
>>
>>325191
No according to either of those tribes I recon
>>
>>325191
I agree they're both just black
t. American public high school graduate
>>
>>325247
If white people experience genocide as a result of nothing more than black people getting better jobs and shit, then white people were never meant to exist in the first place. White nationalists never think about the implications of their rhetoric because reading is for Jews.
>>
>>325264
Irrelevant, they have little knowledge of genetics or racial theory
>>
>>325278
>Racial theory
You probably think sociology is a science
>>
>>325278
Really? Try calling a Xhosa person the exact same as a Yoruba person, and see what happens.
>>
>>325247
>the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
>>
>>325198

the point of the ANC was that it was supposed to be for all races.

contrast with black nationalist parties like the PAC (Pan Africanist Congress) and the Inkhata Freedom Party (Zulu Nationalists).

tl;dr jy weet niks, plaasjaapie
>>
>>325278
>Racial Theory
lel
>>
>>325247
To look at him I'd say he has some San blood. You can see it especially in his eyes.

It seems pretty obvious Xhosa had a lot of contact with the San at one point in their history since they must have got the clicks from them (it's not a native feature of Bantu languages)
>>
His family is a total shitshow. A couple years ago I was in Umtata (shitty city near Mandella's ancestral home) and the big news was that one of his grandkids or something had just got in a gunfight in the city. I also recall something about some granddaughters having a reality show which is them acting like spoiled whores.
>>
>>325406
Sounds like a nice American family to me
>>
>>325276
>>325337
Nice Googling, I like this definition. Now let's examine the facts:

White farmers are being routinely killed and raped in their own homes. Almost 100,000 whites have been killed since 1994. The white homicide victim rate is four times that of the typical South African homicide victim rate. South Africa is now the rape capital of the planet, enjoying the highest per capita number of rapes compared to anywhere else in the world. What can you tell me about the racial makeup of these rapes, you ask? A good question. I can tell you that white women are disproportionately raped by black men despite making up a minority of the population. Interesting stuff.

This takes me to the systemic racism against whites built into the very fabric of South African society. Whites are regularly barred from employment and education opportunities. Prominent South African politicians sing joyful carols about killing white people in the streets. Whites experience little representation in the South African political process. Whites are disproportionately the victims of violent crime and robbery, which both often go unreported.

There is clearly a concerted effort to turn a blind eye to the elimination white people from South African society. Politicians have no interest in protecting them, and many have an expressed interest in hurting them. There is a deliberate effort to ignore the abuse of whites and by extension, tolerate their systematic and routine murder.

Good riddance, the progressives say, the whites reap what they sow. Fine, so be it. But don't forget to call it what it is: genocide.
>>
>>325294
Well I didn't know that a black person might get upset if he was correctly identified as black. I guess that proves he's not black anymore! Good post, anon, very logical
>>
>>325412
>Don't forget to call it what it is
No one calls it anything because no one in the civilized world cares what a bunch of niggers are doing to white niggers in Africa anyway
>>
>>325420
"Black" is a retarded American definition, Subsaharan Africans aren't a single race. Then again you're probably a retarded Amerinigger who thinks everything from Egypt to the cape are "his people" so why am I even trying
>>
>>325164
>viewpoint that disagrees with mine
>waah back to site I don't like
wow you get internet access in the kekshed?
>>
>>325175
>what point did we decide that bombing innocent people isn't terrorism?

It was justified. He was fighting for human rights.
>>
>>325429
Next thing you'll be telling me there's more than one type of Caucasian or Mongoloid race. Fucking europeens I swear.
>>
>>325436
Khoisan to Congoids are like Caucasians are to Mongoloids you dumb fuck.

>2015
>being unironically American
>>
>>325420
So by your logic, Irish and Russians are the same, and there's nothing wrong with calling an Irishman a Russian. Fuck off retard.
>>
>>325338
>plaasjaapie
goddamn afrikaans is just hilarious for a dutchie
>>
>>325429
Americans invented "black people"? I didn't know that. A bit strange since blacks were being called black before America was even a country, but I'm sure you know best, Mr. Black Expert.

:^)
>>
>>325434
>it was the correct thing to do
>therefore it excuses all the violence he did
bang up logic cucк
>>
>>325452
You probably think America nuking the Japs was bad too. Fucking liberal get out.
>>
>>325461
It was the correct thing to do but it certainly wasn't fucking good m8
>>
>>325452
yes, violence was totally justified.
>>
>>325412
Not South African but I traveled around it pretty extensively for 4 months. Being white there looks pretty awesome; from the looks of things you wouldn't know it was any different than it was under apartheid. All the nice areas and all the good jobs seem to be overwhelmingly white. While being black is pretty miserable for the most part.
>>
>>325436
>le there's only 3 races meme
>>
>>325443
The Irish and Russians are both caucasian just like the Khosians and Bantu are both black. I wouldn't call an Irishman a Russian just like I wouldn't call a Khosian a Bantu. What's so difficult about this for you?
>>
>>325491
Well, some other anon said it for me, but
>le only 3 races meme
>>
>>325491
They're a bunch of sjw euros who've extended their pomo language game bullshit to race. That's the fucking problem.
>>
>>325491
They're from significantly different genetic stock. Much more divergent than e.g. A Norwegian and an Abbo, in terms of generic descent (the San have split off super early from the rest of humanity... Or actually the opposite of that)
>>
>>325498
What a retarded post that is completely devoid of content. I will respond in kind
>le more than 3 races meme
>>
File: Races after pleistocene.png (47 KB, 1357x628) Image search: [Google]
Races after pleistocene.png
47 KB, 1357x628
>muh 3 races
>>
>>325505
Nice strawman, but I'm neither European nor an SJW. And what the fuck does "pomo language game" even mean? Some /pol/ bullshit I assume.
>>
>>325514
Weren't you asked to provide a source for this earlier ITT? I'd like to see it too
>>
>>325505
>pomo

Is that even a word
>>
>>325532
Post modern you retard. Jesus Christ you probably couldn't even figure out where the Frankfurt school was without my help.
>>
>>325538
Sorry I'm not an expert on Marxist horseshit like you are.
>>
>>325523
You can google it. IIRC there's supposedly more genetic diversity in the small remnant Dan population than in the rest of humanity combined. They really were the first people, and the rest of humanity is an offshoot from them.
>>
>>325448
What does that mean? I tried googling it and got nothing but links to various online profiles with that username
>>
>>325542

>Post modern = Marxist

Yep, clearly a retard
>>
>>325542
>The first thing that comes to your mind when thinking of the Frankfurt school is "Marxist horseshit"
I was going to shit post about cultural Marxism next but you're probably dumb enough to believe it.
>>
South Africa's ruling whites screwed up. By making such a big deal over him and keeping him in prison for so long. They only gave his cause and him legitimacy.

A year in prison and some light beating. He would have just been another kaffir.
>>
>>325523
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3890430/
>>
>>325552

afrikaans for country bumpkin.

plaas - farm

jaapie - common name or pet name for farmer.
>>
>>325581

to clarify - lots of rural afrikaners are/were called Jacobus, Kobus, Jaap or Jaapie (the dimunitive)

a farmer = 'n boer
>>
>>325560
>>325562
I don't give a flying fuck.
>>
>>325581
>>325593
It's like someone placed 25 dutch farmers together and transcribed their words and sayings phonetically. It's just beautiful.
>>
Race does not actually exist and is a social construct. Race uses certain differences between people (these parameters have changed throughout history) that we deem distinctive to consider them a different race.

This is all racism at the end of the day. "Genetics" may exist or not actually exist, but using this excuse as a means to define a certain race is discrimination
>>
File: seriously.jpg (24 KB, 230x202) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
24 KB, 230x202
>>325630
>le race is a social construct meme
>>
>>325630
As dumb as /pol/'s ideas on race are, this is just as stupid.
>>
>>325630
Sorry, how does race not exist but also simultaneously exist as a social construct? Pick one please: does it exist or not?

Also, why does discrimination imply prejudice? Discrimination simply means distinction. Why does acknowledging a distinction between two ethnicities trouble you so much?
>>
>>325653
Race isn't tangible, it is a concept used to leverage public policy against minorities. (Segregation based on skin color, colonization of Ireland based on culture, shipping japanese citizens to internment camps because of their heritage)

Making/finding distinctions I have no problem for, but humanity does not exactly have a good track record as to why we do this. One day we may all agree that race as a concept was wrong and we can all forget about race and poof! It no longer exists, this can happen because it is a social construct, not chemicals in our DNA. So does "race" actually exist or is it just made up?
>>
>>325653
>why does discrimination imply prejudice?
That's just what the word has come to be associated with anon.
>>
File: 9sE3QaM.jpg (172 KB, 558x744) Image search: [Google]
9sE3QaM.jpg
172 KB, 558x744
>>325434
>>325461
>>325476
>>
>>325677
>One day we may all agree that race as a concept was wrong and we can all forget about race and poof! It no longer exists, this can happen because it is a social construct, not chemicals in our DNA. So does "race" actually exist or is it just made up?
You may think whatever the fuck you want, but it does not make the realities of race false.
How else would you explain sickle cell disease, or Dupuytren's contracture, or the increase chance of Ashkenazi Jews having Tay-Sachs disease?
>>
>>325726
Not every human is the same, indeed there are great distinctions between peoples of different ethnicity/cultures. I agree with you there anon, where I think I disagree with you is using this "distinctions" as a parameter to determines if they are a different race or not. Khosians and Bantus for example are different ethnic peoples, but they are of the "black" race. Why should we consider them "black" yet the Irishman isn't considered "white"? This is done for convenience. Because the Tutsies are a lesser race and must be exterminated (for example). Because the Irish are a lesser race as must be colonized (also for example). Our definitions and parameters for determining which race an ethnic people belong in is always changing and isn't very reliable. However, what I argue is why tackle ourselves over such an abstract concept? The only reason we both from my point of view is to oppress minority groups because they are a DIFFERENT/LESSER "race"

Does "VERSTAAN" ring a bell to you anon?
>>
>>325696
If you think that violence is bad, you are a pussy
>>
>>325158
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, anon. Do you believe the French or American revolutionaries to be terrorists as well?
>>
>>325864
ye
>>
>>325864
I dunno man, did they deliberately bomb buses full of civilians and no political targets?
>>
>>325518
What the hell is up with that spot of Aussies in India?
>>
>>325864
>Do you believe the French or American revolutionaries to be terrorists
Absolutely.
>>
>>325882
Its meant to be the origin of abbos but its wrong. abbos are straight from Africa at a very early time.
>>
>>325653
The reason they say that is so they can say "White people don't exist, but White privilege does".
>>
>>325518
How is it that two distinct ethnicities could develop so close to each other in Africa, yet the Americas and East Asia are a single race despite being completely separated from eachother for a huge amount of time?
>>
He turned South Africa from the racist hellhole it once was into a peaceful society free of hate. What's not to like?
>>
>>325922
The steppes probably.
>>
>>325412

Nice Googling, I like this definition. Now let's examine the facts:

black farmers are being routinely killed and raped in their own homes. Almost 100,000 blacks have been killed since 1857. The black homicide victim rate is four times that of the typical White American homicide victim rate. The United States of America is now the rape capital of the planet, enjoying the highest per capita number of rapes compared to anywhere else in the world. What can you tell me about the racial makeup of these rapes, you ask? A good question. I can tell you that black women are disproportionately raped by white men despite making up a minority of the population. Interesting stuff.

This takes me to the systemic racism against blacks built into the very fabric of American society. Blacks are regularly barred from employment and education opportunities. Prominent White American politicians sing joyful carols about killing black people in the streets. Blacks experience little representation in the American political process. Blacks are disproportionately the victims of violent crime and robbery, which both often go unreported.

There is clearly a concerted effort to turn a blind eye to the elimination black people from American society. Politicians have no interest in protecting them, and many have an expressed interest in hurting them. There is a deliberate effort to ignore the abuse of blacks and by extension, tolerate their systematic and routine murder.

Good riddance, the progressives say, the blacks reap what they sow. Fine, so be it. But don't forget to call it what it is: genocide.

>You copypasta now son
>>
File: 1445995124077.jpg (32 KB, 300x378) Image search: [Google]
1445995124077.jpg
32 KB, 300x378
>>325924
>free of hate
>>
>>325969
It has to be funny to be a copypasta anon.
>>
>>325913

The interesting thing about that is that other races who 'assimilate' gain that white privilege. People really don't give a shit about skin colour if you act, talk, and shop like them.
>>
File: necklacing-7.jpg (103 KB, 460x457) Image search: [Google]
necklacing-7.jpg
103 KB, 460x457
The only difference between a left-wing terrorist like Nelson Mandela and a right-wing terrorist like Breivik is that the former have support from Western intellectuals. Both kill for political purposes, but since one has an entire caste of journalists and professors justifying their murders afterwards as a "call for justice" and "a result of social exclusion", they tend to have their demands met. That's why, as much as I hate Mandela, I hate people like Joe Slovo more.

By the way, pic related is the typical method employed by Mandela's group in his fight to establish a communist dictatorship in South Africa. More black people were killed by the ANC as it establish control over dissident groups in South African townships than by the entire apartheid regime.
>>
File: LA 1970s.jpg (58 KB, 720x501) Image search: [Google]
LA 1970s.jpg
58 KB, 720x501
>>325969
From the "no u" school of replies, another great response.
>>
>>325990
Wow, just wow. How can you possibly blame black people for burning other black people alive? The whites obviously forced them into it by being racist
>>
>>325969
>whites treated blacks like shit in a different country 100 years ago
>this clearly justifies blacks in south africa treating whites like shit today
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.