[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the history end ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Francis_Fukuyama_2005.jpg (336 KB, 667x1024) Image search: [Google]
Francis_Fukuyama_2005.jpg
336 KB, 667x1024
Does the history end ?
>>
>>319529

I never actually heard his argument but I always assumed not, since people are still writing it.
>>
>>319529
No and this man is a hack.
>>
Jean Baudrillard was right - history becomes its own dustbin. The world becomes its own dustbin.
>>
File: marxy marx.jpg (30 KB, 320x485) Image search: [Google]
marxy marx.jpg
30 KB, 320x485
>>319529
Yes, with the end of class conflict.
>>
>>319529
Everything with relative importance in the world will and is already being documented.
Historical work about times beyond the late 20th century will simply be a matter of compiling information and deciding which parts are important.
>>
File: 155641968.jpg (115 KB, 397x600) Image search: [Google]
155641968.jpg
115 KB, 397x600
no
>>
>>319529
I think 9/11 showed that he was wrong. The world is destabilizing and less democratic.
>>
>>319626
Who is this man?
>>
>>319948
That dude who is Walter's brother-in-law in Breaking Bad.
>>
>>319529
No and Fukuyama already said he was wrong so I have no idea why people still take him seriously.
>>
>>319591

Go to bed, Engels.
>>
>>319529
>>319975
Not only that, IIRC he was posing a question, not making a statement.
A question perfectly relevant to the context of the time, btw.
>>
>>319948
Hitler's papa, Oswald Spengler.
>>
>>319529
not until time or the things that can record it does.
>>
Yes.

History ends.
>>
>>321196

When?
>>
>>321210

I guess end is the wrong word, but we have very litte information of the civilisations from 10k BC or earlier.
>>
>>319529

It "ends" in the way as, there is no big ideology/nation fights anymore with globalization, everyone accepting capitalism and its highly organized rules (international treaties...)

So next wars will be some terrorist shit for ethnic claims, which can be torn with a strong policy
>>
>>321210
When we stop writing about it.
>>
>>319560
He basically admitted he was wrong, and has since tried to distance himself from neoconservatism.
>>
>>319529
>At the end of history, it is not necessary that all societies become successful liberal societies, merely that they end their ideological pretensions of representing different and higher forms of human society.

He's not really saying nothing will happen anymore, but merely that there won't be wars and conflicts on a global scale anymore like this (he's also not saying that it will be completely gone, just that it won't be as common as it is nowadays) because we understand the difference of ideologies.

Right now? Highly unlikely, with the rise of ISIS among other forms of religious radicals, and the racial tension in both Europe among migrants and the US amid police brutality/BLM. However, I believe after all of this is resolved there may be a time where we reach what Fukuyama saw as "end of history". I have hope in humanity.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.