[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true the spaniards were peaceful settlers who wanted to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 550x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 550x362
Is it true the spaniards were peaceful settlers who wanted to trade with mutual respect but they were met with violent savagery by the native americans?
>>
>>318222
Mostly, yes. But the natives attacked them because they settled and took over their territory
>>
The Spaniards were better than the English as conquerors.

See how many Latin Americans are descended from Amerindians. Now see how many Anglo Americans are descendants of Amerindians.
>>
>>318788
Uhh wouldn't that make the English better conquerors?
>>
>>318761
But borders don't exist. No human being is illegal.

Oh they were white? Fucking murderers.
>>
>>318788
They shitted up their genes because they couldn't keep it in their pants. That means anglos were better for having the decency to not create a new race of mongrels.

Case and point, a lot of Hispanics wish they were fully white. Is that something you want to do to your future generations? Rob them of a superior mind and body? I would be angry at my forebears.
>>
Serious question: How can you study history and be racist at the same time? Just wondering how it works.
>>
>>319631
Its harder to study history and not be racist but it mostly comes down to what you choose to study. Like with anything else, people dont want the truth if it offends their personal sensibilities.
>>
>>319631
Because then you know for a fact non-whites are inferior as fuck
>>
>>318222
>who wanted to trade

They wanted to save the natives' souls, you dipshit.
>>
>>319703
inferior in which sense?
>>
>>319739
Jesuits and missionaries were small potatoes senpai, they didn't give a shit if the natives converted they just wanted shiny things
>>
>>319744
Every sense.
>>
File: mexican baroque.jpg (363 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
mexican baroque.jpg
363 KB, 640x427
>>319750
That's why they spent countless of gold to build churches for the natives.

The conquests were made by greedy brutes, of course (who else is gonna risk his life in a distant shithole?) but evangelization was the top priority of the state. Spain was not the UK or the Netherlands.
>>
>>319750

Totally wrong, can be falsified by a google search.

>senpai

Fuck off you retarded faggot. Why are you even on this board? A ten year old who has watched the Road to El Dorado could have given that answer.
>>
>>318222
No, it isn't, actually. I'm assuming this is bait so I'm gonna sage.
>>
>>319774
It wasn't their top priority, it wasn't even a major concern until later. Spain wanted the silver in south America. The whole thing was mainly about monetary gain then later settling.

>>319780
Calm down autist.
>>
>>319653
I guess people have different ways to look at history. The more I study the less racist I become. Whatever.

>>319752
My nigga, it has never been about the color of the skin. Why just reduce everything to 4-5 races instead of talking of thousand of different societies and cultures. (I hope I explained it well)
>>
They was good boys
They dindu nuffin
They just tryna spread the word of jesus
>>
>>319807
I dunno, I'm racist ironically at this point.
>>
>>318222
I mean listen - the Black Legend was very convenient for people like the English in terms of propaganda - then they can say to the Natives "Hey! At least you're not suffering worse under the Spanish!" The White Legend comes about as a revisionist account to try to look at the wide complexity of Spanish Colonialism, for better or worse.

On the other hand, the Black Legend is probably mostly true. Bartholomew de las Casas is a really useful source here mainly because he's sort of an outsider in being against the violence of the Spanish. Of course, the joke is all colonialism is violence.
>>
>>319820
You and half this website. I guess the joke goes over my head.
>>
>>319795
>then later settling

It was never about settling. Spain had no people to settle shit.
>>
>>319838
They did, but they also settled with their dicks
>>
>>319838
Well, it depends. In Cuba and the rest of the Spanish Caribbean, the population of African slaves dwarfed the population of Spaniards from Europe for the majority of the colonial period.
>>
>>318222
lel couldn't be any more far from the truth... if anything that would apply to the portuguese.

spaniardos explorers in general were always bruttish thugs and some of the most evil, self-centered, greedy and vicious motherfuckers you could see; and to make matters worse they used the religion as a shield to justify their shenanigans
>>
>>319854
Spain is mostly empty even now.

>>319889
Literally the only country in hispano-america were mestizos and indians don't outnumber people descended from spaniards is Argentina, which was mostly an empty plain with almost no natives.
>>
>>319631

It's actually really easy if you're being honest with yourself.

I know there's a lot of propaganda out there, but you can learn to see through it with time.
>>
>>318222
The early conquistadors only did it for the money and the adventure. And they got plenty of both. Pizzaro and Cortez were grade-A assholes. But I suppose that's human nature. If you and your cohorts find yourself with vastly superior technology compared to the locals then your first instinct will be to take the whole thing over. The will to power and all that.
>>
>>320025
>if anything that would apply to the portuguese.
t. alberto barbosa
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.