[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should be done about sociopaths?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 9
File: Ted-Bundy.jpg (27 KB, 632x322) Image search: [Google]
Ted-Bundy.jpg
27 KB, 632x322
What should be done about sociopaths?
>>
>>317349
If they break the law, they are punished. This already happens and is all there needs to be done.
>>
if its something that can by objectively proven then they should be corrected permanently
>>
>>317349
Put them in high levels of government
>>
>>317349
Offer them incentives. Sociopaths aren't inherently unreasonable they just can't be appealed to with empathy.

The bigger problem is with psychopaths.
>>
>>317412
There is no point in appraoching them statistically. Generally speaking they are forged in the darkest cesapits of society where no light is shed, often abusive or alcaholic parents, and then left to their own devices to form a worldview.

Hitler and Stalin were both commonly beaten by their parents. Hitler nearly died several times.

Execution is the pratical approach, however proper psychological intervention in youth is iddeal. Psychoanalysis is extremely corrupt atm though, going through it as a child I saw it first hand. There are many hands, such as pharmacuetical that cling to psycho analysis and give it crutches. Psychoanalysis is trying to become independant with the dsm5 trying to be more science than social science, but it has a very long way to go.

I think that they are an imevitability considering this day and age, and one of the few actualy weak pionts of capitalism.
>>
>>317361
>all there needs to be done
we dont need to deal with people who are almost certain to be repeat offenders?
glorified timeouts dont work on them
>>
>>317466
There is no guarantee that sociopaths commit any crime whatsoever.
>>
>>317479
my bad
interpreted OP's post as meaning crimminals with aspd
>>
>>317479
They almost always commit abuse to those around them, bud.

It might not be a crime, but it causes a lot of psychological damage and mental health problems.
>>
>>317393

kek
>>
>>317442
>Hitler and Stalin were both commonly beaten by their parents. Hitler nearly died several times.

Hitler wasn't beaten more than any other child around that time. As a matter of fact be bragged to his mom about his father hitting him for sneaking out and his mom got so angry she told him to stop and he was never hit again.
>>
>>317487
>They almost always commit abuse to those around them, bud
[citation needed]
>>
>>317466
Sociopaths are usually deterred from crime by the legal process, we can't just round up all Sociopaths and put all of them in jail or kill them just for being Sociopaths mostly because people who are Sociopaths are very good at blending in with society and seeming normal. I don't know what you want the legal system to do here except for what they already do. I know you see the shootings or serial killers on TV but trust me if all Sociopaths did stuff like that the crime rate would be way higher.
>>
>>317498
Common sense.
>>
>>317514
There's also the fact that a lot of people who would actually be in a position of power to do things like this will probably be sociopaths themselves.

I appreciate that they won't really give anymore of a shit about their fellow psychos as they do anyone else, but I doubt somehow that they would be tricked into rounding them up.
>>
>>317514
>>317484
also
>I don't know what you want the legal system to do here except for what they already do
to rehabilitate them, but prisons arent very good at doing that
>>
>>317527
I don't think they CAN be rehabilitated. Every attempt to do so has just led them to blend in better, but obviously they'll still find an outlet for the less savoury aspects of their personality.

I honestly think that the only way to 'cure' a sociopath is to stimulate growth in whatever region of their brains that was supposed to develop a conscience, but to do this we would need ridiculously advanced medical science, and we would need it on a gigantic scale if it was actually going to make a difference.
>>
>>317349
Minority Report shit. /thread/. Can't be too hard to read some cunt's mind...
>>
>>317545
>but to do this we would need ridiculously advanced medical science
if all the money that was used to imprison those with aspd was being used to research aspd we would have had the tech years ago
>>
>>317516

That's weak. Don't you have any studies to back up the claim?
>>
>>317589
If I make the blatantly obvious point that a person without any conscience will have virtually no incentive to treat people well when they can manipulate others into thinking they're normal, if I point out that these people quite clearly love tormenting others just by interacting with them on a daily basis, if I point out that yes, common sense is indeed all you need to figure this out if you aren't a complete fucking retard or a sociopath yourself, will you still autistically whine about the fact that I haven't provided you some vague internet study, which even if I DID provide, you would find some bullshit way to dismiss it without reading it?

Get real, faggot. This is 4chan. You find those "studies" yourself. I'm not going to waste my time going through the internet to provide you with them, so you can smugly dismiss them as "weak" and go away thinking you've "won".
>>
>>317497
wait a sec, I thought Hitler was only raised by his mother?
>>
>>317667
But the statement you made wasn't true in any sense most Sociopaths never kill people.
>>
>>317709
Abuse =/= murder.

Read it properly.
>>
Most 4chan browsers suffer some sort of disorder so I don't know
>>
imo you could make some kind of extended prison sentence for people with this psychological profile
>>
>>317516
>lets base the legal system on some guys common sense
>>
society relies too much on sentimentalism as its source of morality

if no one has sentiment for you, too bad

if you have no sentiments at all, too bad for everyone else
>>
IIT: psychology naive people talking about a retarded american word who gobble up perverts and psychopath together.

there is no good solution if you want the society to thrive.

psychopath:lock them
perverts: diagnosis and warning them about the sentence they can get if they decide to break the law.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 720x540
>>317894
>Let's NOT base the legal system on common sense!

No seriously

This is some shit tier trolling
>>
>>317820

Pretty much everyone suffers from some sort of disorder.

The chances of being 100% "normal" is insanely low.
>>
>>317971

Different anon but no it's not trolling. What one person considers common sense is completely different to what another person comsiders to be common sense. It is a completely ludicrous and vague concept to base anything on, let alone a legal system.
>>
>>317349
I take offence to the popular assumption that sociopaths are out to hurt people. Much to the contrary I find that they're better company than neurotypical people because the latter tend to be less self aware. Mind the edge but if you ask me something should be done about neurotypical people to keep them from destroying society.
>>
>>317820
That's a polite way of saying that 4chan is full of the emotionally damaged and the autistic.

Which is totally true.
>>
>>317487
Only if they're stupid and have poor impulse control. Repeatedly abusing everyone around you isn't very beneficial in the long run. Jesus fuck its like you've learned everything you know about sociopaths from late night crime dramas.
>>
>>317487
I think you're confusing sociopaths with psychopaths.
>>
>>317516
Case in point. Neurotypicals are literally retarded.
>>
>>317667
Its disadvantageous to fuck people over if you're going to see them again. How stupid are you?
>>
>>318277
>>318292
>>318301
>>318315
Do you think you're subtle, out of interest?
>>
>>318347
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>318292
>only if they have poor impulse control
acting on impulse is one of the symptoms of aspd
so by definiton practically all sociopaths have poor impulse control
>>
>>317667
>get real
Without studies to back up your point, the opposition HAS won.
>>
>>317349
I'd say find a way to detect sociopathy before birth, then mandated abortion for sociopath babies.
>>
Send them to the front line and let them do their thing on the enemy
>>
>>319542
>Without studies to back up your point, the opposition HAS won.
You gonna cite a study on that?
>>
>>319554
That makes you a worse person than the average sociopath.
>>
>>319609
/his/ is literally one of the dumbest boards, made more apparent by its lofty opinion of itself.
>>
>>317349
Put them in business courses and groom them to run companies.

They seem to excel at that.
>>
>>317466
We already punish repeat offenders more harshly.

What more would you have done?
>>
>>319628
You can thank the /lit/ posters for that.
>>
>>319614
>this is what sociopaths actually believe
>>
>>317349
Sociopath here, been studied by psychologist for a year and a half now. I am a law abiding citizens with a pretty good IQ, great social skills, am an INTJ, and from most people's point of view a pretty good person. Now that is how a am on the surface and underneath all that is someone who care for no one, but my self. I have no empathy for people not even my parents, but i know how to fake it. I reached out to the psychology community to see what maybe why I am like this. I did it not because I want to be fix but out of curiosity. I find great strength and having no empathy. If you guys have any questions lay them on me.
>>
>>319554
>change definition/detection of sociopath to fit arbitrary definitions of people you don't like
gee what could go wrong
>>
>>319628
>ur dum xD

Nice one.

I'm sure you're very proud of that comment.
>>
>>319699
Why do you browse 4chan?
>>
>>319699
>am an INTJ
Same here. I dont think I've met another INTJ before though.
>>
>>319668
Stop them from becoming repeat offenders

To research and find a fix for apsd instead of continuing to use a method that has never, and will never, work
>>
>>317516
>w-what do you mean 'armchair psychology'
>this is clearly a desk chair
>No I don't think furniture is relevant but you brought it up
>>
>>317349
enlist them into the army
>>
>>319699

INFP sociopath reporting in.

Similar in pretty much every way you described.

I remember reading somewhere about the concept of love and that it is impossible to love your parents in the same way/as much as they love you. Because they had you out of a desire to nurture a human life, whereas you were just born into a world where these people look after you.

This doesn't mean I don't appreciate, but explains a lot.

Sociopaths also do better in life desu, I'm the typical self improver, gym, learning a language, reading books on things like PUA/Sales/Machiavellianism to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
>>
>>317699
His father died when he was 14.

As an aside, has anyone else noticed how much Hitler's father looks like Paul von Hindenberg? Same buzz-cut, same same walrus mustache, both heavy-set, same tired look in their eyes. It's uncanny.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (51 KB, 518x273) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
51 KB, 518x273
>>322533
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>319699
Is your supposed mental disorder related to your inability to properly use English?
>>
>Introverted
>Sociopath

You're better off autistic

How can you apply sociopathic traits to get ahead if you can't interact with people.

>More like failed normie
>>
Whores and normies are the worst kind of people. They blindly follow along to do what each other does without using logic to make a moral decision, they trip each other off, spite each other and do terrible shit to each other just for the feeling of it and to fit in, instead of analyzing and calculating the situation. A psychopath has a better sense of moral judgment than a whore or a normie. A psychopath has a much more lucid, unfettered idea how to live life, than the deluded normie mckukoldmuncher or a woman.
>>
>>322680
that's why normies, woman and their kuk beta enablers are the dregs of human society
>>
File: image.png (555 KB, 3300x3140) Image search: [Google]
image.png
555 KB, 3300x3140
>>322680
>people with zero conscience are better people than those who feel guilt.

I mean, do you not even recognise the blatant contradictions in what you just typed out?

Do you sincerely believe that pile of
horseshit?

You're not even a failed normie. You're a failed psychopath, which is even more pathetic.
>>
Most sociopaths are probably Formula 1 drivers or MMA fighters though.

I.e they are people who had the genes for psychopathy, but were raised in stable, loving homes, which made them into functioning members of society that could find other outlets for their lack of nervousness and fear.

The idea that all people who have the traits of psychopathy are automatically serial-killers is clearly a fiction.
>>
>>322721
What if you feel guilty about making a decision that was ultimately the 'right' thing to do? (eg. ending a friendship with someone who is dragging you down?)

Emotions cloud good judgement.
>>
File: 1441238896059.jpg (6 KB, 289x257) Image search: [Google]
1441238896059.jpg
6 KB, 289x257
>>320374
I'm stealing this one
>>
>>317922
pedo detected
>>
>>320105
Antisocial personalities understand punishment and deterrence just fine. Being unethical doesn't make you fearless.
What makes you think we aren't already using medications and behavioral therapy to try and "cure" their behavior? Do the fucking research yourself or shut up and stop whining about advances being too slow for you.

It seems the media has instilled a fear of sociopaths in you. As if every sociopath is a serial killer and they're lurking around every corner. Really, people with empathy can do similar terrible things with just a little tinkering to their justifications. Shouldn't you be more afraid of that?
>>
File: 1430558248573.jpg (68 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
1430558248573.jpg
68 KB, 570x587
>>317516
>Guys, I've disproven all of quantum theory!
>How?
>It doesn't agree with my common sense
>Did you ever consider that facts can be counter intuitive?
>OH MY GOD HOW CAN YOU EVEN DISAGREE WITH THE UNFOUNDED ASSUMPTIONS I MAKE PURELY BASED ON INTUITION THEY'RE FLAWLESS THIS IS WHY ACADEMICS ARE SLAVES TO JEWISH REPTILIAN MARXIST EDUCATED STUPID INDOCTRINATION
>>
>>322885
Not him, but a large part of having antisocial personality disorder involves not having anxiety and actually being fearless.

Hence my post here >>322723
>>
>>317349

Don't create them.
Society makes them crazy, so if we'd live in a better world , there would be less crazy people.

It's up to You!
>>
>>318236
>insanely low
>>
>>322973
kek
>>
ITT: Mongoloids trying to be proud of their defective genes

It's a like fucking hugbox in here. You can pull all kinds of mental gymnastics but the fact is a vast majority of sociopaths have terrible impulse control, are incapable of existing in regular society and typically end up in jail. Basically nothing more than impudent children and they should be treated accordingly.
>>
>>317349
>should

well well well...
>>
>>323057
blame the media for portraying sociopaths as cold emotionless calculating machines. stemtards lap that shit up and try to emulate it because they're autistic and therefore obsessed with portraying themselves as the ultimate rational beings.
>>
>>317349
>start eugenics program
>locate genes that cause proper socio/psychopathy (not just aspergers and shit)
>snip snip on everyone carrying those genes
>problem is now solved
>wall streeters can't have babies any more though
>>
>>322803
? What?
>>
>>322917
Low anxiety on average doesn't mean no anxiety. Anxiety disorders can coexist with antisocial personality disorder so long as the subject doesn't have delusions.
>>
>>323147
This would destroy a lot of genetic diversity for no good reason and could have unintended consequences. I could see eliminating the genetic basis for autism as removing a lot of potential geniuses from the human race, if sociopaths are more likely to occupy certain roles like being a yuppie then removing them wouldn't be without economic consequences.
>>
>>323057
This. Begbie from Trainspotting is the most accurate portrayal of a sociopath I've seen in the media. The "cold and calculating" Hannibal Lecter bullshit is a myth.
>>
>>323205
>Anxiety disorders can coexist with antisocial personality disorder

Can they really? Seems counter-intuitive.
>>
>>323229
I know this is anecdotal, but the only person diagnosed with ASPD that I know also had bad OCD. They're actually quite prone to stress and self-image problems, which is probably part of the reason they'd be so impulsive.
>>
>>323248
That's interesting. Because at least as far as I have gathered from reading books about the subject, one of the primary aspects of ASPD is extremely low anxiety responses and the obvious one which is a lack of conscience.

I watched a documentary about Iceman too, the serial hitman, and apparently the only time he ever felt nervous or angsty, was when he watched a man being eaten alive by rats.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 620x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 620x700
>>323057
Exactly.

This majority of this thread is clearly composed of one or two butthurt socios constantly replying to the same comments with the same identical, shitty arguments.

Pathetic, really.

>pic related, my face when they think they're subtle
>>
>>317497
Source for this story?
>>
>>319699
INTP sociopath
Can confirm
>>
>>322885
>Antisocial personalities understand punishment and deterrence just fine
Yeah, except they dont feel guilt and therefore cant take responsibility for their actions. Anytine they get punished they just blame others, internalize that anger and take it out on those around them. I know all of those with aspd arent serial killers, that doesnt mean they shouldnt be cured. Prison does nothing for those with aspd except give them more incentive to hurt other. And we dont have a cure for aspd, everyone knows this. Stop getting triggered
>>
>>322506
>INFP
>NF uses emotion, inner values, for decisions.
>Sociopath
Huh?
>>
I believe that most people on this site that claim to be sociopaths, or what have you, actually suffer from schizoid personality disorder.
>>
>>324089
I think what he meant to type was 'special snowflake'
>>
>>317349
Maybe make a culture that doesn't encourage those traits?

We treat honesty and kindness like a weakness and act surprised when everyone turns out to be evil sacks of shit.
>>
make them pay or work of the damage they have done. If they cant be rehabilitated into society they get sent to a prison island exclusively populated by people who are not welcome in society.

That is if they have done any crime.
>>
>>317361
Aaaand /thread

You couldnĀ“t outbreed the gene, even if you knew which one it was and how. That means, there will always be NarcAso-PDs ("psychopaths"), and there is nothing you can do about that besides maybe a better law system.
>>
Eugenics.
>>
>>317820
Depression
>>
>>327195
*autism
>>
Hire a sociopath to hunt down and kill other sociopaths. Kinda like how it takes a retard to know a retard.
>>
>>327213
Not every socially crippled person is an autist. They might be just a person with underdeveloped social skills.
>>
>>327248
I was making a meme my friend
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 250x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 250x234
>sociopaths think their lack of empathy is a 'strength'

Yes, keep acting like the elite wants you to, impressionable idiots.
>>
Cured, kept out of society till cured, if ever.
>>
>>317349
Commit no crime, get no punishment, etc.
>>
>>317361
I agree with this

>>324472
As to this though, some anon has a proposal >>328674
>>
>>319699
>>322506
How did you come to recognize or decide that you were a sociopath? The idea that everyone else experiences an emotional state that you do not seems difficult to prove or disprove, at least on your own. Makes the whole voluntary psych. aspect seem less likely than (at the very least) a friend or acquaintance suggesting it.

Also, how strong would you say your theory of mind is, sans empathy. Is your capacity to predict the behaviors of others in any way hampered by sociopathy?

Finally, would you say that you are generally emotionally numb, or solely lacking empathy? In either case, on what basis do you prioritize your actions? Theoretically you should be as free to NEET it up as you are to do anything that could be characterized as successful, high functioning, or classically selfish.
>>
>>319699
In public restrooms, do you prefer urinals with partitions between them so other guys can't see your junk?

Serious question.
>>
>>317527
Prisons aren't very good at it because their aim isn't rehabilitation
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.