[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what exactly constitutes a "spook"? From what I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1410674987126.png (94 KB, 348x437) Image search: [Google]
1410674987126.png
94 KB, 348x437
So what exactly constitutes a "spook"?

From what I gathered, from the dank memes on /his/ and Stirner's wiki page, is that a spook is an arbitrary idea, limiting us in one way or another. Good? Bad? Are "spooks" a spook?
>>
>>476000
creative nothing is a spook

the ego is a spook

the distinction between ego and non ego is a spook

stirner was actually a c.uckold

stirner is for kids too lazy to read heidegger
>>
>a spook is an arbitrary idea, limiting us in one way or another.

That's one use of the term. A spook is morality that you obey, but have no physical reason to. If you want to copulate with someone, but you "can't" because you're "married" then that's a spook. There's nothing physically stopping you except an idea you enslave yourself to.
>>
File: 1450364521725.png (110 KB, 381x448) Image search: [Google]
1450364521725.png
110 KB, 381x448
Spooks are concepts that basically only exist if you beleive in them.

Let's say you kill someone. Well it's against the "law" but the law isn't real, only the force behind it is. Or you might say what you did was "immoral" but again morality isn't real.

A Spook basically tries to control you and it only works if you believe in it. Of course Stirner isn't saying we should go around killing each other but killing is an option. It's importaint that whether you kill or don't kill someone you do it entirly because you want to, and not because a spook told you.
>>
>>476087
Go shill Heidegger somewhere else. Protip: being into Heidegger doesn't make you smart.
>>
Basically any idea you put ahead of yourself and act as though it were something with substance or of inherent value. Ideas aren't in an of themselves something Stirner is opposed to, he just believes that they're not something worth putting ahead of yourself because they lack substance.
>>
>>476296
>having principles is for suckers Lmao

Stirner kiddies are the worst posters on this board
>>
>>476315
>putting myself first in all situations isn't an idea or way of living
>>
>>476319

Stirner would argue that principles are what cause 90% of the violence in the world. Just look at many people rabid hatred of Islam and desire to kill them all, and Islams hatred of the West. They both think they're principled people, and because of that the "other" is no longer human and must die. When in reality all there is just two sets of retards throwing rocks at each other for no reason other than that an imaginary idea told them to. They're not self owned people, all they are is vessals for so called "principles".
>>
>>476319
>Having principles is for suckers.

That's not it at all. Stirner explains this a bit more thoroughly in Stirner's Critics, but he's not opposed to any particular idea, just ideas held as sacred, untouchable things that you put before yourself and shackle yourself to.

>>476329
Maybe, but it's an idea relating to the single most fundamental aspect of yourself, and the only aspect of reality in which you have no capacity to doubt (cogito ergo sum).
>>
amaze thread
>>
File: duckface_hack.jpg (57 KB, 764x862) Image search: [Google]
duckface_hack.jpg
57 KB, 764x862
>>476303
the distinction between spook and nonspook has always already been deconstructed
>>
>>476345
The most fundamental aspect of myself is also the same in others. He who can't see himself in other people suffers from an arrested development of the soul. I'm not saying be a Bodhisattva but my ego vs. a hostile, alien world is a stupid way to live
>>
>>476387
It's not your ego versus a hostile, alien world. It's your ego versus a world that you make your own, into something that isn't hostile and alien.
>>
>>476000
Once you come to realization that EVERYTHING is a spook you can move on to the upanishads.
>>
File: spoooky.jpg (160 KB, 697x398) Image search: [Google]
spoooky.jpg
160 KB, 697x398
Everything.
>>
is feeling ugly a spook? i think lots of times thats a thought grounded in reality, how do you know what is spook and what is real? what do you do if its both?
>>
A "spook" is any idea or concept that cannot be "dissolved" or (by its own internal logic) attempts to imply it has a "life" when detached from you as the thinking individual.

Any idea that withholds any part of itself as not able to be entirely your "property" is a spook.

this includes
>any meaning outside that of which you assign.
>any ideological imperative in a way of thinking that attempts to present itself as coming from outside your person in a fashion that could survive without you believing it.

Note that a spook is only a spook if its presentation contains this "fib" of value.

An idea on its own may have all the parts of a spook, but lacking this crucial element it is not one.
>>
Spook is /lit/ meme not a /his/ meme
>>
>>476087
cuckold doesn't get filtered anymore newfag
>>
>>477258
It's both actually.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.