[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mengde did nothing wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 1920x1080
Mengde did nothing wrong.
>>
Truer words have never been spoken
>>
File: Liu Bei armchair strategist.jpg (21 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Liu Bei armchair strategist.jpg
21 KB, 720x400
>>471038

>did nothing wrong
>lost at the Battle of Chibi

pick one
>>
Literally the best villain ever. Because of Confucian insistence on Ren and De, he couldn't just act tyrannically. So we have a very nuanced character, someone who knows how to motivate the common soldiers, who understands basic psychology, and who looks after the families of his followers, even the ones he kills for political gain.

It's hilarious that western works haven't learned from him, working for a villain is always "you have failed me for the last time" kind of stuff, whereas this guy was actually on top of his game and there was actually an incentive for people to work for him.
>>
>>471063

Actually it was Pang Tong who suggested chain linking the ships. The same Pang Tong who becomes a minister under Liu Bei. Hella suspicious, amirite?
>>
If I know nothing about that era of Chinese history outside of having played a fuckload of Dynasty Warriors 5 empires who were the real major players worth reading about?
>>
He really didn't. It was his son who fucked everything up.
>>
>>471077

Obviously i need to brush up on my history
>>
File: Liu Bei.jpg (586 KB, 690x980) Image search: [Google]
Liu Bei.jpg
586 KB, 690x980
>>471120
The Dynasty Warriors games are actually pretty historically accurate
>>
File: 4chanbanner.jpg (38 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
4chanbanner.jpg
38 KB, 300x100
>>471074
>>>>>>>>>villain
>>
I love the three kingdoms show and haven't played dynasty warriors. where should I start?
>>
>>471077
Fire arrows can't melt wood beams
Red Cliffs was an inside job!
>>
File: angry.png (113 KB, 241x249) Image search: [Google]
angry.png
113 KB, 241x249
>>471131

>that comment
>with that picture
>>
>>471038
Where could I find the best translation for The Romance of Three Kingdoms?
>>
>>471077
Choosing wrong advisers also falls into doing wrong.
>>
File: 1448199846755.png (46 KB, 853x686) Image search: [Google]
1448199846755.png
46 KB, 853x686
>>471131
>>
>>471459
There are two translations for the novel, the Moss Roberts and the Brewitt-Taylor versions. I haven't read the book yet so I cant tell you which version is better, but the Roberts version uses the Pinyin names we all know while the BT version translates the names as Tsao Tsao, Chuko Liang, etc.
>>
File: Shufag economics.jpg (43 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Shufag economics.jpg
43 KB, 720x400
>>471063
>Liu Bei
>Calling anyone an armchair strategist

He was the biggest military jobber before he got some skilled tacticians. What sort of idiot thinks it's a good idea to place his entire army in a forest in the middle of summer when he saw the damage fire could do at red cliffs.
>>
File: Liu Bei sad.jpg (38 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Liu Bei sad.jpg
38 KB, 720x400
>>472281

Don't be mean, he tried his best.
>>
>>472342
>Throw only heir on floor
>Get mad when brain damage makes him stupid
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.