[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the origin of the Kurdish people? I have a friend who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 20136271635850734_20[1].jpg (247 KB, 680x450) Image search: [Google]
20136271635850734_20[1].jpg
247 KB, 680x450
What is the origin of the Kurdish people? I have a friend who is a Kurd and she claims they are descendants from ancient Babylonians, but I think that is just fabricated nationalist bullshit.
>>
>>315618
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Kurds
>>
Iranian Mercenary people.

Still better than Armenians tho.
>>
Iranian IEs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ny0m349g70
>>
File: Turk Smug Pepe.jpg (10 KB, 245x249) Image search: [Google]
Turk Smug Pepe.jpg
10 KB, 245x249
>>315618
>Not knowing GLORIOUS 5000 YEARS OLD K*RT HISTORY
>2015
>>
>>316542
makes sense, actially tbqh
>>
>>315618
The Kurds were gypsies who got kicked out of Iran then ran up some mountains on the border of Iraq. They eventually came down and took over Mesopotamia by breeding like rabbits, THE END.
>>
I dunno but they're ugly as shit.
>>
they are descendants from ancient Babylonians
>>
>>315618
Everyone in that geographic area is decedened from the Babylonians
>>
>>319332
>>319331
Are you stupid?

Provide your goddamn proof, they're Indo-Iranian. Babyoonians aren't even from the North of Iraq.
>>
>>315618
They're definitely not Babylonian; the Babylonians were a Semitic, Amorite-speaking people whose ancestors probably came from around Syria. The Kurdish language is strongly Indo-Iranian, and in ancestry and culture they're closer to Persians than anything. The best theories I've heard are that they're descended from the nomadic Gutians of the Zagros Mountains.
>>
>>320551
Or rather, Amorites, probably from Syria, who spoke Akkadian.
>>
>>320561
Do you actually believe any of the crazy shit you say? There are historical accounts of when Kurds starting beginning a majority in Iraq, they weren't always there.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.