[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me about seljuks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: seljuk empire.png (187 KB, 1280x781) Image search: [Google]
seljuk empire.png
187 KB, 1280x781
tell me about seljuks
>>
>>31550
Are turks trying to make this board turkfriendly or why are they several threads about some turkic shit? No board likes you just deal with it.
>>
>>31550
Fine lads who managed to exploit incompetent Doukas rule.
>>
>>31680
actually i play crusader kings 2 and i'm interested about seljuks

also fuck off to /int/ or /pol/ pls
>>
>>31729
Tunisian detected
>>
>>31550
don't play with seljuks, too much decadence.

speaking of ck2, I always get boners when I abduct an enemy's wife, is that normal?
>>
>>31805
if you play with ck2plus decadence is no longer a big deal
>>
>>31729
Well be more specific on what you want to know. I'd say go to wikipedia and read about it...
>>
>>31847
>I'd say go to wikipedia and read about it
like i said
>>/int/
>>/pol/
>>
>>31880
Oh so you weren't OP. My bad, sorry.
>>
>>31680
Maybe it is because Turkics do occupy a big chunk of history
>>
The original Turks
The Ottomans were NOT Turks. When will people stop this meme

Ataturk created the false sense of turkish identity, from a people who were Persian, Arab, Greek, Anatolian and other Europeans, as well as Turkmen which are really east from modern day Turkey
>>
>>32091
It's a case of Theseus' ship. The Seljuks came to Anatolia and the Anatolians became culturally Turkic, thus creating the Turkish ethnicity which isn't Turkic genetically... Similar thing happened with Bulgaria.
>>
File: 1445099713868.png (8 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1445099713868.png
8 KB, 1024x640
>>32091
Turk pro here
You're bullshitting, ottomans came from Turkmenistan like Seljuks did

also arab/persian dna doesn't exist in turk people.
>>32182
They're just seljuks who mixed with locals.w
>>
The most glorious part of the Seltjuk establishment was giving rise to Saladin the (Kurdish) Ayyubid. He basically took over from the Seltjuks, after proving himself time and time again as a pragmatist, military genius, governing talent, a man of virtue.
>>
>>32314
funnily enough, he was ethnically Kurdish, but he probably never identified with Kurdish culture, or spoke a word of Kurdish language. He spoke Arabic, but he probably didn't consider himself an Arab either, or he just didn't care about what race he was

Also a lot of people think Saladdin just made an army and fought off the Crusaders, but he actually did a lot of things before he got to that point, the most notable one being destroying the Fatimid caliphate, whose people (along with Seljuks) were responsible for harassing Christian pilgrims, that led to anti-Islamic sentiments that inspired the Crusades
It wasn't until he had control of both sides of Palestine (Syria and Egypt), that he actually made an attempt against the Crusader kingdoms.
The interesting part is, this is what ISIS is claiming to do. They say they want to eventually fight Israel, but they cannot until the countries that are supporting it, or preventing them from fighting Israel, are removed and they surround all sides of Israel
>>
>>32505
nationality didn't matter much in history
>>
>>32314
Selahaddin was a vassal of Zengid Turks, I wouldnt say he took over from Seljuks.

By the way, I would have doubts about Selahaddin being a man of virtue. In Kitab'ül Etibar, ibn Munkız (a man who lived in the same time as Selahaddin and served him infact) tells about him in one part, it might interest you.
>>
>>32505
His army was mainly turks and he achieved amazing feats with them. pretty based guy tb h
>>
>>32505
While it's correct that he didn't care what ethnicity he was, because basically no one did in those empires. He took a lot of Kurdish forces with himself to Egypt, Levant etc. His dynasty also became 'arabised' to the end of the ayyubid rule. But Saladin himself spoke Kurdish, Arabic and probably Turkish. And the way he organised his governing and military is known for taking Caucasians, Kurds and Turks and giving them powerful positions.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.