[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Historical keks. >Roger Palmer, 1st Earl of Castlemaine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Castlemaine.jpg (23 KB, 288x434) Image search: [Google]
Castlemaine.jpg
23 KB, 288x434
ITT: Historical keks.

>Roger Palmer, 1st Earl of Castlemaine
>In 1660 Barbara Villiers, his wife of one year, became mistress to King Charles II. The king created Palmer Baron Limerick and Earl of Castlemaine in 1661, but the title was limited to his children by Barbara, which made it clear to the whole court that the honour was for her services in the King's bedchamber rather than for his in the King's court. This made it more of a humiliation than an honour.
>>
The three sons of Phillip 4.
Their wives were caught sleeping with knights.

There was also Claudius.

>On 14 April 1659 he marriedBarbara Villiersagainst his family's wishes; his father predicting at the time of the wedding that she would make him one of the most miserable men in the world. Roger was a quiet, studious, bookish man and a devout Roman Catholic while his wife was an accomplished sexual athlete

He asked for it. Who would think it would be a good idea to marry a slut?
>>
>>314694
Hey, one of the wives were just covering up for the other two. Don't drag the Burgundian sisters THAT hard.
>>
>>314704
You never know. Her husband just didn't divorce her because he wanted her inheritance.
>>
>>314624
>He became a member of the English Privy Council in 1686, following James II's accession to the throne. He was appointed Ambassador to the Vatican, where he was ridiculed as Europe's most famous kekold.
>>
I mean, suppose that was your wife

>Honey, I was just covering for my sisters while they were having affairs with men. I was there just watching.

Would you believe her?
>>
>What are you ducking for? They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-
>>
>>314719
You ever read The Iron King by Maurice Drunon? Puts it in an interesting light. Though...

>historical fiction
>>
>>314743
I did. In that novel just two of them keked their husbands, right? I don't remember their part that well.
>>
>>314752
Yep. Third was the cover-up. Think it was the youngest?
>>
>>314756
Can't remember very well. Iirc, the second one was pardoned.
>>
There was a mistress of Louis XIV whose husband got so butthurt he infected himself with syphillis in the hopes of passing it on to her and through her to the king.

Unfortunately his wife refused to have sex with him since the king didn't want her to fuck anyone but himself.
>>
Demosthenes

Basically failed at everything he set out to do, got keked by Philip and Alexander numerous times, and the only reason he was remembered was because his anal devastation was really eloquently spoken
>>
File: 1431536578253.jpg (84 KB, 1000x928) Image search: [Google]
1431536578253.jpg
84 KB, 1000x928
>>314779
>>
>>314733
obviously not
>>
File: Gesualdo.jpg (49 KB, 475x625) Image search: [Google]
Gesualdo.jpg
49 KB, 475x625
The Kek Strikes Back.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.