[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a smart man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10
File: Lh8grYF.jpg (410 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Lh8grYF.jpg
410 KB, 2048x1536
Was he a smart man?
>>
Not a genius, but incredibly conniving and cunning. Good at forging alliances and manuvering himself into power. Like when he gave a bunch of people the wrong day for Lenin's funeral.
>>
>>312862
How did he actually manuver himself into power? Like what were the actual things that he did to achieve his ends?
>>
>>312842

Crafty and treacherous, sure. Smart? That's a stretch. His education was a lot more limited than most of the bolsheviks.
>>
>>312842
Who is that? That Hitler guy?
>>
File: mJBJNEb.jpg (114 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
mJBJNEb.jpg
114 KB, 1024x1024
>>313595
He actually had a higher level of education than Trotsky did even. He finished highschool at least and had somewhat of a university level education from what I understand. Trotsky on the other hand... This of course is not talking about their unnofficial self taught educations. And dont you think that crafty and treacherous and cleverness would count as intelligence?
>>
>>313622
>>
File: 1426988202653.jpg (42 KB, 587x599) Image search: [Google]
1426988202653.jpg
42 KB, 587x599
Geneal apptitude is a spook
>>
>>313635
wut
>>
File: stalin.png (966 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
stalin.png
966 KB, 768x1024
>>312842
bumping with Soso
>>
File: Stalin1952.jpg (30 KB, 402x303) Image search: [Google]
Stalin1952.jpg
30 KB, 402x303
>>313700
>>
>>313704
>>
>>313635
>apptitude
Stirnerfags confirmed for inbred morons.

Explains a lot.
>>
>>312842
He was definitely above average in raw intelligence. But he was rather uneducated, and had this pleb vibe to him.
>>
>>312842
yes
>>
>>313723
What makes you say he was uneducated? Have you ever seen his library? Pretty extensive. Ever read any of his writings?
>>
File: evil-292627.jpg (45 KB, 590x525) Image search: [Google]
evil-292627.jpg
45 KB, 590x525
>>313708
>>
>>313745
>What makes you say he was uneducated?
Well, I know his personal life, plus he had a high disdain for intellectuals.
>>
He was much more commonsensical and practical than Lenin.
>>
File: A U R Y O N H.gif (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
A U R Y O N H.gif
50 KB, 250x250
>>312842

YES, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING CONCRETE; ALL NONVEGETABLE BEINGS WITH AN AWARENESS AT A LEVEL ABOVE BACTERIA ARE SMART TO A DEGREE, OR HAVE A CERTAIN KIND OF SMARTNESS.

ASKING IS IF HE WAS A SMART MAN IS JUST AS INANE AS ASKING IF REQUIRED WATER TO SURVIVE.
>>
>>313774
He read voraciously and wrote quite well. I think its safe to say that he himself was an intellectual.
>>
>>313785
>arguing semantics

petty
>>
File: AREIZOO.gif (33 KB, 296x289) Image search: [Google]
AREIZOO.gif
33 KB, 296x289
>>313852

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT "SEMANTICS" MEANS, OR WHAT SEMANTICS IS? I DO NOT THINK SO.
>>
>>312842
Near genius if not so. Had seminary training but was mostly self-taught, famous for encyclopedic knowledge of pretty much everything, and was a competent theorist as well as poet. There's some quote Churchill made where he makes some backhanded statement about how smart Stalin is. I think it was Churchill, could be wrong.
>>
Of course.
>>
>>313860
Arguing semantics about semantics
wow man
>>
>>314271

I AM NOT EVEN ARGUING SEMANTICS, IGNORANT IDIOT.
>>
>>313785
SCHIZOPHRENIC FAGGOT FUCK OFF BACK TO /POL/
>>
Have read his poems in Georgian and it has to be said that they're fucking beautiful. He used to frequently get published in various journals and whatnot before he became a dissident and got into communism.
When he was 17 he was meeting with Ilia Chavchavadze, a publisher and a writer himself. Another prominent poet Vazha-Pshavela had to wait in the hall because of that and when Stalin finally came out Vazha-Pshavela exclaimed: did I really just have to wait because of HIM? After Stalin came to power Vazha was not around anymore but his brother and family were executed by NKVD and it is believed to have happened because of that very incident at the publisher's.
>>
>>314323
For the non Georgian speakers here what exactly makes his poetry so beautiful?
>>
>>312842
I dont necessarily buy that he was a completely cold iron hearted person. You cant write poetry like that, love his first wife the way he did and care so deeply about the revolution without being a deeply emotional person. It was a fine line between love and hatred for him. And the paranoia and hatred won in the end.
>>
>>314323
>When he was 17 he was meeting with Ilia Chavchavadze, a publisher and a writer himself. Another prominent poet Vazha-Pshavela had to wait in the hall because of that and when Stalin finally came out Vazha-Pshavela exclaimed: did I really just have to wait because of HIM? After Stalin came to power Vazha was not around anymore but his brother and family were executed by NKVD and it is believed to have happened because of that very incident at the publisher's.
Sounds like something a bourgeois intelligentsia would make up tbhlads
>>
>>312842
http://www.stalindigitalarchive.com/frontend/
Here is Stalin's library. He was very well read
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.