[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever honestly called him/herself evil? Are there any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: tumblr_n9t2q8CP5j1qifk07o1_500.jpg (150 KB, 500x631) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9t2q8CP5j1qifk07o1_500.jpg
150 KB, 500x631
Has anyone ever honestly called him/herself evil?
Are there any historical figures who thought they're evil?

I mean there are plenty who were called evil by others, but that's not what I'm asking.

Also it doesn't matter how they thought they're evil (from a religious, philosophical or simply political point of view) or other people's opinion about them.

Pic kinda related, he called himself 666, but I'm not a Crowley fan, so I have no idea how he meant it (also this thread is not a Crowley thread).
>>
>>311884
About the closest I can think of is that Machiavelli had a chapter in the Prince devoted to effective use of cruelty and oppression. Although he prefaces the chapter with a statement saying that he knows people are going to misinterpret this chapter, how they're going to use it as an endorsement of such methods, when he's not, he's merely analyzing causes and effects.
>>
reminder that the actual number of the beast is 616 and not 666
>>
King Diamond
>>
>>311884
>Not a Crowley thread
That's cool, I've got his unpublished works in another threat atm.

AC, as far as I know, never actually styled himself as "evil". Can't find any references as such in his Libri or most of the material he'd put together after he was like 18 or 19. 666 & The Beast were largely solar references and stuff from Enochiana.

While he was a young teen he considered himself a Satanist but grew out of that before he joined the GD. As time went on, Satan was integrated into his system but simply as another entity, there, but not to be adored or reviled. "Wickedest Man" shit was mostly for publicity and headlines.
>>
>>311935
Explain pls. Mom's birthday is 6/16 and I need to know if I have to put her down
>>
File: χιϛ = 616.jpg (43 KB, 517x578) Image search: [Google]
χιϛ = 616.jpg
43 KB, 517x578
>>311940
>>
>>311935
Reminder that the 666 thing was an act of political mudslinging in the bible
>>
Lots of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, and Roman polytheisr philosophers say that human nature is flawed, sinful or evil. They're recognizing their own evilness, which may or may not count in this thread.
>>
>>311947
That a part of the Bible that references the devils noombar?

Where can I find more information on this?
>>
Oda Nobunaga
His nickname was "Demon King of the 6th Heaven".
>>
>>311951
Lots of atheist, nonatheists, philosophy majors, psychologists, and scientists say humanity is flawed, evil or not perfect. They're recognizing the vagueness of the word evil and equating it with other vague terms to legitimize another vague statement.
>>
>>311940

lol
>>
>>311951
>which may or may not count in this thread

While your point is valid, I hoped for individuals here, not organiations, philosophies or religions.

But thanks anyway!
>>
>In his youth, because of his recalcitrance once he departed from the ways of his fundamentalist Plymouth Brethren parents, Crowley was referred to by (and gloried in) the title of "Beast." At Cambridge he not only accepted the title but expanded on it, calling himself "The Great Beast" and signing notes "666"
Crowley just hated Christian lunatics, his work used "the method of science; the aim of religion".
>>
File: MTE4MDAzNDEwMTU3MDEyNDk0.jpg (114 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwMTU3MDEyNDk0.jpg
114 KB, 1200x1200
>>311996
>Oda Nobunaga
>His nickname was "Demon King of the 6th Heaven".

I heard he didn't really meant it, it was just a joke or something.
Like Paganini and the devil: you play the fool cause it makes you a badass.
>>
>>312024

Careful with the language, I don't want to make this thread a religious battleground.

And yeah, it's basically the same as >>311937
>>
I would like to be a genuinely edgy evil satanist, but I'm too much of a coward.
>>
>>312024
Largely this, but I don't think he even carried hatred by the time he put together the A.'.A.'. curriculum, given that The Bible's pretty damn important in it. He was over that shit before he completed his studies at Cambridge and had become an effective atheist between 1901-1904-06. It wasn't until and incident in China that he reconsidered working occult material again.
>>
>>312059
>I would like to be a genuinely edgy evil satanist, but I'm too much of a coward.

I tried Satanism and it didn't work for me as a spiritual system.
While it has its merits, it's just "meh".

LaVeyan Satanism is a different thing: it's basically atheism with an edge.

Also there are the spiritual Satanists, but most of them are just mixing good ol' Satanism with boring New Age stuff.

That's it.
Nothing special.
>>
File: hergv.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hergv.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>311996
evrytiem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1AEvN8VZs
>>
I can only think of some serial killers that thought themselves as evil.
>>
“I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
― Genghis Khan

I guess he doesn't use the word evil but there you go
>>
>>312730

Attila the Hun had the exact same philosophy.
>>
>>311884
I don't think anyone is ''evil for the sake of being evil'' in real life.
Even the biggest dicks in history still felt like they were doing the ''right thing''.
>>
>>313027

You're probably right.

But that's not the question.

I aksed these questions:
>Has anyone ever honestly called him/herself evil?
>Are there any historical figures who thought they're evil?
>>
>>311933
the prince is an ironic guide to ruling.
he wrote it to criticise leading families in italy.

Imagine if someone released a cynics guide to politics today, or a how to on social engineering, it would function the same..
>>
There are a few cereal killers who on some level realized how fucked up they were.

Maybe they're "just saying it", but who knows.
>>
File: Shenyi_1.jpg (78 KB, 403x680) Image search: [Google]
Shenyi_1.jpg
78 KB, 403x680
Not evil, but Chinese bandit-turned-peasant rebel leader Zhang Xianzhong was an apologetically cruel guy.

A popular account of his life has it that he erected in Chengdu a stele, which came to be known as the Seven Kill Stele (七殺碑), with the following inscription:[23][24][25]

天生萬物以養人
人無一善以報天
殺殺殺殺殺殺殺
Heaven brings forth innumerable things to nurture man.
Man has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven.
Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.
>>
>>314381
Fuck. Meant to type unapologetically.
>>
Sade.

>>314353
It agrees with Discourses, though. Machiavelli objects to dictatorship, but he advocates the same things.
>>
File: Khorne-4.jpg (345 KB, 835x1200) Image search: [Google]
Khorne-4.jpg
345 KB, 835x1200
>>314381

This.

Although we know little about the guy and it may just be propoganda written by his enemies, if even 1% of what we know about Zhang is true then he was one of the few times in history that a ruler was legitemately "Blood for the blood god" levels of crazy.
A true servant of Khorne.
>>
>>314381
>>314552
MOMS GONNA FREAK
>>
>>311937
So did he consider that satan, 666, etc. were good?
>>
>>314381
>殺殺殺殺殺殺殺
Is he the original edgemaster?
>>
>>315164
>As time went on, Satan was integrated into his system but simply as another entity, there, but not to be adored or reviled.
666 was a Kabbalistic solar reference.
"The Beast" was a via Rev. filtered through both his own and Dee/Kelley's experience of Enochian.
>>
>>314641
IM SO CORRUPT
>>
>>315311
SOMEBODY CALL A CHAPLAIN

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL BLOOD
>>
>>314381

Never heard of him, but I like Chinese and Japanese history.

Has he lived like that poem?
>>
File: Mark_of_Tzeentch.jpg (38 KB, 338x333) Image search: [Google]
Mark_of_Tzeentch.jpg
38 KB, 338x333
>>314552
>implying it's not Tzeentch who always pulls the strings

Hehh.
>>
>>312730
>>312948
But that doesn't recognize personal evil. That's more like the claim to be a force of nature or god, an instrument of divine justice and not entirely human at all by that point.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.