[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you can't name at least 5 of the people in this picture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: World_heads_of_state_in_1889.jpg (230 KB, 1280x670) Image search: [Google]
World_heads_of_state_in_1889.jpg
230 KB, 1280x670
If you can't name at least 5 of the people in this picture you need to leave /his/
>>
Fuck me.

I see Austria's emperor and I forget his name... Queen Victoria. Wilhelm I. Is the gook Meiji? The chink next to him must be the Chinese emperor but I have no idea what his name is either. The guy who looks like Tsar Nicholas probably isn't him but he looks like a Ruskie so he's probably whoever the Russian Tsar was in 1889. Black dude is probably Menelik II or Yohannes IV.

I'm not really up to snuff on my heads of state.
>>
What was the occasion? Who died?
>>
I think I see Pedro II and what seems to be a Rinpoche.
>>
>>311435
Queen Victoria
Wilhelm I
Alexander III
Franz Joseph I
Leopold II.
>>
From left to right: Yohannes IV of Ethiopia of Ethiopia, Tewfik Pasha of Egypt, Sultan Abdülhamit II of Turkey, Naser al-Din Shah Qajar of Persia, Christian IX of Denmark, Luís I of Portugal, William III of the Netherlands, Pedro II of Brazil, Milan Obrenović IV of Serbia, Leopold II of Belgium, Alexander III of Russia, Wilhelm I, German Emperor, Franz Joseph I of Austria, Victoria of the United Kingdom, Jules Grévy of France, Pope Leo XIII, Emperor Meiji of Japan, Guangxu Emperor of China, Umberto I of Italy, Alfonso XII of Spain, Oscar II of Sweden and Chester A. Arthur of the United States.

can I stay?
>>
>>311435
I'm here for philosophy :^)
>>
File: o-SCULPTURE-570.jpg (147 KB, 570x779) Image search: [Google]
o-SCULPTURE-570.jpg
147 KB, 570x779
>caring about modern history
>>
>>311435
>Victoria
>Meiji Emperor
>Pius IX or Leo XIII
>Wilhelm I
>Alexander III
>Franz Joseph I
>Leopold II
>Pedro II of HUEHUEHUEHUEHUELAND
>Yohannes IV
>Tewfik Pasha
>Abdülhamit II
>Shah Qajar of Persia
>Christian IX
>Luis I
>Whillem III
>Milan Obrenovic IV
>Jules Grévy
>Guangxu Emperor
>Umberto I
>Alfonso XII
>Oscar II
>Chester A.Arthur
>>
>>311487

I don't think they were actually all gathered, if it was actually made in 1889. It looks like some Victorian era photoshop.
Unless they dug Wilhelm I up and propped him up there.
>>
>>311531

You google like a real historian.
>>
>>311579
Yeah this is an old "photomontage", by a a pretty talented photographer.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.