[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm continental'd the fuck out. What are some of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image002.jpg (21 KB, 553x231) Image search: [Google]
image002.jpg
21 KB, 553x231
I'm continental'd the fuck out. What are some of the most fascinating arguments and concepts in analytical philosophy?
>>
Babby's first Empiricism course has the Raven Paradox, which is kind of neat.
>>
>what are some topics I can wiki so I can pretend to understand this titanic tradition
>>
>>308845
I want to be educated with a healthy helping of epic bantz and dank memes, so sue me
>>
>>308845
Heh, logical positivism did sink like the Titanic.
>>
File: ADLHDVNHBCHTSBRG.gif (5 KB, 100x128) Image search: [Google]
ADLHDVNHBCHTSBRG.gif
5 KB, 100x128
>>308826
>I'm continental'd the fuck out.

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

>[CONTINENTAL PHILOSOPHY]
>analytical philosophy

JUST THE FACT THAT YOU REGARD THE SPURIOUS DISTINCTION OF "CONTINENTAL/ANALYTICAL" AS VALID SUFFICES TO CONSIDER YOU A MORON.
>>
>>308854
wait for Scott Soames' 5 volume history of the analytic tradition, the first volume is out so far, and he also has a two volume "shortened" version he would teach to advanced undergrads, presumes little knowledge of the texts but is extremely thorough and pampers nowhere
>>
>islander Hume is btfo by based Kant
>every next islander philosopher is butthurt
>muh I can't understand this sheatt, it must be just pretencious
>adjusts bowtie
>sip tea
>from now on, I will work on real and practical philosophy
>LOGIC
>russel's lifes work gets BTFO by Gödel
>quits logic because of Wittgenstein
>what if none of it had no meaning all along?

There I summed up analytic philosophy for you
>>
>>308909
pretty sad that this is partially true, a considerable number of early analytic philosophers had no background in the history of philosophy whatsoever and thus quite hilariously had most of their theories retroactively destroyed in the 1780s
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us3Ke1tF9dU
>>
Analytic philosophy is just a meme.
>>
>>308845
Please go into your room. Once you are inside your room, find something that could kill a person. Once you have found something suitable, proceed to kill yourself with it. That may prevent you from furthur projection and inane shitposting.
>>
>>308889
The fact that you regard the spurious distinction of 'low functiong' and 'high functioning' autism as valid is a sufficient reason to consider you an helpless sperg.

Get a sense of humour you basement fascist.
>>
File: laughing face with tears.jpg (14 KB, 236x206) Image search: [Google]
laughing face with tears.jpg
14 KB, 236x206
>>309164
>an helpless
>>
>>309182
Know who I know you've never read a book?
>>
>>309187

No, I don't, please, tell me.
>>
>>308929
But Hitler! Kant and Spinoza are just as autistic with their approach to philosophy as any analytic!
>>
>>309195
You haven't come across 'an h'.
>>
>>309239
>an helpless

>>
>>309239
>>309250
it's obviously pronounced an 'elpless, did the teaching lady not tell you this?
>>
I'm a sucker for Chalmers. Say what you want about naturalistic dualism, but dude kinda owned face, and influenced even folks who openly disagreed with him in the literature. He's part of the reason scientists can actually openly study consciousness, without being laughed out of the field these days. If only for playing an educated antagonist.
>>
>>308929
top kek
>>
>>309319
About time an actual academic appeared. although, to be fair, while he does a fine job of reminding everyone of the hard problem, he has no answers. Which is no one's fault.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.