[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While the field of fashion in itself is a social construct, dependant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 24
File: 1447506599323.jpg (216 KB, 590x885) Image search: [Google]
1447506599323.jpg
216 KB, 590x885
While the field of fashion in itself is a social construct, dependant on the changes that occur societies, why aren't we undergoing a sudden surge of new ideas when we're at the eve of a war? There's nothing truly innovative in today's fashion and we are simply recycling ideas that were already there and the clothing which truly is innovative is not as accessible to the general populace or the bourgeois classes as it was post-WW2.
>>
>>305388
We're not on the eve of war?
>>
File: 1386760260983.jpg (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1386760260983.jpg
32 KB, 250x250
>>305388
>when we're at the eve of a war?
>>
>>305411
>>305414
>ISIS bombing the West
>Russia and Turkey (with NATO covering their back) recalling their respective ambassadors and leading to tensions similar to those in WW2
>durr hurr we're at not at war

Holy fuck, how delusional can you be?
>>
>>305433
Fuck off happenfag
>>
>>305445
Not that anon, but he is being realistic by saying we are at war. If you don't want to open your eyes to this new reality, fine, suit yourself but these cunts are threatening our very own culture and are achieving what they want: divide society in two in the West.
>>
>>305433
It won't happen. You really think modern nations will go to war anymore? There will always be war but large scale national warfare is dead between nuclear nations.
>>
>>305528
You are reacting exactly how they want

ISIS is just a nuisance, not an existential threat
>>
>>305433
Please define "at war"
>>
File: IMG_9171.jpg (180 KB, 1155x1732) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9171.jpg
180 KB, 1155x1732
Im sorry. Have you not seen the crazy fashion we come up with nowadays
>>
>>305564
why does it matter what they want
>>
>>305590
Because you are playing to their cards. If you do what your opponent wants you to do, you will lose

The only thing that scares me about daesh is overreaction. It's much more likely that I or someone I know dies after getting stuck by a lightning than from a terrorist attack
>>
>>305582
That's not crazy fashion in the slightest; they're just mixing a grunge-inspired shirt from the 90s, opening the sides of the shirt and skinny pants have been fashionable at various stages of modern history. So what he's wearing is hardly original anymore.
>>
File: JeF3XcN.jpg (136 KB, 716x716) Image search: [Google]
JeF3XcN.jpg
136 KB, 716x716
>no revolutionary fashion

That's because you never leave your house, neckbeard faggot.
>>
File: 1447713037317.jpg (33 KB, 500x551) Image search: [Google]
1447713037317.jpg
33 KB, 500x551
postin' in a meme thread
>>
>>305605
Sikhs are bro tier
>>
What's unique about this war is the utter shitloads of disinformation.

BTW, the Syrian conflict is almost finishing and the Russian/Turkish thing isn't that serious, Turkey is realising that NATO won't back them because it's possible the jets weren't even in Turkish airspace, or were for under a few seconds.
>>
>>305388
There's plenty of innovation in fashion. Literally spend 15 mins in r/malefashion or lookbook and you'll see how different people dress from your pic.
>>
File: Keffiyeh.jpg (54 KB, 396x486) Image search: [Google]
Keffiyeh.jpg
54 KB, 396x486
>>305388
>While the field of fashion in itself is a social construct, dependant on the changes that occur societies, why aren't we undergoing a sudden surge of new ideas when we're at the eve of a war?
1) Eve of what war?
2) The only changes in American fashion brought about by its shit wars in the Middle East are fags and hipsters wearing semitic scarves.
>>
>>305618
>reddit
>lookbooks

Hardly any of the things there can be called innovative. They're simply recycling and adapting ideas to reflect our society. Nothing more. The innovative fashion ideas are out of reach for the average consumer and the profileration of big budget brands doesn't help either when creating a distinctive fashion code.
>>
>>305637
>The innovative fashion ideas are out of reach for the average consumer
What is "fashion since for fucking forever" for 900, Alex?

Did you think the use of Tyrian Purple was affordable by the average Ancient consumer?
>>
File: 1420651369721.jpg (814 KB, 1219x1908) Image search: [Google]
1420651369721.jpg
814 KB, 1219x1908
Already a better fashion thread than what /fa/ comes up with half the time.

>>305605
I bet he sells some high level gear.
>>
>>305388
What you can see in your pic is relatively new. Young men hardly dressed like this in the 80s.
>>
>>305433
Nothing is going to happen, mate. Wars between large nations are almost impossible nowadays.
>>
>>305590
what matters is their plan
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 490x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 490x735
>>305388
I've started working out and wearing tactical clothing. But I'm a faggot, right guys?
I believe there are some changes that are happening to clothing seeing how militarized the police has become for one.
Pic related.
>>
>>306409
I think this is a legit point to bring up. Even mainstream off-the-rack street fashion has been going in a more military-inspired direction, specifically the tacticool look. Add to that things like slang, with people referring to their group of friends as a 'squad', and you've got a solid theory on your hands.
>>
>>305614
>the Syrian conflict is almost finishing
Are you on drugs?
>>
File: 25.jpg (126 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
126 KB, 700x467
pastoral-core gonna be huge, bros
>>
>>305433
Please feel free to shut up about international politics any day as long as you haven't studied political science.
>>
>>305614
>the Syrian conflict is almost finishing

What makes you think so? Unless the peshmerga decide to zerg all the major ISIS controlled cities, the west leaves Al-Assad in charge and Al-Assad regime magically leaves kurds alone and the billion armed groups decide to lay down arms it isn't happening. Plus there is still the fact that the sunni and shiite in Iraq are trying to fill the power vacuum that the baathists left and it's pretty damn messy.
>>
>>306472
>>308453
ISIS are going to run out of money very soon.
>>
>>305598
>daesh

Everything you had to say just went directly to the garbage.

Only - ONLY - terrorist apologists and Marxists use this "new name for ISIS".

Go fuck yourself, you fucking shill.
>>
>>305636
This.
>>
>>308925
No one hates "daesh" more than ISIS. I've heard US military officials use it.
>>
>>306409
He looks like a bona-fide retard dressed him.
>>
>>306519
normal-core is the new business
>>
>>308945
What, like it really "gets their goat", huh? As if they totally dig "ISIS"? Like they say "hey dudes, there's an ISIS hook-up next Saturday, you coming? No, not "Daesh"....OOOOOHHHH, you said the magic word! I'm so fucking raging now!!!! Where's that clock I invented?"

Whoever told you that is lying. It's an effort to distance ISIS from Islam. No more, no less.
>>
>>305388
I want wigs to return t.b.h. Not the gay curled ones, the ones with the ponytail.
>>
>>308977
Also hats. No matter what kind of hat, but an original one if possible. Headdress was a key part of clothing back then and nowadays is for hipsters, swaggers and minorities.
>>
>>308973
Holy shit!!! That's my old band!!!!! We were called "Shaman Rain". Where the fuck did you find that? Are you from Columbus, Ohio?
>>
>>308977
Hipsters wear wigs to make man-buns. I'm totally serious.
>>
>>308984
>Shaman Rain

dumb name desu I like the shaman thing but shaman rain sounds silly
>>
File: disgusted old meme man.jpg (219 KB, 1908x1073) Image search: [Google]
disgusted old meme man.jpg
219 KB, 1908x1073
>>308988
>ask for something
>life gives it to you, but it's actually an horrible twisted version of what you asked

Every fucking time.
>>
>>309000
>God, I want to be able to support my family
>support them by carrying the coffin at the funeral
;_;
>>
>>308975
daesh loves being called Islamic State because it implies they are rightful Caliphate and state for Muslims all over the world

You are pissed off because you too love this association because in your diseased /pol/ack head war between cultures would be an excellent thing

Calling them daesh insults them and pisses retards like you off, so I will continue to do so
>>
>>305547

>Nations and peoples have gone to war since all of history
>"We can't go to war! It couldn't happen to us in our superior progressive global society!"
>t. /his/

I though this board was supposed to be intelligent.
>>
File: reality.jpg (94 KB, 586x796) Image search: [Google]
reality.jpg
94 KB, 586x796
>>306447
>tfw no squad
>tfw army-of-one
>>
>>308992
It was '91. Cut me some slack.
>>
>>309133
Whatever, Mohammed. We're wise to your taqiyyah tricks.

>/pol/
You couldn't be more wrong, shitdick.
>>
>>309007
Kek
>>
>>305388
During wars the state create military uniforms which often have unique fits and shapes. These uniforms (or clothes inspired from them) later become trendy when people start thinking ex-military dudes are cool.

It's that simple, bomber jackets and cargo pants being a prime example. And yes - I know cargo pants weren't exclusive military gear, but I would like to believe uncle sam popularised it.
>>
Men's fashion hasn't changed substantially for over 200 years.
>>
>>306447
Hmmm... First I thought the anon was pulling bullshit at first, but you've got a point actually. Although I wouldn't really call that a legit reason, I just think it's because people think the military is badass. Not because of the police becoming more violent. Also the picture the anon you replied to is clothing that is expensive as hell. Not saying that doesn't work as tacticool gear, I'm just saying if people really cared about being said tacticool with functioning gear, they wouldn't buy it at Prada.
>>
>>309428
What is this picture meant to tell us?
>>
File: Hanfu_movement.jpg (87 KB, 600x288) Image search: [Google]
Hanfu_movement.jpg
87 KB, 600x288
I kinda hope this catches on in China.
>>
ITT: people who know nothing about fashion or politics
>>
>>310039
>Taqiyah

He's not a Shia m8
>>
>>308975
>It's an effort to distance ISIS from Islam
that's ironic
because Daesh is the acronym for their organization in arabic. they hate it because it sounds like a disparaging term in the Koran
>>
>>309418
>superior progressive global society
Mutually Assured Destruction sure is progressive
>>
>>308984
So Varg Vikernes was in your band?
>>
>>310096
It would definitely be kind of cool. But I think there should be a more updated version. The fact they run so low to the ground alone could be addressed. Why waste good silk like that? We don't all live in the imperial palace and ride palanquins everywhere.
>>
>>310075
That the total surrender of street traffic to the automobile has turned what was once prized common space shared by all elements of society into a daily mortal danger without any social aspect.
>>
>>305637
That's kinda what culture is.
>>
>>310096
Sort of already is. There's a trend for Chinese to wear hanfu in weddings.
>>
>>309418
Yep you just proved this board is full of dumb faggots who can't read.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>308925

You're an indiot. "Daesh" is the derogatory term for the "Islamic State" (how they like to call themselves).
>>
>>306409
You know, down here in the ghetto of latin america I keep hearing people say that. "Muh militarized police" "Muh opression" "Muh viable security alternatives" but I dom't see any of these faggots complaining about the thugs armed with rocket launchers and rifles that would make a /k/ommando blush walking around in broad daylight.
>>
>>305547
ie:some guy in 1910
>>
>>309133
>n-not all muslims guys
>"moderates" move to the middle east and become sandniggers waving guns to the sky and shit talking the US
Proud of knowing these people, totally not a islamic thing.
>>
>>306409
>>306447
this looks cyberpunk as fuck tbqh
>>
>>306447
next thing you know well have people mimicking the fascist squadristi sleeper cells launching a counterrevolution out of nowhere
>>
>>310039
you have your head so far up your ass you don't want to admit your wrong about a little word. rofl your pathetic
>>
File: Landsknechte.jpg (287 KB, 1343x728) Image search: [Google]
Landsknechte.jpg
287 KB, 1343x728
>>305388
>Fashion thread
>Nobody posting their favorite FABULOUS historical fashion
>>
>>305388
Were going through a technological revolution rn. The next step will be bio implants.
>>
>>305433
>le WAR is gonna happen ;OO!
Hello reddit
>>
>>308975
There is nothing more "Islamic" than saying "Islamic State of Iran and Levant" in fucking Arabic. Do you get mad when people say "Allah Ackbar" instead of "God is great"? The joke is that the word sounds even more retarded than you do because acronyms aren't widely used in the Middle East, so hearing this acronym in Arabic sounds weird and made up. Daesh consider themselves this big bad "Islamic State" and then you have people calling them this funny sounding made up word (made up as in its not a real word, it's an acronym) which gets their panties in a twist. So the only people who get mad at this term are terrorists who want the feel of legitimacy that being called "The Islamic State" gets and retards like you.
>>
>>310957
They had nukes in 1910?
>>
>>305388
Maybe modernism is making people hearken back to the past? Fuck if I know. But I think it's cool how a lot of fashion is born from military stuff. Peacoats are naval officer coats for example. Even your pic of a trench coat is an item popularized by wwi.
>>
>>310039
>falling back on the "everything you say is a lie anyways, Mr [insert ad hominem]"
>Also I totally don't belong to that one board where my fringe views would totally fit in

/pol/acks are a walking self-parody sometimes.
>>
File: 132626644.jpg (146 KB, 727x700) Image search: [Google]
132626644.jpg
146 KB, 727x700
>>306409
>>306447
Interesting theory. I've been observing something similar, pic related is what people began to wear some time ago.
I can't really wrap my head around that, because some are lefty as fuck, but who cares.
>>
>>309000
>an horrible
It's "a" unless the h is silent. This h is not silent.
>>
>>313008
What country are you in? I see German flags on that kind of jacket here in the US, but I'm curious if it happens in Germany.
>>
>>313328
not uploader of the pic but german, I see a lot of military style jackets around here but very rarely people wearing actual surplus.
>>
>>313351
Not surplus here either, but people put German flag patches on them.
>>
File: alpenflage_2.jpg (86 KB, 803x519) Image search: [Google]
alpenflage_2.jpg
86 KB, 803x519
>>313328
Flecktarn is a dirt cheap surplus camo that looks kinda cool so people pick it up for fashion. I got my flecktarn shirt for 10 bucks.

I've also seen alpenflage (Swiss army) at Urban Outfitters. I think Chinese companies that sell to them buy up surplus, cut it up and rebrand it for hipster stores.
>>
>>313351
For some reason German surplus is the cheapest one here

That's why lots of airsoft players sport it in Slovakia
>>
>>313360
yeah thats probably a US thing, I have never seen a normal jacket with a german flag patch
>>
File: 1438303678279.jpg (68 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
1438303678279.jpg
68 KB, 413x600
>>313008
Dat flecktarn doe....
>>
>>305605
Sikh style brah.
>>
File: weebcore.jpg (140 KB, 1012x1024) Image search: [Google]
weebcore.jpg
140 KB, 1012x1024
>There's nothing truly innovative in today's fashion
>>
>>308925
I know where you came from and I would like to say your meme won't catch on.
>>
>>308975
They cut out the tongues of people who call them that.
>>
>>313008
>those legs
WEW LAD
>>
File: dior-homme4.jpg (275 KB, 930x620) Image search: [Google]
dior-homme4.jpg
275 KB, 930x620
>Implying you don't wanna dress like a FutureNazi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deFjCSxztcw
>>
>>308925
I asked an Arab what he thought of ISIS? He said "What?...oh, Daesh!"
>>
File: 1360158250716.jpg (72 KB, 230x238) Image search: [Google]
1360158250716.jpg
72 KB, 230x238
>>308925
>>308975

Getting BTFO and refusing to accept defeat: The Post.
>>
not really, but if you are going to look at traditional menswear you are going to get traditional menswear.
>>
File: thetis.jpg (57 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
thetis.jpg
57 KB, 640x420
I want to dress like this.
>>
>>308925
I want the scum of /pol/ to leave, nobody wants you, you're just the stupid, ignorant assholes that nobody really wants, falling for shit like the red pill, Jewish world conspiracies and the Christian meme.
/pol/ made fun of people like you, sadly now people like you have taken /pol/ over, edgy ex redditors.
>>
>>317337
I'd bet my balls that they didn't dress like this back then, the armor in this movie is flat out wrong too, the historical siege of Troy took place in time where metallurgy was far less advanced.
>>
>>306409

>tfw wear big combat boots in the winter with thick camo pants and underlayers
>mfw I'm militarizing without even knowing it
>>
>>310998

>fashion will never get ridiculous again
>no flamboyant colours and mad hats
>military uniforms will never be swag as fuck again
>>
>>313008

I have a Flecktarn shirt too from when I did airsoft, it's technically a military uniform so I wouldn't just wear it in public, like a fashion thing, seems really disrespectful to the nation/soldiers who have worn it.

But then again what do lefties know about respect.
>>
I wish guys had a better variation of clothing

girls have so many different things to wear and the only shit I can realisitically wear is jeans + tshirt or a suit
>>
>>317955

I know this feel.

>gf is always wearing really nice clothes with great variation and style
>all I can muster up is either jeans + compression top/t-shirt and hoodie
>ask her for advice on how to vary up my wardrobe
>she says she only wears whats comfortable and suitable for the weather

I do that too and they look all the same. Dammit.
>>
>>305658
Is that robin hood
>>
>>317972
Women have a larger fashion market therefore more variation. Female fashion also has more variations in fabric types and use of stitching techniques. I know this because my friend is into textile engineering and chemistry.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.