[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christopher Columbus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MTg4NzM5MDgz.jpg (92 KB, 620x794) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MTg4NzM5MDgz.jpg
92 KB, 620x794
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYTXRDtYzYc

Watching this hurt, I cannot believe we still celebrate a day where Hitler's teacher ignited the flames of so much pain. White people should be more ashamed of the things their race did many, many, many... many years ago. I'm 1/16 Cherokee so I await your apology.
>>
File: APPLE PIE.png (712 KB, 624x696) Image search: [Google]
APPLE PIE.png
712 KB, 624x696
>>303429
>Plus they're Native North Americans
This is deliciously stupid
>>
>>303429
>I'm 1/16 Cherokee so I await your apology.

So you're white like the rest of us, since I happen to 1/16 cherokee as well.

Also CC didn't even make it to mainland North America, nor was he the first European to the new world.

So im not entirely sure why the holiday is celebrated, or why he's blamed for certain genocides he did not do.
>>
You mean the same way African-Americans await an apology from the Cherokee for the slavery they practiced, for their alliance with the Confederacy during the Civil War, and for adding insult to injury by removing from membership the Freedmen ancestors they had adopted in via treaty?
>>
Wait why should i as a British man apologise for some Italian guys actions 550 years ago?
>>
>>303494
African Americans are always waiting for an apology for something, whether it be for their fucked up order at KFC, or becuase their braids fell out.
>>
>>303524
Depends, was he a south Italian or a north Italian?
>>
>>303429
It's not like this has happened in pretty much every part of the world, where a new culture or group of people come in and conquer an area where people have already been living.

First example that comes to mind is the Hungarians and the Avars.
>>
>>303548
Now replace "Christopher Columbus" with "Hungarians" and imagine they were asking Vlachs instead of native Americans.
>>
>>303429
>Native American tribes from North America
>complaining about a dude he only acted within the Caribbean
So Arabs can't have a unity movement, but Native Americans can freely identify with a pan-Native movement?
>>
>>303429
As a 1,5/80 visigothic spaniard, I'm still awaiting an official apology from Morocco, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia and Syria for genociding my ancestors. 711 never forget, #prayforRodrigo,
>>
>Evil
>rapist
>murderer
>"fuck you"
>Hitler

Very intellectual responses from America's model minority.

I would hope that people would be able to see for themselves that casting a one dimensional mold onto a historical person whether it be the public school regurgitation as a daring explorer solely responsible for the 'discovery' of America or as an 'evil' subjugating racist, both are just as flawed. Twisting his life into an effigy you can heap responsibility onto doesn't do anybody a lick of justice.
>>
>>303429
Can Europeans have an apology for the Barbary slaves trades first?
>>
>>303429
Fuck you Natives were weak Europe was strong get over it
>>
I read the wiki but i can't really find out what Columbus did wrong besides some pretty standard late medieval stuff like slavery.

It's not his fucking fault they weren't immune to Euro diseases.
>>
>>303567
Well don't insert the Arab thing man! He's not saying anything about that.

Caribbean thing might check out though, I don't know.
>>
>>303744
To be fair, the Europeans weren't immune to native diseases either. They got their revenge with syphilis.

>Captcha had a street sign named "Colony street"
>>
>>303429
God, it was painful. Seriously, how so much idiocy fits in less than three minutes?

Columbus was an extremely incompetent cartographer, who committed a grotesque error in the transcription of the Earth measures, and that was never convinced of that fact. Was stubborn, opportunist, and probably nutty. He died swearing that reached the Indies, and that his nautical charts, with 3000 miles less in diameter of the Earth, were correct.

He became a joke, and the "Indies" it eventually receive the name of a consultant who visited it at the service of the Portuguese Crown.

But, "evil", "rapist", "murderer"? He never did any of that. He got an expedition to discover a transoceanic route to the Indies. He failed in such proportions that discovered something else. And thanks to that, that part of the Wold reached an unimaginable level of civilization and development.
>>
>>303530
If they fucked up my chicken at KFC I'd demand an apology.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.