[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>zizek then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgR 6uaVqWsQ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (105 KB, 510x348) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
105 KB, 510x348
>zizek then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgR6uaVqWsQ
>"don't just act. think"

>zizek now
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjxAArOkoA0
>"Let ALL the refugees in, what are you waiting for, you inhuman bastards, LET EVERYONE IN! Behead those who insult islam, don't even think about questioning it!"

what happened?
>>
>>302407
He started to write for The Guardian
>>
>>302407
>that beard
>that haircut
>wearing just a t-shirt
>"hur dur all capitalists are willing to beat their workers for profit :D:D"
This isn't a philosopher. This is just a pseudo-intellectual rambling at a camera. Shameful that real modern philosophers like Elliot Hulse get no mention, yet this guy is known throughout the board.
>>
File: 1411928118082.png (1 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1411928118082.png
1 MB, 800x600
>>302448
>Shameful that real modern philosophers like Elliot Hulse get no mention
>>
My uni philosophy professor has no idea who zizek is. I don't know how to interpret that.
>>
File: fadrid.png (145 KB, 353x360) Image search: [Google]
fadrid.png
145 KB, 353x360
>>302448
>Elliot Hulse
W H A T ???
>>
File: 1447920788569.png (120 KB, 800x509) Image search: [Google]
1447920788569.png
120 KB, 800x509
Who is the bigger meme philosopher, Stirner or Zizek?
>>
>>302484
I know right? I bet Zizek doesn't even lift.
>>
File: elliott.jpg (98 KB, 510x768) Image search: [Google]
elliott.jpg
98 KB, 510x768
>>302458
>>302484
>encourages men to stand out from the femenized modern world
>promotes masculinity AND intellect
>refuses to place himself on any economic/political dichotomy
>blends philosophy with physical fitness
>>
>>302587

Elbows freak me the fuck out.
>>
>>302587
>Elliott
>Hulse
>Philosopher

You know what? Yeah, I can dig it. Pretty philosophy-lite, but fuck it if a jacked hobo can be the "father of philosophy" then why not Hulse?

Pretty US-centric though, and his import is more cultural than philosophical.
>>
>>302587
You forgot

>capitalizes on insecure teenage and adult men
>>
>>302407
Diddnt you see his lates video about refugees.
He is nothing more than failed politican and big hypocrite seriously
>>
OP IS A LIAR.. sage this faggot thread
>>
>>302448
Fucking hell. This is my first time on /his/. I gathered that it had been split from /lit/ and philosophy was supposed to be discussed here now. Looks like edgy fucking /pol/tards have infected it though. I'm out.
>>
File: 1434070320817.jpg (140 KB, 462x462) Image search: [Google]
1434070320817.jpg
140 KB, 462x462
>Zizek thread
>tfw he's a head of department at my uni

Whew lads, should I go and try to convince him to shave that fucking beard?
>>
File: 1446008116241.jpg (263 KB, 1091x903) Image search: [Google]
1446008116241.jpg
263 KB, 1091x903
So I guess you missed the part where he said that the immigrants would have to be assimilated into European culture and obey European cultural norms, enforced if necessary?

But that would conflict with the average ebil librul gommie enemy you're pushing so if course you don't mention that
>>
>>305315
Ask him if he actually is a Communist or if he's just trolling.
>>
>>302407
Zizek has long been critized for being very unclear and inconsistent. He's not a philosopher as much as a politician who tries to give his oppinions credence by invoking philosophy and ideology regardless of what those oppinions are.
>>
He was a Marxist then and a Marxist now. The Frankfurt schools goal is to destroy the West. It shouldn't surprise you that he's on board with irresponsible immigration.
>>
>>302407
A SLOVENIAN MENTIONED
WE ARE RELEVANT !!!!!!111!!!111!1!
>>
>>305448
>He's not a philosopher as much as a politician who tries to give his oppinions credence by invoking philosophy and ideology regardless of what those oppinions are.
Anybody who uses metaphysics or antimetaphysical to advance a political agenda is a villain.
>>
>>305315
no, just kill yourself for being at FF

t. druga stran ceste :D:DDDXD
>>
>>302407
He's a real marxist.
He is basically just saying "You ask for this, you get it"
He doesn't actually agree with that shit.
>>
>>305315
I hear he isn't a very good teacher, is it true?
>>
>>305890
zizek has nothing to do with the frankfurt school you stormfag pleb
>>
>>302474
Just sniff, go on wild tangents, ramble about ideologies and yugoslavia

Thats Zizek 101.
>>
>>302503
Nietzsche is the ultimate meme philosopher
>>
What he said in this talk is uncharacteristic for him in general, not sure what was going on.
>>
>>302587
>Fitness culture

>>>/r/getinspired
>>
Žižek is trolling
>>
>>302587
>encourages men to stand out from the femenized modern world
>promotes masculinity AND intellect
>refuses to place himself on any economic/political dichotomy
>blends philosophy with physical fitness
WOAW IT'S JUST LIKE MY FASCIST ANIME
>>
He's actually a great student of Lacan, and a to a lesser extent of Hegel. I like his criticism of Walter Benjamin and the Frankfurt School. His popular philosophy is entertaining and good for getting people interested in philosophy.
UNDERSTANDING him when he's at these conferences is a stupid idea, it's just publicity for him.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.