[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was number two after Hitler in the NS chain of command?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: sw.jpg (69 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
69 KB, 900x720
Who was number two after Hitler in the NS chain of command?
>>
>>302365
It changed over time, and no one person really was "second" in command
>>
>>302365
Goebbels I guess.
>>
Depends on the specific field, it can be one or more of the following:

Himmler
Hess
Bormann
Goebbles
Speer
>>
If I had to choose only one:

>Kampfzeit
Definitely Rohem

>1933 to mid 1930s:
Goebbels

>1936-1939
Goering

>Early war
I would say still Goering

>1940-Barbarossa
Himmler

>1941-1944
Still Himmler

>1944-twilight
Bormann
>>
>>302365

Hermann Goering was the official second-in-command up until just a few days before Hitler's death, after which Goebbels received the honors. On Hitler's death the title of the Führer (leader) was disbanded and Goebbels and Dönitz each received part of the responsibility.
>>
i think goebbels was technically the furhur for a day in the bunker
>>
>>302715
He was basically ousted by Himmler after Bodenplatte.
>>
Rudolph Hess was Deputy Fuhrer, until he flew to Scotland to negotiate peace in 1941. The British arrested him and Hitler abolished the position.

The replacement position was Party Chancellery. Which was filled by Martin Borrman. This position essentially did the same thing as Deputy Fuhrer.

Though it really sort of murky. There really was no clear chain of succession. No way to appoint a new fuhrer from the party. All the "ministry" level positions reported directly to Hitler. Though they might have had to report to someone else, who was reporting directly to Hitler.
>>
File: 1446753501768.jpg (931 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446753501768.jpg
931 KB, 1920x1080
>>302748

He was still the official second-in-command up to the end however. I'm not saying Goering would've succesfully claimed the title if Stauffenberg had been succesfull but in every legal sense, he would have been the next in line.

In reality, at that time, it would most likely have been Himmler who would've gained the power but he would have had to kill Goering for it.
>>
>>302764
Himmler would have probably become Fuehrer or Chancellor after the suicide if it wasn't for his Luebeck shenanigans.
>>
For what its worth, Operation Valkyrie targeted both Hitler and Himmler and saw their execution/arrest as crucial to the success of the coup. Although it partly might be related to intrigues between the army and the SS.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.