[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: 1447859082432.jpg (29 KB, 373x333) Image search: [Google]
1447859082432.jpg
29 KB, 373x333
Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread

Why did Macedonian go from a Hellenic language to a Slavic one?
>>
>>302126
slavic population migrated eventually, squeezed out greeks. Nobody wanted to take that piece of land so they became independent.
>>
Because the current day "Macedonians" are Slavs that settled there later.
>>
>>302126
It didn't.

Macedonia as a region became split between Slavs and Greeks, and the Slavs living there spoke a dialect of Bulgarian which they named Macedonian. Then they started pretending they're real Macedonians and always have been.
>>
>>302157
>Then they started pretending they're real Macedonians and always have been.

WEWUZ
>>
>>302180
SPARTANS NSHIT
>>
Where can I find some books or information in general about the Ikko rebellions?
>>
File: eVwyhQO.jpg (68 KB, 702x826) Image search: [Google]
eVwyhQO.jpg
68 KB, 702x826
I just wanted to post this picture.
>>
Were all people around Stalin also short or he just killed the tall ones?
>>
How did the Celts end up in Anatolia, and what lingering effects did they have there?
>>
File: 1441566344390.jpg (494 KB, 1464x1983) Image search: [Google]
1441566344390.jpg
494 KB, 1464x1983
Is anyone familiar with the meme that apparently existed in the Antebellum US about the South having roots in Saxons while the North having roots in Normans? Would like to have more info about this.

Pic utterly unrelated
>>
File: 1363213308846.jpg (45 KB, 438x434) Image search: [Google]
1363213308846.jpg
45 KB, 438x434
Could it really be that a cataclysmic event wiped out an ancient civilization that built all these megastructures like gobekli tepe etc. as per Graham Handcock or, was it aliums?
>>
File: 2_maps.jpg (98 KB, 800x507) Image search: [Google]
2_maps.jpg
98 KB, 800x507
The region of the ancient Macedonia lies in Greece
>>
File: women.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
women.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Why women are so shit at everything despite having equal rights? Were the ancient cultures discriminating them right?
>>
Do Basques have a history with equal women?
>>
>>302146
>>302147
>>302157
WEWUZ EMPEROR'S AND SHIEEEEEET
>>302758
Don't really have a answer, but I'd just like to ask if you've played Crusader Kings II?
>>
>>302782
>Crusader Kings II

Yeah, that's where I got it from. There's quite a bit of edutainment in that game, so I was wondering.
>>
>>302685
li'le monkehs an' that
>>
>>302786
Haha, yeah, I've been wondering this for a while, too. Only stuff I could find about Basque people is your standard wikipedia stuff and culture pages, and that separatist group in Spain and France. None of them say anything about equal rights for both genders.
>>
>>302806
They were probably the first white people to follow absolute succesion laws or something.
>>
I've seen a lot of resentment in philosophy-based threads towards STEM explaining basic questions such as the "paradox" of mind and body.

Why?
>>
Does anyone know of any literature regarding general theory of relations and interactions between public and private sector?
e.g. theory regarding the moral origin of laws in place around the world or in hypothetical political systems.
Thanks.
>>
>>302126
They never were Hellenic. The actual region of ancient macedon is located in present day Greece. FYROM is just a pseudo nationality, in reality they are Bulgarians
>>
>>302147
Not really, they just got slavicized.
>>
Are there any organizational (not doctrinal) differences between the Orthodox Church and it's "heresies:, such as the monothelites, bogomilists and the miaphysites?
>>
>>302658
Celts have their genes fucking everywhere, it's just their culture that died.
>>
>>302728
I have no hard proof on hand, but I think it's just silly to think that, on average, both genders are the same.
Mentality and physicality HAVE to have certain reinforcements in genders. It's why gender roles exist and have always existed.
>>
Why did Hitler ally with the tojos instead of China
>>
>>304392
Japan was developing the new nationalist imperialism that Hitler and Moosey admired before fascism was even a word (or at least before they took power). Japan left the League of Nations first. China was a subject of colonialism - even if Hitler admired them, and I don't think he did, allying with them makes no sense.
>>
>>304408
a nationalist china is a greater ally than Japan ever could be though

It could create an actual land war between the soviets that was half decent.
>>
File: 1634742341.jpg (269 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1634742341.jpg
269 KB, 900x600
I doubt anyone has the answer to this one but is Finnish ancient-history just gone forever?
I have been taught that the Swedes destroyed most sources/material in the Swedish Crusades but I haven't been able to confirm if this is true or not.
>>
>>304430
>>304392
Nationalist China was horribly inept and had basically no chance of winning the civil war. Even if it had China would be far worse off today, because it could not carry out the mercantilist programs required except on a small scale.
>>
Why are Kurds such traitorous shitheads? It's like the ones that stay in their territories instead of living with Arabs just cannot fathom the idea of living under a non-Kurdish state.
>>
>>302672
Well most southerners came from scotland, ireland, wales or the english countryside being that they were mostly farmers, And the original northerns came from the urban england and european mainland more than anything else. The connection was made and for some reason it became a whole thing where you weren't a true southern gentleman unless you had ancestors on one side of the battle of hastings. And then it just got adopted into southern culture, I mean look at the confederate flag its fucking st. Andrews cross. I think southerners = saxons/celts thing was inevitable at the time with the ethnic groups that made up the population but the northerners being normans was probably just a way to create a ancient boogyman that predated the southern struggle even though most northerners came from mainland europe at that time.
>>
File: on my way to steal ya ho.jpg (265 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
on my way to steal ya ho.jpg
265 KB, 620x387
How did Napoleon keep control over all of his conquered territories?
>>
>>304500
>Why are Kurds such traitorous shitheads?
They've been nomadic mercenaries since they're origin.
>>
>>304500
Probably because any group who's ruled over them in the past century has wanted to wipe them off the face of the planet.
>>
>>304579
Except, you know, the various empires that hired them as soldiers.
>>
Do Aliens real?
>>
File: are_u_a_ufo.jpg (16 KB, 286x212) Image search: [Google]
are_u_a_ufo.jpg
16 KB, 286x212
>>305134
>>
Why do people think Finland is scandi?
>>
>>305151
because it's right there next to them and to many people the definition of scandinavia is 'up there in the weird penis peninsula where there's snow'
>>
Good sites for historical photos?

Preferably of the Anglosphere.

I know of flickr, etc, but any others?
>>
>>305151

Cause, geographically speaking, is more Scandinavian than Denmark.
>The Scandinavian Peninsula (Finnish: Skandinavian Niemimaa; Norwegian Bokmål: Skandinaviske Halvoy; Norwegian Nynorsk: Skandinaviske Halvoya; Swedish: Skandinaviska Halvön) is a peninsula in Northern Europe, which today covers Norway, Sweden and most of northern Finland.
>>
why did people in south of usa develop such a unique speaking style, that drawl? They are descendants of germans, scots etc (except cajun and creols) so why did they start talking so weird in comparison to their northern compatriots?
>>
>>302758
>>302786
>>302806
>>302816

Well, during sometime there were people advocating for the existence of a "Basque Matriarchy".
It did not exist.
Some historians (Barbero and Vigil), did argue about the Matrilineal sucession in the Northern Iberia, but most of their ideas had been rejected.
That being said, women in Spain had their fair share on rights, to begin with, the Visigothic Law is way more women friendly than the Salic one, and well, they were the "Daughters of the Reconquista" after all.
I supose that you aretalking about the "absolute cognatic" and well, yes, women did inherit in most of Spain just as the brothers did. Originally, they have the same rights to the immovables, but as in other countries that changed to benefit first to males and finally the firstborn male.
The idea of not breaking the inheritance to keep the property united and strong also developped in the Basque farms, but, while the firstborn males were prefered, the fathers could let the heirloom to whoever they wanted, and they did chose they daughters if that meant that the Farm, the "Baserri" could survive better in that way (for example, if there are great mortmages over the land and only the rich husband of the daughter can fix it).
>>
Actual Macedonian here, let me try and explain.

First things first: we have absolutely nothing to do with the Ancient Macedonians, that's just a lie that's been made up by a quasi-nationalist government a couple of decades ago after Yugoslavia fell apart.

We were ethnically Bulgarians, with some Serbian blood mixed in. A separate Macedinian iddntity didn't exist until the late 1800s when the Ottoman Empire was dying out. The Bulgarian people who lived in my country and parts of the Greek region of Macedonia were aptly named Macedonians, but they were still ultimately Bulgarians. You know, like how you have Bavarians and Germans, l guess?

So those people, the Bulgarian Macedonians fought for independence on their own, without support from other Bulgarians, but still wanted to be part of Bulgaria, but as some kind of autonomous political entity. They failed again and again.

So following the Balkan Wars, with both Serbs and Bulgarians vying for control of the territory that my modern country possesses, our national identity got even more fucked up. Some people thought we're Serbs, others said we're Bulgarians. And ultimately, it was Serbia (technically as Yugoslavia) who won - Tito gave us our country within federal Yugoslavia.

Following its disintegration, some idiots thought it might be a good idea to rip off Ancient Macedon, starting with the flag we originally had, the Sun of Vergina. Then it spiraled out of proportion due to the fact that our whole political system is broken. The ruling government has been in power since 2006 and their main populist appeal is not giving up on the nonsensical relationship with Ancient Macedonians, and they've managed to brainwash a fairly large part of the population.

Macedonians were never Slavicized. Modern Macedonia shares nothing with the the Ancients except for a tiny strip of land in the south of my country thst was apparently part of Alexander's kingdom.

>>302146
>>302157
No.

>>302724
>>303056
These guys get it.
>>
Is Confucianism a religion? I get that it's mostly laws and lessons but I'm not sure if it's a religion per se.
>>
>>305458
Makes sense, now can you explain why your capital looks like an amusement park? Your leaders are trying to identify you with ancient Macedonians I get that, but a fucking sphinx?
>>
>>305527
>Sphinx

W-what? Don't give them any ideas.

Skopje 2014 was mainly a money-launfering project, to be honest. The main goal was to replace the ugly looking brutalist architecture with something else. I kinda like the neo-Baroque shtick, to be honest, but l agree that it's incredibly tacky.

Asian tourists love it though.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.