[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At one point Adam and Eve were the only humans on earth. So why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 15
File: Adam-Eve-2014.jpg (22 KB, 246x300) Image search: [Google]
Adam-Eve-2014.jpg
22 KB, 246x300
At one point Adam and Eve were the only humans on earth. So why is everyone on earth not a Jew?

Where did all the other peoples with which the chosen people fought come from?
>>
>>296655
>that pic

If Adam and Eve ever existed they were like those San people
>>
>>296655
Because the jews start with Abraham, not Adam and Eve.
>>
A L L E G O R Y
L
L
E
G
O
R
Y
>>
If you read the bible you'll see that the Jews were God's chosen people. God created the Jews separately from the rest of mankind to test them, and has wrought plagues, genocide, wars, and untold misery upon them to test their faith.
>>
>>296684
BULLSHIT
U
L
L
S
H
I
T
>>
god is just a descriptive quality so obviously adam and eve were just probably the most "handsome" of the tribe and had lots of sex with people listening and or probably watching or taking turns honestly
>>
>>296655
There were more tribes of jews than those cheeky israelites
>>
>>296655
Is there really a definitive Adam and Eve? I always assumed there'd be some fucked up hybrid homo sapiens to fuck something that's lower on the evolutionary scale until eventually getting the modern human. So either Adam or Eve had to be something less than homo sapiens
>>
>>296655

The division came after the Flood
>>
>>296685
So there were other people on Earth when Adam and Eve were created?
>>
>>296655
Because Adam and Eve weren't Jews. The concept of Jews didn't exist at the time. The earliest "Jews" were Hebrews, who descend from Abraham, and plenty of other humans already existed at the time.
>>
>>296706
I honestly couldn't tell you because if there were, they didn't write that shit down.
>>
>>296713
So Abraham was the first Jew? I thought the snackbars claim him to (Ibrahim)
>>
>>296732
>So Abraham was the first Jew?
"Jews" didn't exist at the time, but yes, you could say that.

>I thought the snackbars claim him to (Ibrahim)
That's because Muslims claim that Islam is the original religion, that started with Adam and Eve, and that Judaism and Christianity are just bastardization of this original religion.
>>
>>296666
>literally satan
>>
>>296655
Adam was not a jew, jews are descendants of abraham, other nations are descendants of other patriarchs.
>>
>>296706

You get that implication in the Bible, yes. Consider Cain's actions post murdering Abel. He's simultaneously worried about being punished by other people for his crime (from what? the all of 2-5 other people on the planet?) and then runs off to build a city.
>>
Jacob, later Israel, is the first Jew.
>>
>>296741
More interested in the racial aspect, though. Mooslims and Jews dont look anything the same, how could they come from the same guy? Also, what were Mooslims before they started Snackbarring in the 600s?
>>
>>296706
>>296755
No. Adam and Eve fucked and multiplied and their descendants did the same until there were thousands of people, but then they all died in the flood except for Noe.
>>
>>296697
No there isn't.
>>
>>296761
Arabs and Jews are both Semetic peoples. Also I'm sure Jews are a lot more dark skinned back in ancients, before people like the Khazars and such converted to Judaism.
>>
If God created Adam, and then God took one of Adam's ribs and made Eve, wouldn't they both be the same race?

If that's true, and everybody is descended from Adam and Eve, wouldn't that mean everybody should be one race (white, black, etc)?
>>
>>296761
>Mooslims and Jews dont look anything the same, how could they come from the same guy?
You mean from Abraham? Muslims don't come from him.

>Also, what were Mooslims before they started Snackbarring in the 600s?
Arabs had various religions, mostly early arabian polytheistic cults and Christianity. Then Mohammed came and invaded the entire peninsula.
>>
>>296779
Ever heard of evolution? The same people in different environments will end up looking different over a long enough period.
>>
>>296784
yeah but evolution takes place over hundreds of thousands of years

how can that be true if adam and eve lived only 6,000 years ago
>>
>>296781
>You mean from Abraham? Muslims don't come from him.
He means the Arabs, and yes they did, in the Bible they are descended from Ishmael.
>>
>>296781
>Mohammed invaded the entire peninsula
Islam is a religion of peace. Mohammed didnt represent Islam anymore than ISIS does today, or the Crusaders for that matter
>>
>biblizism
>>
>So why is everyone on earth not a Jew?
Because Jews are the descendants of Judah and not all descendants of Adam you fucking retard.
>>
>>296741
Descendant of Eber (and Abraham): Hebrew
Descendant of Jacob/Israel: Israelite
Descendant of Judah: Jew

I fucking cringe when retards assume these terms are interchangeable.
>>
As an atheist, it's very interesting to observe a conversation on religion. This is new territory for me.
>>
>>296801
>tfw twelve apostles for twelve tribes
>tfw Judas is Greek for Judah
>>
>>296814
Well yeah people were still named after their forefathers, this isn't exactly new. There's two Josephs in the Bible as well.
>>
>>296810
Absolutely fedorable
>>
>>296767

There's no indication that they had kids between Abel and Seth. The formation of "And the man knew his wife again" implies a separation.
>>
>>296823
Atheists have a very fedora-wearing reputation, but many of us are just normal guys who ended up not believing in a god. I aint a fedorafag.
>>
>>296828
>not believing in God
Then you are agnostic. Atheists actively believe there is not God, thus thinking they can prove a negative and defy all logic
>>
>>296836
I just don't see a reason to believe in god. I'm not saying it's not true, that's an arrogant assumption. I just don't see any reason to believe in a higher power without any evidence.
>>
>>296836

Thats like your opinion man.
>>
>>296860
You're alive and aware, no? Try to come up with a better explanation as to why.
>>
>>296870
I was born, that's why
>>
File: 1386317182864.jpg (85 KB, 640x683) Image search: [Google]
1386317182864.jpg
85 KB, 640x683
>>296870
>You're alive and aware, no? Try to come up with a better explanation as to why.
Evolution. Also, just because we don't have the answer to something doesn't mean it's logical to say "must have been some unseen all powerful divine thing"
>>
File: 1344736230451.jpg (27 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
1344736230451.jpg
27 KB, 407x286
>>296836
>Atheists actively believe there is no God
No.
>>
>>296886
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disbelief
We're obviously not talking about the feeling here
>>
>>296882
Evolution is a means to you being the way you are. It is not a purpose. Name a purpose to existence other than to serve a higher power.

The entirity of nature is built upon the idea of serving a higher power. The bug exists to feed the bird to feed the human. Are you so concieted to believe the chain of existence stops at human being?
>>
>>296912
There is no god, shut the fuck up
>>
>>296911
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/atheist

>A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods
>or lacks belief

We can argue over which dictionary's got it right but the overwhelming majority of atheists don't think they know for certain that god doesn't exist. That sort of person is very rare. And Agnosticism isn't quite correct either since that posits that you can't know at all.
>>
>>296918
2edgy4me
>>
>>296826
If it's specifically stated that all humans are descendants of Adam and Eve then what's the point of this conversation?
>>
>>296938
God created White Adam and Eve, Asian Adam and Eve, Black Adam and Eve, and Hebrew Adam and Steve.
>>
>>296925
That's one definition of agnostic, but the other definition included in all dictionaries is simply someone who isn't sure one way or the other.
>>
>>296912
Food chain doesn't always work in oneway route
How the fuck does a God eat a human?
>>
>>296938
Where did everyone else in the Old Testament come from?

Are the Jews really black, since they are the only people without Neaderthal DNA? That would imply that one of Adam and Eve's desendence banged a monkey, creating the rest of us
>>
>>296912
It's you who thinks that the universe was created just for humanity, and that it's ultimate purpose is for us to make moral judgements. A naturalist thinks humanity is here for no special purpose and the universe simply doesn't care about our behavior.

How exactly is the naturalist view conceited?
>>
>>296963
The point, I believe, was that everything on Earth serves a higher purpose (not just foodchain) except (according to atheists) humans
>>
>>296912
Human dies and replenishes the earth.
Checkmate God.
>>
>>296975
Not the universe, just Earth. Earth could be some energy ball that needs a bunch of positive feels to make something elsewhere on the universe click
>>
>>296912
>The entirity of nature is built upon the idea of serving a higher power. The bug exists to feed the bird to feed the human.
No it fucking doesn't. None of those things exist to do fucking anything. They exist because different organisms have evolved to fulfill unexploited niches in their habitats, allowing them to proliferate.

>Are you so concieted to believe the chain of existence stops at human being?
No, you're the one who is conceited enough to believe that we are at the top and the entirety of the earth is our inherent property.
>>
>>296784
>Invokes evolution to answer question about Adam and Eve's decendants

Kek
>>
>>296954
Nope, the bible lists all of Adams descendants. Or was it just Noahs descendants? Either way everyone dies and only Noah survives the flood so all humans descend from Noah, not any black or asian or ethnofluid transracial adam and eves.
>>
>>296961
Alternate definitions for atheism also include lack of belief. We could have this debate all day but for future reference, when someone says they're an atheist it's a safe bet they mean "lack of belief".
>>
>>296990
>They exist because different organisms have evolved to fulfill unexploited niches in their habitats, allowing them to proliferate.
That's not the law of general nature. Only of life. The idea that life itself could evolve into existence seems nonsensical, since nature apart from life doesn't work that way.
>>
>>296997
>when someone says they're an atheist it's a safe bet they mean "lack of belief".
That's exactly what it used to mean, but then militant atheists and the "fedora" meme happened, and since then people have redefined "agnostic" to mean "atheist", and "atheist" to mean "militant atheist".
>>
>>296990
>they exist because they evolved
I will allow you to identify your own circular fallacy
>>
>>296938

It isn't. That's what I'm arguing, that the Bible implies otherwise, and that Adam and Eve are likely only the ultimate ancestors of the Hebrews, not humanity as a whole.
>>
>>297007
>The idea that life itself could evolve into existence
It can't you can only evolve from something that existed before
Life came to existence somehow and it multiplied for some reason evolution on comes to place on the multiply part
>>
>>297027
>this makes more sense than the simple answer: someone made it so
Occam's taser
>>
>>297022
The bible LITERALLY lists all of Adams descendants. What more do you need, you fucking idiot?
>>
How do the young earth creationists reconcile he belief in adam and eve with the lack of genetic bottlenecks in the human population from the time period you're proposing

And how do you explain the presence of a genetic bottleneck from ~50,000 years ago, likely from the Toba eruption

>The Toba eruption has been linked to a genetic bottleneck in human evolution about 50,000 years ago,[31][32] which may have resulted from a severe reduction in the size of the total human population due to the effects of the eruption on the global climate.[33]

According to the genetic bottleneck theory, between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago, human populations sharply decreased to 3,000–10,000 surviving individuals.[34][35] It is supported by genetic evidence suggesting that today's humans are descended from a very small population of between 1,000 and 10,000 breeding pairs that existed about 70,000 years ago
>>
>>296655
Judaism doesn't claim that Adam and Eve were Jews. Muslims do claim that, though, because to them, everyone has a Muslim inside them waiting to come out because it's the natural monotheism.
>>
File: 1231651532.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1231651532.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
Why isn't everyone black since both Adam and Eve were?
>>
>>297061
We all are
>>
>>296971
Nobody cared until Protestantfags started taking this shit literally.
>>
>>297040
Life's inception doesn't make much sense since we don't know much about it
Evolution does make sense since we know a lot about it
Diseases didn't make much sense when we didn't know much about them. Now they are understood by common people.
>>
>>297061
Evil cracka magic n shieeet
>>
File: world migrations.jpg (147 KB, 1250x963) Image search: [Google]
world migrations.jpg
147 KB, 1250x963
>>297063
>>
>>297064
The Bible is pretty clear about how it has to be taken literally.
>>
>>297046

The part where it says that Adam was the first or only human around when he had those descendants.

Which doesn't exist. Which is implied to be not the case several points over, from the differing accounts in Gen 1:27 as opposed to Gen chapter 2, in addition to the stuff I mentioned upthread about Cain's city.
>>
>>297080
>a bunch of christian wannabes think they know better than the ancient church founded by the apostles of Christ himself
i love the protestant meme
>>
>>297061
EVE WUS A GUD GIRL SHE DINDU NUFFUN WAS JUS GOIN TO THA TREESTORE TO GET FRUTES N SHIT YO
>>
>>297110
If the stuff in the OT wasn't taken literally, then it means the original sin never happened, and so Jesus' sacrifice is entirely meaningless.

Also, how do you explain the fact that there's a full genealogy linking Jesus to Adam?
>>
>>297093

Are you pretending to be a retarded protestant and making fun of protestantism or what?
>>
>>297120
Child molesters BTFO
>>
>>297120
Every thing is already interpreted and answered by the church, no need to invent hot water.
>>
>>296655

Noah's 3 sons. Shem, Ham, and Japheth. Shem, the ancestor of Abraham and the Jews. Ham (who was cursed by Noah), ancestor of the Canaanites, and Japheth, the ancestor of most everyone else. At least that's my understanding.
>>
File: hKgRbHI.gif (3 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
hKgRbHI.gif
3 MB, 300x188
>>297120
>original sin never happened if it didn't involve a literal talking snake and fruit growing from literal trees
>>
>>297162
Exactly. If the story didn't happen that way, it wouldn't have been told like this.
>>
>>297124

No, I'm pointing out that the universality of Adam's ancestry to humanity or the worldwide flood in the Genesis account aren't textually based.
>>
>>297174
The story took place before the material world was corrupted by sin, which means a very different world from ours. Telling it that way is fine.
>>
>>297184
Oh so you are retarded. Alright then.
>>
>>297064
>protestants
>being this much of an ignorant retard
>>
>>297194
If it isnt literal, why detail the genealogies in the next chapter? The story is obviously establishing that Adam and Eve existed and begat x who begat x who begat x, etc...
>>
>>297022
The Hebrews are literally the descendants of Eber you mongoloid mental cripple.
>>
>>297215
Because lineage was considered critical to ancient writers to understand the present.
>>
>>297215
Keeps a cohesive narrative.
>>
>>297206

Which is of course why you haven't cited any verses which back your point of view up. The closest you've gotten is saying that there's a list of Adam's descendants, which doesn't actually support your argument. Go on, where are they?

>>297223

And Eber is Shem's grandson, and thus traces Noah all the way back up to..... Adam. Hence "Ultimate ancestor".
>>
WE WUZ ADAN N EVE n SHIEET
>>
>>296685
LOL Jews are a nation of priests not a nation of genetically different people...
>>
>>296655
adam and eve never existed family. just to clarify, santa claus doesn't either, sorry kid :(
>>
>>297804
Saint Nicholas most definitely existed. I thought this was a history board
>>
>>297833
He's retarded don't answer him.
>>
>>297833
>>297836
i agree that he was a historical figure, but he doesn't resemble the santa claus murricans worship today by any stretch of the imagination
>>
>>296680
This. The covenant with God was for the descendants of Abraham, this is why we call ourselves the "Chosen People" not "The Correct People"
>>
>>296784
You don't need to put the in different environments. Mutations stack up, just because.
>>
>>297007
Wrong. Life is an emergent property. At the most fundamental levels, there is no different between living things and non-living things. Rules of Biology are soft (mostly describe general tendencies), and can be reduced to the Rules of Physics which are universal.
>>
>go back in time
>kill adam
>kill cain also.
>>
File: Lilith_(John_Collier_painting).jpg (81 KB, 446x850) Image search: [Google]
Lilith_(John_Collier_painting).jpg
81 KB, 446x850
>>296655

>At one point Adam and Eve were the only humans on earth

Aren't you forgetting about someone?
>>
>>296655
desu the whole Adam, Eve, and the snake story, and the story of the great flood both are probably carryovers from older religions that are almost entirely forgotten. What's even worse, those religions are probably based on even older real stories that eventually evolved into religions as they got retold through generations tens of thousands of years ago.
>>
>>297861
That's because our Santa is St. Nick fused with Odin fused with some Dutch guy.
>>
File: frcard2.jpg (8 KB, 150x216) Image search: [Google]
frcard2.jpg
8 KB, 150x216
>>297861
Fucking really, bro?
>wears red
>giant white beard
>jolly as fuck
>brings around a donkey (of course raindeers arent real)
>gives poor kids stuff on Christmas
>>
>>296741
Abraham had two sons. Muhammad (pbuh) is descended from the older one, Ishmael. Only the Quraish are descended from him though, they are not Arabs. Both lines of Abraham can be described as extinct
>>
>>298264

He actually had more. Everyone always seems to forget the kids he had with Keturah.
>>
>>298264
He had way more sons than that. Wasnt Joseph one of them?

Theres a song about all Abrahams children we learned in Sunday school
>>
>>297061
Adam was black, while Eve was pale.
>>
File: reindeer.jpg (208 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
reindeer.jpg
208 KB, 1024x681
>>298256
>raindeers arent real
you wot m8

anyway, you're just stating things, as far as i know the historical nicholas was a byzantine bishop that saved jews from rabid crusaders
>>
>>298289
ahh i just realize what you meant by the reindeers, that it was an american addition
>>
>>298279

Joseph was one of Jacob's sons, not Abrahams.

Abraham does have 5-6 more sons with a woman named Keturah, who might or might not be Hagar under a different name.
>>
>>298279
>>298269
Who's descended from Keturah? Oh . Yeah they're called Kedran in the Quran.
>>
>>298289
I can take a picture of an antelope and save it as raindeer.jpg too senpai. Doesnt make it fly or its nose light up though
>>
>>298313
i got it from the wiki on reindeer, look it up yourself
reindeer=caribou btw
>>
>>296779
>If that's true, and everybody is descended from Adam and Eve, wouldn't that mean everybody should be one race (white, black, etc)?
Black people came from Ham
>>
>people in this world actually think Adam and Eve existed
>>
>>298390
Sauce?
>>
>religion

go away from this board baka desu
>>
>>298390
(citation needed)
>>
>>296791

kek
>>
>>298035
>Aren't you forgetting about someone?
She got retconned
>>
The idea is that we all have a common ancestor, Judaism has hidden elements of proto-evolutionary beliefs.
>>
>>296655
It is impossible for two people to produce an entire species.
>>
>>296836
This is fucking bait.
>>
File: 670px-Bait-a-Worm-Step-2.jpg (54 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
670px-Bait-a-Worm-Step-2.jpg
54 KB, 670x503
>>296655
>So why is everyone on earth not a Jew
>>
>>296912
>Evolution is a means to you being the way you are
>It is not a purpose
Exactly. There is no purpose until you either give yourself one, or, more likely, you are given one by others.

We are bipedal apes, and from the way we act, it's no surprise that we're only half a chromosome off from being chimps.
>>
>>297439
The point is Adam is the ultimate ancestor of all of humankind, not just Jews or Hebrews.

But forget about Adam, focus on Noah, as according to the Bible we all descend from Noah and his sons, considering the rest of the population got wiped the fuck out by the flood.

Japheth is the progenitor of Europeans
Shem is the progenitor of Semites
Ham is the progenitor of Africans (Egypt is called the land of Ham, his son Cush is the ancestor of Kushites/blacks etc)

Then it gets further stratified down the line, like Abraham fathering Isaac (the ancestor of Israelites and Edomites) and Ishmael (the ancestor of Arabs) etc.

At no point did Jews, or Christians for that matter believe that only Hebrews descend from Adam.
>>
>>301085
>But forget about Adam, focus on Noah
Didn't his daughters get him drunk and fuck the shit out of him?
>>
>>301085

>But forget about Adam, focus on Noah, as according to the Bible we all descend from Noah and his sons, considering the rest of the population got wiped the fuck out by the flood.

Actually, the Bible does not say this either. The extent of the flood is always described as הָאָרֶץ "the land", the same way it talks about "the land of Egypt" or the "land of milk and honey."

>>301664

That's Lot, Abraham's nephew, IIRC.

His older daughter names their incest baby "Moav", which literally means "From father".
>>
>>301751
2 Peter 2:6
>>
>>296655
That looks more like Tyrone and Naomi
>>
>>301751
>That's Lot, Abraham's nephew, IIRC.
Oh yeah. Man, the OT was hot.
>>
>hurr durr if everyone was Catholic why is there Protestantism
>>
the jews are a race of reptile human hybrids bread by the alien reptiles to control the world. The reptiles are yaweh and adam and eve were the 1st male and female hybrids. So far they have succeeded to destroy humanity and the reptiles orbiting our planet will take over.
>>
File: EternalAnglosfacewhen.jpg (101 KB, 428x500) Image search: [Google]
EternalAnglosfacewhen.jpg
101 KB, 428x500
>hurr durr muh jooos

Fucking Anglo shills.
>>
If Adam and Eve were truly the two first people on the Earth, and after the great flood Noah and his close family were the only people left, how do you explain the existence of indigenous people in the Americas? While staying with the biblical timeline.
>>
>>302052
"people"
>>
File: dresden.jpg (56 KB, 362x447) Image search: [Google]
dresden.jpg
56 KB, 362x447
>>302237
>Anglos
>human
>>
>>302265
pol.jpg
>>
>>296655
Jews are specifically the descendants of Abraham.
>>
>>297120
>original sin being at all necessary
Because people totally live perfectly sinless lives except they're fucked by the fact that two ancestors thousands of years ago fucked up one time.

People need saving from their own sins, not from the sins of their ancestors.
>>
>>296755
This
>>
The Jews were the original people. There's stories about how the other races came about, they were the results of other Jews that settled down in different parts of the world (for instance a Jew named Egypt is supposed to be the father of all Egyptians).

The Jews are the one's with the most direct and thus highest lineage. Yes, the Old Testament literally has the Jews as being the original and master race. It's hilarious when Christians try to be anti-Semitic when 50% of their book is Jewish propaganda.
>>
Am I the only one who finds it odd that after the Cain, Adam and Eve are never mentioned again?
Do they just continue to fuck and pump babies out in some corner for a thousand years/until the flood?
>>
File: 1447994469678.jpg (96 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1447994469678.jpg
96 KB, 792x558
>>296971
The garden of Eden is specifically located in the middle East according to the bibles own text.

Moreover, you really think ancient Canaanites (modern day Palestinians and Lebanese) really had an idea of what out-of-africa was?
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.