[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls and Gentlemen, get your tin foil hats, fadoras and neck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
Girls and Gentlemen, get your tin foil hats, fadoras and neck beards to prepare for some truth! ITT we discus why the Dark Ages never existed.
>>
menes
>>
File: darkages.gif (9 KB, 363x323) Image search: [Google]
darkages.gif
9 KB, 363x323
>>293127

But they did, as you can see from this chart.
>>
>>293150
>its a graph, so it must be true!
>>
File: 1442369867714.jpg (48 KB, 363x323) Image search: [Google]
1442369867714.jpg
48 KB, 363x323
>>293150
>>
the dark age was actually the light age until christianity was infiltrated and demonized by atheist muslims who worship baphomet
>>
Yeah, it existed, but it didn't last 1000 years, that's a ridiculous exaggeration.
>>
File: 192luw5c2uh7ojpg.jpg (174 KB, 720x477) Image search: [Google]
192luw5c2uh7ojpg.jpg
174 KB, 720x477
>Petulant teenage Atheists destroyed the library of Alexandria to make the church look bad.
>>
The niggers did 9/11
>>
No you don't understand
The Dark Ages literally never existed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis
>>
Historians argue wether or not certain events occurred in Europe during this time period such as Charlie the mange. But Vikings were a thing
>>
File: timeline[1].png (44 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
timeline[1].png
44 KB, 500x539
>>293150
>>293156
best version
>>
File: 1433892745403.jpg (136 KB, 545x504) Image search: [Google]
1433892745403.jpg
136 KB, 545x504
>>293231
>>
Who gives a shit the real issue is Bernie did 911
>>
I get the argument that the Dark Ages never really happened, but I don't understand the argument that the Renaissance never happened.
>>
>>293274
'Renaissance' has proven to be such a vague and porous word that it's basically useless.I have seen Journals using the term 'Renaissance Ireland' for fucks sake.
>>
>>293240
Well disregarding a number of other obvious holes in whatever this chart is arguing including the question of how you're measuring scientific advancement, Rome wasn't destroyed by Christianity.
>>
>>293389
It just means rebirth, or a relative resurgence of prosperity and relevance particularly cultural
>>
File: Muh Dark Age.png (2 MB, 1386x4653) Image search: [Google]
Muh Dark Age.png
2 MB, 1386x4653
>>
>>293274
because the term enlightenment is more appropriate and can basically be summed up by
>liberal political ideology
>advancement of art
>>
I've studied a lot of Post-Roman Britain history and you can clear see how they ended up in a 'Dark Age' situation. The Romans left, and within a generation their palaces and villas were ruins that no one knew how to repair, their governance was replaced by petty warlords who squabbled among themselves, and the tolerance between religions was replaced by strife between Christian sects and what few Celtic pagans remained. Then the Saxons came and what remained of Roman culture was scoured from the Romano-British as they were pushed back into Wales and Cornwall.

I think that Anglo-centrism has a lot to do with our perception of the time following the collapse of the WRE as the Dark Ages.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.