[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the most influential man of the 20th century to bless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: didirustleyou;).jpg (28 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
didirustleyou;).jpg
28 KB, 650x366
is this the most influential man of the 20th century to bless the humanities and rhetoric on the human condition?
>>
What is hey trying to convey with his trenchcoat collar popped, and the cigarette?
>>
File: 1390844801375.gif (97 KB, 226x226) Image search: [Google]
1390844801375.gif
97 KB, 226x226
History will remember Peter, not Chris
>>
>>293396
Bullshit, Christopher has proven far more popular and influential than his brother. Not that Peter is an idiot or anything.
>>
File: 1405102616147.gif (682 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1405102616147.gif
682 KB, 245x245
>>293404

>Christopher has proven far more popular and influential than his brother.

Which is why I said HISTORY will remember Peter.
>>
>>292580
Not in the least. Try Russell, Popper, Kuhn, Wittgenstein, Heidegger, Arendt, de Beauvoir, Lukacs, Benjamin, Braverman, Thompson, and a host of other scholars who published seminal monographs.
>>
>>293412
And why would that be?
>>
>>293420

Peters ideas are timeless.

Chris appealed to the "new atheist" collation, of which none of them read his books.
>>
>>293418
>is this the most influential man of the 20th century to bless the humanities and rhetoric on the human condition?

what about Sam Harris?
>>
>>293443
Not sure about that. I wouldn't say either Hitchens brother was startlingly original. Difference being that Christopher sold a couple million copies of God is Not Great and I don't think Peter has encountered that level of success. I'd be surprised if either of them is paid much attention 100 years from now but if I had to bet money on who'd be brought up more often it'd be Christopher.
>>
>>292580
No, [spoiler]Chomsky[/spoiler] is
>>
>>293418
>de Beauvoir, Lukacs, Benjamin

These people are only known within extreme leftist circles, nobody else knows who they are.
>>
>>293486

Thomas Sowell already destroyed Chomsky (RIP)
>>
>>293375
That he's edgy as fuck.
>>
>>293375
look like camus
aka >>293498
>>
YEP. he single handedly destroyed religion esp. christian apologetics.
>>
>>293493
Benjamin is the go to for liberal bourgeois who want to think Culture is Significant in literary and cultural criticism.

de Beauvoir is a standard existentialist and mostly read for liberal feminism.

Lukacs ought to be known by every 4th year literary criticism student, and every continental philosopher. Just like one must read Heidegger.
>>
>>293530
I.e only select people, like radical leftists.
>>
>>293375
Dude cigarettes LMAO. Probably thought he was edgy and cool.
>>
>>293650
He's posing like Albert Camus dude.
>>
>>293666
Well congratulations, you got yourself cancer. Now what's the next step up of your master plan?
>>
>>295686
Crashing this religion... with no survivors!
>>
>>292580
No, because he was more influential in the 21st century.
>>
File: Cover-Scruton.jpg (23 KB, 460x386) Image search: [Google]
Cover-Scruton.jpg
23 KB, 460x386
Scruton is superior imotbh
>>
>>296238
More like crashing this sports car am I right?
>>
>>292580
Gore Vidal was superior to him in every way.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.