[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Humiliating people post-WWII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 8
What do you folks think about the people who got humiliated after their region was liberated by the Allies from German rule? AFAIK both sexes were involved, but probably more of them were women that slept with german troops.

I think the punishments were pretty absurd, true you may be a traitor and aid the enemy, but still.
>>
>>290607
All those pics of the nude parading women are kind of hot.
>>
>>290607

How many people who did that were quite happy to be under German occupation and only decided to join the resistance on 7th June 1944?
>>
>>290634
Going about your business while ignoring your occupiers is much different than sleeping with the enemy.
>>
>>290607

>I think the punishments were pretty absurd, true you may be a traitor and aid the enemy, but still.

But still what?

Remember, these germans are the same people who have probably executed people from your village. People you know. Jews that you used to be good friends with. Maybe that Jehova's witness you knew from down the street, he would've been taken away and gassed.

So... Still... what?
>>
>>290634
>fight the enemy while under their occupation
>accept your fate and carry on
Choose one.
If they would have joined the resistance, then they could have been punished by the german forces, so nothing much they could do.
>>
>>290651

How so? What about when going about your daily business involves actively helping the Germans? Did they drag cops, taxied rivers, barmen, hostel clerks, etc etc etc into the street and smear swastikas onto their shaved heads? No, because then the big tough heroic 'resistance' heroes might actually have a fight on their hands.

>>290666

Yet tensure of thousands of people all over Europe chose the first one.

"Whelp, nothing is can do. Better collaborate, then brutalise other, weaker collaborators if the allies ever come back".
>>
Scummy holier than thou revenge attacks, the victims of which were fetish objects to direct hatred towards the Germans, and often perpetrated by soft collaborators themselves who escaped harm and humiliation.
>>
File: 1446752472891.jpg (1 MB, 1821x2121) Image search: [Google]
1446752472891.jpg
1 MB, 1821x2121
>>290607
It´s infuriating
LOOK AT THE PHOTOS! YOU CAN LITERALLY SEE ALL THE COWARDS AND MANLETS WHO DID NOT DEFEND THEIR NATION NOW FUCKING NOW MAKING FUN OF WOMEN WHO NEEDED THE MONEY TO SURVIVE OR FEED THEIR CHILDREN. THOSE COWARDS WERE AT BARS SPENDING ALL THE MONEY IN BEER WHILE TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY WOULD BE HEROS IF THEY WERE AT THE WAR AT THE SAME TIME INSULTING THE OCUPATION BUT DOING NOTHING TO MAKE IT WORSE FOR THE GERMANS.
AND WHEN THE NOBLE AMERICAN ARMY LIBERATE THEM THEY SHOW THEMSELVES ALL PROUND ABOUT HOW THEY FIGHT BACK! AND NOW THEY DARE TO BLAME THE WOMEN AND MEN WHO MAKE CONTACT WITH THE ENEMY TO SURVIVE.
SCUM OF THE EARTH!
>>
File: 07-528352.jpg (63 KB, 758x499) Image search: [Google]
07-528352.jpg
63 KB, 758x499
These types of punishments were inflicted on men very rarely. In the immediate post-liberation aftermath, men suspected of collaboration were more likely to be imprisoned, put on trial, and executed if found guilty. They were usually still given some legal procedure, however hasty. Men were also more likely to fight back... notice how the mobs didn't go after the French police who collaborated with the Germans? Where are the men shaved, stripped naked, and forced to walk in public or take photos with people gripping their faces or genitals while grinning?

The reaction against women suspected/accused of collaboration right after the liberation was very much an immediate form of mob justice carried out with no discretion. Women who were sent to work for the Germans through no choice of their own, women who were forced to board German soldiers through no choice of their own, were punished in this manner. There were mothers who had no means of feeding their children other than finding a soldier or officer who would feed them, women pressured into relationships with occupying soldiers, women who struck up agreeable friendships, etc.

The 'tondues' reaction was rooted in jealousy and a false sense of moral superiority and carried out in a way that reflected that. You were able to stay well fed, and wear comfortable clothing, and benefited in any way from the Germans? You will be punished for it.

It also wasn't the first time punishments for women were rooted in public humiliation based on their appearance and privacy. During the first French Revolution, certain pamphlets called for aristocratic women to be stripped naked, shaved, and forced to do work in the street as penance; nuns of a certain convent were stripped and publicly spanked for refusing to swear certain oaths.
>>
>>290660

>Jews that you used to be good friends with.
>>
>>290660
>Remember, these germans are the same people who have probably executed people from your village. People you know. Jews that you used to be good friends with. Maybe that Jehova's witness you knew from down the street, he would've been taken away and gassed.

All those people the Vichy government gave up themselves. The Germans didn't even need to lie to make them do it; Vichy knew what was going to happen and they were totally fine with it.

But you didn't see them humiliating the French police en-masse. You didn't see them harassing the soldiers who fought for Vichy instead of defecting to the Maquis or Free French Forces. *Those* guys got the "Well, it's behind us now," treatment. I wonder why.
>>
>>293208
In some cases, collaborating men were allowed to keep their office! Maurice Papon, anyone?
>>
>>292509
That seems fat even for a Botero...
>>
>>290607
I really can't blame those women t.bh.
>your countrymen get btfo by germans in few weeks or days
>germans don't seem that bad and are actually quite attractive etc.
>fall in love with one of them
>he gets sent to front and dies or gets captured
>suddenly everyone hates you and treats you like trash for falling in love with the wrong man
it's tragic imo
>>
>>290607
I think "revenge" against helpless people is repugnant and public shaming and humiliation are even more so. This triggers me even more than the German crimes 2bh, it's easy to dissociate yourself from those.
>>
>>290607
they did something wrong
>>
>>293004
At least they punished someone :^) The society needed some way to collectively atone for its sins with women who got dicked by nazis, in a way metaphorically fucking the country. I don't blame them tbqh
>>
>>290607
>true you may be a traitor and aid the enemy, but still.
But still what?
What is even your point?
They betrayed their own people, shaving them and making them walk around in public ain't that big of a deal, they could have been executed, or worse, tortured slowly and painfully in a prison cell.
>>
>>290607
Traitors deserve humiliation and death

And I am a Naziboo too
>>
>>294688

>being this judgmental over shit that happened

never got this, why do people have a need to judge historical events ?

same shit, and worse is happening constantly any way
>>
>>290607
i can live with that... it's the same as waterboarding torture - it's supposed to break your mind without scarring your body so fuck it, if (and that's a big if since i can't vow for their impartiality and neutrality) their were what they said they were that's only a little of they deserved.
>>
>>293208
>>293318

As was the case in Nazi germany tho.

I can't argue for why the Vichy regime officials didn't get their shit kicked in, I'm only explaining to you why the germans did.
>>
>>294725
Ypu sound intelligent
>>
>>290607
Not cool obviously, but to be honest, you can't expect people to be nice to you after you have occupied and tyrannized them for 6 years.
>>
>>295148
>Not cool obviously, but to be honest, you can't expect people to be nice to you after you have occupied and tyrannized them for 6 years.
>nice to you
>implying the French women occupied and tyrannized their own country

huh?
>>
>>290607

Sad yet understandable, and nowhere near as bad as the ethnic cleansing of Germans sanctioned by the Allies at Potsdam.
>>
>>290607
Roasties btfo
>>
>>293004
Judging by those ugly ass faces you could almost make a case for them being men, holy fuck.
>>
>>296702
That sounds like an fucking cool alt history.
>>
File: brbro.jpg (129 KB, 935x499) Image search: [Google]
brbro.jpg
129 KB, 935x499
>>290607
>>294664
The worst part is that most of these women were prostitutes just doing their job
Contrary to the legend, very few non-prostitutes slept with the Germans in occupied teritories (soldiers werent allowed to)
Why punish women who merely did their fucking job?
>>
File: 1384587387732.jpg (12 KB, 256x193) Image search: [Google]
1384587387732.jpg
12 KB, 256x193
>>297647
>take over city
>put a brothel in the synagogue

There's pettiness, and then there's Nazi pettiness.
>>
>>295119
i don't see any reason not to believe if you can't prove me wrong, anon
>>
>>297647
>we we're just doing our jobs, we didn't want to kill the jews. our commanders even let us abstain from shooting jews if we wanted to, but orders are orders!
>>
>>297848
Legalized prostitution is slightly different from committing genocide, anon.
>>
>>297877
i know i just couldnt resist honestly
>>
>>297647
That's hilarious desu.
>>
>>290737
This
>>
>>290607
the soviet rape of berlin was probably the greatest humiliation to be honest family
>>
>>290607
The people got to blow off some steam, I don't see anything wrong.

They just got occupied and keked by the Germans then they got to release their frustration on someone.
This is good because the greater interest of the nation should be to minimize the butthurt of the people.

Yeah some girls got humiliated big fucking deal as far as WW2 goes this is pretty mild.
>>
>I think the punishments were pretty absurd, true you may be a traitor and aid the enemy, but still.
But still what?

What the hell is that sentence supposed to mean?
>>
>>293208
Just no. Collaborators were usually shot. Every single man who had volunteered for the German military was executed.

And nobody knew about the Holocaust except maybe Laval tier, and even Vichy protected the French Jews.
>>
>>299511
it means "i'm a woman and butthurt about this"
>>
>>297848
Holy false equivalency, Batman!
Either that or civilian prostitute einsatzgruppen.
>>
>>299485
>if a group of people is frustrated, it is acceptable for them to oppress another group of people
Why even have laws and courts? You seem fond of mob "justice".
>>
>>293165
My great grandfather only got out of Germany because he was friends with a cop, who was kind enough to pull him out of the line for the train to the concentration camp, take him off to the side, and tell him to get his family and get out of the country as quickly as possible.
>>
>>299590
Laws and courts are for maintaining order in peace time.
Mob justice is to save time and effort in uncertain times.

Besides if your whole country is frustrated you should definitely get it un-frustrated if you don't want to end up with a deeply fucked up pervert people. Look at Japan.
>>
>>299546
>And nobody knew about the Holocaust except maybe Laval tier, and even Vichy protected the French Jews.
>nobody knew about the Holocaust
>even Vichy protected the French Jews

The Vichy regime cooperated absolutely with the round-up, imprisonment and deportation of French Jews. The underground resistance networks set-up by Jewish people and certain religious organizations that got some people (mostly children) to safety =/= Vichy regime.
>>
>>299607
>Well, Germans were frustrated over losing WW1 and their entire economy. It is therefore completely reasonable that they complied with orders to exterminate the Jews, Gypsies, disabled people, Slavic people etc.
Also, it's laws OR mob justice. You can't have both. (because the guilty are persecuted either by law and through courts, being protected from their fellow citizens, or by mobs and without laws, which is a state of chaos)
The strangeness of Japan's erotica began far, far before the end of WW2. "frustration" had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>299639
>>Well, Germans were frustrated over losing WW1 and their entire economy. It is therefore completely reasonable that they complied with orders to exterminate the Jews, Gypsies, disabled people, Slavic people etc.
Is it moral,ethical,good ? No,it was definitely evil
Is it reasonable ? Well somewhat. Reasonable isn't the word I would use but it made sense for sure.

From the point of view of the German nation,was it the right thing to do ? If they succeeded yes. It was in their best interest and it's understandable they would do that.

I'm not about to hate on the crazy kid for being crazy.

>Also, it's laws OR mob justice. You can't have both.
Come on this is a thread about the end of WW2 which is the perfect example this isn't true.
In France,while Petain was on trial in Paris,in the country the mob was lynching anyone it didn't like. There definitely was both.

It's not because you ideologically can't have both that you actually can't have both. Otherwise politics wouldn't be nearly as good.

>The strangeness of Japan's erotica began far, far before the end of WW2. "frustration" had nothing to do with it.
Well take Germans then,if they didn't get fucked so hard in WW1 there probably wouldn't have been as much revanchism.
>>
>>299616
No they didn't. Vichy aided in the deportation of immigrant Jews, and immigrants only. In exchange, French Jews were left alone. This is the reason why France had the lowest Jewish death rate of any occupied country but Denmark.
>>
>>299698
One of the roles of a nation is to ensure that property and liberty of a citizen are protected from his compatriots. That's why we have a judical system - a nation which does not condemn murder, theft etc. crumbles.

Lynch mobs work against the law (and against the role the nation needs to fulfill) => if the judical/enforcement system doesn't destroy them, it is rendered pointless by them (because it becomes a state of anarchy, chaos.)

For that reason lynch mobs are harmful and may not be defended or accepted. A nation may not tolerate part of its citizens breaking its laws. The nation may in practice tolerate that, turn a blind eye. But then it is not truly a rule of law and is unacceptable.

Extermination went against the role of the nation. They stripped a part of their citizens of their rights. For that, they are right to be condemned. Your position, on the other hand, is inconsistent. How is a majority harming a minority suddenly unethical if it wasn't five minutes ago?

Revanchism is not caused by "frustration". It was a product of nationalism, which was extremely strong in Germany due to its traditional culture, education, values etc. They thought their nation was unjustly humiliated after WW1. It is national pride, not "frustration" that caused Germans to desire revenge. They thought the victors of WW1 destroyed their economy (because of reparations and limitations. That is not true, of course), and wanted revenge. "frustration" isn't even a real thing.
>>
>>299746
>They thought the victors of WW1 destroyed their economy (because of reparations and limitations. That is not true, of course)
Yup. People need to get educated about this so much more.

The victors of WW1 "destroyed" the German economy so much that Germany was left the country with the highest GDP on the continent, and in such a shape that they could have easily paid the reparations, had they had the good will to do so. What vile, villainous vampires of Versailles!
>>
>>290634
Sartre was one of these. He worked normally under the German occupation, never contributing to the resistance, but the moment they were gone he decided to become an "avenger" and preside over revolutionary tribunals where everyone to the right of Lavrenty Beria was shot as a traitor (France killed more people during the "liberation" than during the occupation). Camus, who was actually part of the resistance but opposed such tribunals, called him out of his shit.
>>
>>290607
How come american and russian troops were in need to rape while germans had a fair share of french women trowing themselves at them?
>>
>>299786
Prostitutes. France had prostitutes.
>>
>>299766
What a scummy faggot.
>>
>>294725
Who gives a shit if they had sex with Nazis? Are you such an insecure kek that you can't handle the thought of your pure women being with a handsome German?
>>
Oh boohoo. Those women betrayed their country in the worst way, and all they got was 15 minutes of shaming.

Meanwhile male traitors get shot.
>>
>>299789
Well that's quite an unfair treatment, Germans did not ate grass i'm sure, why didn't mobs also lynched the bakers?
>>
>>299798
Pretty ironic coming from a German/germboo.
>>
>>299746
>One of the roles of a nation is to ensure that property and liberty of a citizen are protected from his compatriots.That's why we have a judical system - a nation which does not condemn murder, theft etc. crumble
>[...]
>Extermination went against the role of the nation. They stripped a part of their citizens of their rights. For that, they are right to be condemned.

Properties and liberties of the citizens are only ensured as long as the higher interest of the state doesn't go directly against it.
You can come up with as many constitution articles and moral concepts of what a nation should be like as you want,the state has to act in its own interest first and foremost.
As far as politics go the end justifies the means.

>Your position, on the other hand, is inconsistent. How is a majority harming a minority suddenly unethical if it wasn't five minutes ago?
When did I say it was ethical ?
Sure I'm making myself the devil's advocate but the question was what do I think about it.

I think those were minor events,mostly forgettable,morally condemnable but generally beneficial to the country.

>They thought their nation was unjustly humiliated after WW1. It is national pride, not "frustration" that caused Germans to desire revenge.
You could argue that national pride much like personal pride can be hurt,and if they felt unjustly humiliated frustrated is indeed how they probably felt. Regardless if it was justified or not.
>>
>>299701
>No they didn't. Vichy aided in the deportation of immigrant Jews, and immigrants only

1/3 of the Jews who were deported from France and were killed in the camps were French citizens, rounded up by French police, held temporarily on French soil before being sent to the East. To say that only immigrants were deported, and French Jews were left alone, is an incorrect statement.
>>
>>299822
>1/3 of the Jews who were deported from France and were killed in the camps were French citizens, rounded up by French police, held temporarily on French soil before being sent to the East.
That's true, but when you realize that they amount to 5% of the pre war jewish population, you realize the French did a good job of protecting their jews (95% survival rate isn't too shabby. Compare it to 25% survival rate in the netherlands).
>>
>>299803
>Oh boohoo. Those women betrayed their country in the worst way, and all they got was 15 minutes of shaming.
>implying the women were traitors

Yeah, that maid who was forced by her company to clean the German headquarters sure deserved being beaten, burned with tar, stripped publicly and condemned to a life of being hated for it.
>>
>>299825
It's hard to applaud something like that when you realize the French Jews were saved at the expense of other people, including children. Bousquet literally cancelled the protections--mind you, these protections were implemented by the Nazis of their own accord--on children who were under 18, parents who had children under 5, and children under 12 who had no living relatives to care for them. Why did he cancel these protections? So that the quotas given to the government by the Nazis could be reached with anyone but French people.

Sacrificing immigrant lives to save French lives also backfired in the end, too. The Vichy government happily cooperated with the round-up and deportation of non-French Jews, so the quotas got bigger, and more protections vanished, and French Jews found themselves in the net.
>>
>>299807
Of course it's an unfair treatment. There is a reason most of the posters here condemn it.
>>
>>299840
>It's hard to applaud something like that when you realize the French Jews were saved at the expense of other people, including children. Bousquet literally cancelled the protections--mind you, these protections were implemented by the Nazis of their own accord--on children who were under 18, parents who had children under 5, and children under 12 who had no living relatives to care for them. Why did he cancel these protections? So that the quotas given to the government by the Nazis could be reached with anyone but French people.
What would you have him rather done? Give up french citizens (jewish or not) to meet the quotas?

I know it appears monstrous to us today, but at the time it was realpolitik. Who would you rather give up to fill the quotas, french jews, or those polish jewish refugees who just came a year ago? Put things into perspective.

>Sacrificing immigrant lives to save French lives also backfired in the end, too.
95% of french jews survived ww2, while only 25% of dutch jews survived ww2. It worked.
>>
>>299816
Yes, and it is in the greatest interest of the nation to fulfill that role. Why, you may ask? Because no one will serve a nation which does not protect their rights and property. Protection is the reason citizens formed the government in the first place, and the lack of it means they will dissolve it. Should I serve a master who harms me and allows others to harm me? Only if he forces me, making me a slave to his will. The only way a nation may survive, exist is by paying heed to the role of protection. And further, a nation which allows its laws to be broken at will falls - what is the point of laws if they are allowed to be broken? Such a nation will quickly dissolve into anarchy (again, laws which protect the populace are broken => populace has no reason to remain a subject and rebels).

If that is your frustration, than it cannot be dispelled by oppressing a minority, hence this act was not beneficial (in the addition to the reasons I listed above), but harmful to the society.
>>
>>299852
I'm talking more about the reaction to those decisions today rather than "oh they should have done this or that...."

when people praise the Vichy government for protecting French Jews when the policies they enacted to do so were at the expense of non-French lives, including children, it leaves a very bad taste. It wasnt like "those 70,000 people just slipped through, we could not save them all!" It was a conscious decision to sacrifice non-french men, women, and children (who the nazis didn't even ask to be deported!).
>>
>>299859
>Yes, and it is in the greatest interest of the nation to fulfill that role. Why, you may ask? Because no one will serve a nation which does not protect their rights and property. Protection is the reason citizens formed the government in the first place, and the lack of it means they will dissolve it. Should I serve a master who harms me and allows others to harm me? Only if he forces me, making me a slave to his will.
You are dismissing how the mob is just as much part of the nation as the people it targets.

Would the mob serve a state that prevents it from exerting what it perceives as rightful vengeance on its enemies ?
Surely the government would be deemed traitors. Who protect the ones who pactized with the enemy,and jails its own partisans. That would be unnaceptable in the eyes of many,and that is probably one of the reasons why the governments of the time let it happen.
Should they serve a master who prevents them from having their revenge,prevents them from harming anyone at all ? Only if he forces them, making them a slave to his will.

>And further, a nation which allows its laws to be broken at will falls - what is the point of laws if they are allowed to be broken? Such a nation will quickly dissolve into anarchy (again, laws which protect the populace are broken => populace has no reason to remain a subject and rebels).
This was immediate post war,a time just as confused as wartime. The law barely matters in such a situation.
Those countries were so unstable,that allowing local communities to organize themselves as they wished and get rid of undesirable elements most likely helped them more than it harmed them.
>>
>>299904
It is not within the interest of a nation to lose subjects at all. That means the nation must take all possible measures to end the hostility between groups. The mere existence of interest groups in conflict weakens the nation. It is not right to take one side because it then becomes tyranny by majority. The citizens cannot know if they will be on the right side the next time groups are formed. Will they be safe? Will they be stripped of rights and murdered? Because of that, they have no reason to uphold the nation and stop being subject to it.

Confusion does not excuse this. Authority must be asserted as quickly as possible, and those guilty of mob justice punished. The truly undesirable elements are those who break laws and turn on their compatriots.
>>
>>299951
Ideally yes. Taking all possible measures to end hostilities might end up causing more unrest than it would stop. No matter how right it is to take a side politics have no relation to morals.
And the citizens,in general,cannot know what will happen to them anyways.

Also you could argue that since the state empowers the mob,the mob carries the state's authority. Therefore the mob is acting in the name and interest of the state, enforcing the rule of law rather than breaking it.
>>
>>300009
Those could have been quints. I am extremely angry.

I am not arguing for morals in politics. There are necessary principles, however, which make government possible. If a government fails to fulfill those principles, it is ripped apart, its existence terminated. I believe I have shown why the government may not allow mobs and why it may not strip a population of its protection. To allow either is to advocate for the nation's failure.

A mob cannot carry the government's authority because:
a)the government does not control it
b)governmental authority arises from laws, meaning that it cannot be given to any other entity
c)that would be putting part of the citizenry above laws => the rest are not protected => you already know how this works
>>
>>299803
>Oh boohoo. Those women betrayed their country in the worst way, and all they got was 15 minutes of shaming.
>Meanwhile male traitors get shot.

Not all the french girls were collaborators for germans. Some of them were prostitutes, some dunno maybe fell in love with the occupiers, or it was simply not in their best interest to be against the germans, considering a big part of the country was occupied and it was not sure whenether or not it will be liberated.

>15 minutes of shaming
It's not about just that 15 minutes, it leaves permanent psychological scar, depression. Imagine being shunned from the society, bringing shame on your name (some of those women even had children and I'm sure they were affected too).

True, leave the city, leave the country, change your name, but you cannot forget about it that easily.
>>
>>300038
>I believe I have shown why the government may not allow mobs and why it may not strip a population of its protection.
>To allow either is to advocate for the nation's failure.
In the absolute, I agree with the idea. But in practice governments have done this plenty of times and the results weren't necessarily harmful.

>a)the government does not control it
That's debateable though.
It doesn't have official authority but it definitely can have unofficial authority over such groups.And more often than not,it does.

>b)governmental authority arises from laws, meaning that it cannot be given to any other entity
On the paper it does but I find it pretty reductionist.
The state authority also comes from the ideas it spreads,from the power it drives from the armed forces, from how much the people fear or love said government.

>c)that would be putting part of the citizenry above laws => the rest are not protected => you already know how this works
But only for one temporary purpose serving the interests of the state,which should be understandable and acceptable even within the frame of the law.
Take parliamentary immunity for example.It would allow a dissident MP to actively undermine the state.It stays a small price to pay,a small concession to make in order to keep up a democracy that doesn't deter people from participating.

Likewise throwing a scapegoat to the mob is a small price to pay to satisfy the mob.

I have to stop here though,maybe I'll come back later if the thread is still up.
>>
>>299822
Source?

French Jews weren't deported. By French Jews I mean Jews who had French citizenship.
>>
>>300157
>French Jews weren't deported. By French Jews I mean Jews who had French citizenship.

This is an incorrect statement. Heck, one of the most famous French Jewish victims (who, yes, held French citizenship) is responsible for one of the most well known journals of life in occupied France for Jews.

As for the source, there are a number of books about Jews in France during the time period that plainly discuss French Jews being deported. the French Deportation Lists are available from the United States Holocaust Museum--I don't know if the George Dreyfus list is accessible online anymore, but it's the most thorough list that I know of since it was cross-referenced with French government documents along with personal research on the families, so it contains more information about each person deported. Serge Klarsfeld's book from the 80s (La Memorial de la Deportation des Juifs de France) is more plain statistical but it still lists what camp they were deported from, place of birth, known birth date, and nationality. From Drancy alone 22,193 of the people deported held French citizenship.
>>
>>299822
france was divided betwen vichy and occupation zone though
>>
>>297647
>fucking job
>>
POST MORE HUMILIATED PICS
>>
>>300727
Why so you can spam them in other threads saying
>HAHAHAHAHAHA LE NAGZIIIS SUUCKKKKK
>>
>>294725
Nice one ;^)
>>
>>300873
YEAH
>>
>>290651
The only reasons not to fight against your enemy are either strategical or emotional. There was no strategical reason not to join the resistance. Anyone who considered the Nazis enemies yet did nothing was a coward and a traitor, as they betrayed their allies and cause by not fighting against the shared enemy out of cowardice. Someone who did not consider the Nazis enemies also didn't betray anyone by not opposing them, nor did they betray anyone by sleeping with Nazis. Thus it's hypocritical of the cowardly traitor who failed to fight his enemy to blame those who didn't betray anyone through failing to fight as there was no-one for them to fight. It also quite likely involved a lot of shame and projecting.
>>
My great grandpa, an American paratrooper, said that the French resistance always paraded around with their armbands and sub machine guns until actual Germans were anywhere around, in which case they quickly hid them and did essentially nothing.
>>
>>301350
>There was no strategical reason not to join the resistance

How about "I don't want to get shot" as a reason?
>>
>>299698
From my point of view the third reich is evil
>>
>>300998
thanks family (^:
>>
>>304024
You grandpa probably made up shit because he didnt actually fight the fucking war and was always at the rear as reserve troops, miles from the front, like thousands of US troops

Resistants never paraded anywhere until the country was totally freed
They were hidden and did sneaky shit at night
>>
>>290607
>the enemy occupied your country
>some of your women willingly collaborated with them
>they probably had sex
>many of them are probably pregnant
>they'll have babies made by the enemy
>you are now what 4chan calls "Kekold"
>fuck no
>let's cut their hair, so when they'll be in labour we will see who's a collaborator and who's not (short hair vs long hair)

That's the cold hard truth.

Also babies or not, they were "Kekked", which is pretty annoying.
They fucked enemy soldiers, became whores to save their skins.

Disgusting.
>>
File: treason.jpg (59 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
treason.jpg
59 KB, 625x468
>>294664

Tragic? No.

It's called treason, son.

The only way to accept your reasoning is to state that women have less willpower and can't even comprehend ideas like patriotism, pride, honor, etc.

If the enemy occupies your country, you either fight or run (to fight another day).
But no - you don't "fall in love" with soldiers.
It's fucking ridiculous.

So we can assume that these women were traitors and / or simply retarded.
>>
File: 1421292869100.jpg (297 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1421292869100.jpg
297 KB, 600x900
>>305529
>what is reality?
>>
>>305504
Why are you putting kuckold in quotes?
it's a real English word not just a 4chan meme.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kekold?s=t
>>
>>305631

Tried to bypass the word filter, but I was sleepy and failed.
>>
>>305623

I see you disagree but didn't say why.

If you want a decent conversation, please tell me what's the problem with my post!
>>
>>305529
>>305644
most people do not actually give a shit about politics senpai

when you grow up you will understand
>>
>>305644
You have an over-simplistic vision. An individual is not defined solely by his nationality.

Things can't get sumed up to « Me german, you French ».
People ae just people, nothing more, nothing less.

>>305674
I give a shit about politics and still disagree.
>>
the punishment was not absurb
men faced jail and execution for collaboration and treason
once again, whores get special threatment
>>
sure is getting /r9k/ in here
seems a lot of people are empathising with those who 'missed out' in some sort of absurd, reductive frogposter false scenario where the boxheads are "chad"
or that the complexities of the situation cannot be reduced into an autist pleasing morally black and white system
never mind that many soft collaborators went unpunished and often participated in and were perpetrators these humiliations themselves
can't let that get in the way of a good reeeeeeee fucking whores why can't I get laid
>>
>>292509
Fuck you, the French lost 100.000 men in 6 weeks fighting the Germans in 1940. Just because they didn't know how to stop the Germans didn't mean they did not fight.
>>
>>305713
Well, I'd judge an active collaborator harder than someone who slept with a soldier.

Denonciation and profit over occupation are crimes.
>>
>>299590
I'd like to see how YOUR country would react to occupation, Anon
>>
>>305693
>>305674

Underage detected
>>
>>305880
Are you telling those posters that you somehow detected yourself? It's always the young teens and college aged people that drunk on ideals and put them above human value, in some blind attempt to find meaning in their lives and a function in society, something that at their stages in their lives they lack.
>>
>>305760
oops
middle sentences are around the wrong way
sentiment still stands
>>
>>305880
>"If you want a decent conversation, please tell me what's the problem with my post!"

>responds with generic ad hominem
>>
>>305802
>spread leg for Hans
>get benefits (housing, good food, free cinema and whatever else)
>not help your own countrymen by any mean
>worst case give them out
>not profiting over occupation

well i think you are just a white knight on the internet
>>
>>305951
You know this is as much an assomption as the people boohing about "they had 24 billion children, had no choice and were in love and desperate", right?
>>
>>305802
Men who slept with German soldiers also faced death
>>
>>305951

This guy gets it.
>>
It's sickening, really. Racism, ethnocentrism is real. No doubt about it.

I read a proposed theory. Since many of european censuses were lost during napoleons reign. Napoleon and his generals had a thing for burning down churches. Therefore erasing familial history and names from history...baptismal record... marriage records...death records. It served a good purpose too, as many saw this as a way to end differences that may exist and start a nation or empire anew. And rather made people less focused on regional differences and focus on building something.
>>
>>306419
Napoleon, the king of terror. He's practically one of the reasons the catholic church started the vatican library to store records.
>>
>>294749
>never got this, why do people have a need to judge historical events ?
Because OP asked
>same shit, and worse is happening constantly any way
Yep
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.