[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This picture being the face of the board is going to cause strife
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11
File: apieceofstone-.jpg (1 MB, 1739x2100) Image search: [Google]
apieceofstone-.jpg
1 MB, 1739x2100
This picture being the face of the board is going to cause strife and anger until it is removed. Instead of an influential and recognisable general we get literally who grandpa who tought that winter comes because sun is being blown away.

Picture of Sherman would show poltards, holotruthers and state righters that there is no place for them here.
>>
>new board
>immediately turns into /pol/ 2.0
this is why everyone hates you, /pol/
it's not because of muh jewish conspiracy or muh tumblreddit infestations, it's because you kill every board you touch
>>
File: 1389960996508.jpg (7 KB, 175x193) Image search: [Google]
1389960996508.jpg
7 KB, 175x193
>>28867
Holy shit i suggested Herodotus they took my advice.
>>
>>28867
Herodotus basically invented history. Shut the fuck up now, mongol
>>
>>28924
Some people really discuss about /pol/ than discussing history.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 124x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 124x200
>>28867
>>
>>28924
>this is why everyone hates you, /pol/

Even if that was true, popularity doesn't equal truth.
>>
>>28924
>>28867
Amazing how much shitposting there is from people who hate /pol/

Fuck off
>>
>>28867
>the father of history
your retarded
>>
>>28867
Just ban pol cancer and this board will be fine
>>
>>29028
Agreed, that includes people who whine about /pol/ too.
>>
>>29057
>complaining about cancer is just as bad as being cancer
>>
>>29028
>pol
You mean /pol/.
This kind of laziness should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>29028
Just ban these constant posts like:
>>>/whereever/
Crying for the mods to ban opinions you don't agree with and stifling freedom of thought.

There's plenty of history forums on the internet that don't allow freedom of thought. And all of those forums will pale in comparison of what /his/ can be.
>>
>>29074
When it gets to the level where it is derailing threads as much as the cancer, it is.
>>
>>28867
He's the person who wrote the first work that can be considered something approaching history. The word history comes from the name of his work for fuck's sake.
>>
I would prefer Thucydides to Herodotus but Herodotus is still a good choice
>>
Why would you want a divisive sticky image that you know will make people butthurt and thus fuel shitposting? Stickies should be as neutral as possible, Herodotus is a perfect sticky image for this board.

It sounds like this board isn't the right one for you.
>>
>>29074
When your complaining is ruining the board yeah. You're pretty much the same people that were against a /his/ board and now you're here to ruin it. If you hate it so much just go away ffs.
>>
>>28867
>he doesn't know about Herodotus
You are a fucking retard.
>>
File: his.jpg (130 KB, 1101x271) Image search: [Google]
his.jpg
130 KB, 1101x271
>>
Are you stupid? The picture is fine. Herodotus practically invented history.

This thread is stupid
>>
>>28867
Not sure if bait or underage b&
>>
>>28924
Honestly die faggot, it's people like you who ignore blatant facts and instead of logically debating your opponents. If they are wrong you should be able to prove them wrong hmmm? But no you you start crying muh racism, die nazi, because your too retarded to have a civil conversation.
>>
>>28947
He was more of a geographist than a historian in a modern sense. He wrote about the world in his time.
>>
>>31247
Plus he wrote the first historical narrative, i.e. that of the Persian invasion of Greece. Him dedicating most of the book to the background of the various regions around Greece doesn't mean he didn't actually do history. He's like an anthropologist/historian.
>>
>>28867
oglum kes amk
>>
>>28867

Shut up
>>
File: 1414264571785.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1414264571785.gif
993 KB, 250x250
Good thread OP

8/10 chuckled
>>
Speaking of which, shouldn't /his/ have country flags and such? where can one appeal for this? I mean if we're going to talk history of countries it's a given.
>>
>>28867
>>28924
t. /lit/
>>
>>28867
Should be a sherman tank, to piss off the wehraboos
>>
How about every IP that posts on /pol/ is automatically banned from posting on /his/ for a period of time?
>>
>>28867
t. underage b&
>>
>>34768
How about you go back to >>>/r/eddit.
>>
>>34734
What the fuck does t. stand for? I keep seeing this.

You mean signed, you mongrel
>>
>>34885
Maybe you should go back to reddit then.
>>
>>28867
herodotus invented historiography
>>
>>34885
you have to lurk /b/ for 3 years before you're allowed to post on the big boy boards

t. anon
>>
>>29246
>civil conversation
>HURR LET ME POST THESE MACROS AND THEN ILL CALL YOU SJW JEW KIKE IF YOU DARE OPPOSE ME
There's no civil discussion with /pol/tards.
>>
>>28867
Here's your reply.

Why fucking Sherman of all the generals of history!?

Having a Greek philosopher type seems right desu
>>
File: 1446222067744.jpg (108 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1446222067744.jpg
108 KB, 1024x683
>>34885
You need to immerse yourself in imageboard culture further before writing posts.
>>
>>34972
>I have never been on /pol/ and even when I go I go in the obvious shitposting thread
>>
>>29246
Nice civil response.
>>
>>34885
t. redditor
>>
>>35008
You can't be civil with people who want to censor shit.
>>
>>35004
And this fucking argument.
I have been on /pol/. It's full of trolls and insane people.
With few exceptions, it's an echo-chamber for neo-Nazis and more extreme right-wing.
Discussions are basically name-calling and shitting out macros like there's no tomorrow.
We don't want that here, and by ''we'' I mean people actually interested in history, not in pushing their agenda.
>>
>>35134
By definition History is a favored narrative.
By definition History is the pushing of an agenda.
What's wrong little boy?
Can't into rhetoric?
>>
File: napoleon bonaparte.jpg (1 MB, 2917x4187) Image search: [Google]
napoleon bonaparte.jpg
1 MB, 2917x4187
>>28924
>>new board
>>immediately turns into /pol/ 2.0
maybe thats because people actually study history know how shit non-europeans are and have been since the dawn of time

its not always /pol/'s fault that reality is racist
>>
File: lel.png (69 KB, 264x278) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
69 KB, 264x278
>>34638
>>
>>35134
>I have been on /pol/. It's full of trolls and insane people.
So you haven't been to /pol/ and only seen a small portion of the people there? Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>35173
Spare me your Nazi relativist bullshit.
It's true history is full of shit, but history is a science, it uses scientific method.
You have your own board where you can humiliate ''little boys'' with your ''superior rhetoric'' and pretend you're some great revolutionary who will save the white man from Jewish oppressors.
This board is not for that. Be civil and keep /pol/ in /pol/.
You people are like fucking Muslims, everyone must conform to your beliefs and you spread your shit everywhere.
>>
>>35263
/pol/ is filled with memers and underage children

Everyone else hates /pol/ because of its highly cancerous userbase
>>
>/his/ is nothing but beta white libs and brown subhuman /int/-reddit crossusers who got their feelings hurt on /pol/ will rest at nothing to surpress the truth.

I can't say I'm surprised, at all.
>>
>>35275
Same could be said about you, and the faggot group called /lit/ where they halfass reading.
The fact you wanna censor the truth because it hurts your fee-fees outs you as an idiot.
>and pretend you're some great revolutionary who will save the white man from Jewish oppressors.
>he doesn't know
>>
>>35303
>>35311
This is what I'm talking about.
>>
>>35263
Okay, right now on /pol/:
>thread about your daughter sending you picture with a black man
>thread about Zimmerman
>thread about Bernie Sanders
>Places Black People Don't Go
>Is just figured out Merkel's EXACT motive and plan
>Not all blacks are niggers
>be american dog
>get shot
>Post your most valuable merchants.
>It seems like the radical left is inadvertently coming around to our way of thinking...
Wow sure proved me wrong. And in every fucking thread, roughly 50% of posts deal with Jews.
Fuck. Off.
>>
>>35275
>history is a science
>uses scientific method.
kek
>Jewish oppressors
>You people are like fucking Muslims.
toppest kek.
alright anon, you had me for a second.
nice to see a fellow /pol/ock
>>
>>28867
Herodotus is the father of history. He is the rightful picture.
>>
>>35359
I want to censor it not because it hurts me, but because it will make this board /pol/lite, a place where idiots form their right-wing echo chamber and everyone and everything you don't like is a Jew.
>>
It was literally /pol/ that made this board happen. I hate /pol/-tards as much as anyone who doesn't go there but if they hadn't asked for this during the /qa/ with Moot2 then it wouldn't happen.
>>
>>35303
Was there for 3 years arguing against a lot of nazi boos. Got a decent amount of support from libertarians and rational people.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>35399
>>35427
Do you know /pol/ at all?
It's basically le ironic shitposters and actual bonafide Nazis circlejerking.
Why does everyone make generalizations of every board?
>>
>>35303
>Everyone else hates /pol/ because of its highly cancerous userbase

Nice meme.

>>35387
Why do you just go back to r/history? This is not the place for garbage like you
>>
>>35399
So? That's the culture.
>>35440
>I want to censor
I want to beat you, you are on par with faggots who say "lel stop posting animu." Literal Muslim "refugees" that can't adapt. Go circle jerk to some shitty leftwing "book"
>>
File: 1411292070470.jpg (106 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1411292070470.jpg
106 KB, 500x500
>/pol/ kiddies are no longer in their meme echochamber
>waaah I'm being oppressed
>>
>>29074
Yes it is
Fuck off now
>>
>>35480
more like /int/ and /lit/
>>
>>35505
>Do you know /pol/ at all?

Yes, I do know /pol/, and I know that you're from /pol/.
We're all learning so much today
>>
>>35494
see>>35399
>>
>>35229
Yeah, that's why the majority of history professors are racists.
>>
I'm right wing and I don't have a problem with sherman. The same way a jew wouldn't care that hitler was in history books.
>>
>>35527
>that's the culture
...of /pol/. Not of this board.
>circle jerk
You're the ones who circle-jerk you retarded fuck.
>le spreading le truth
>le redpill
>le jooo
>le hitler
You're fucking cancer. You and SJW's are two sides of same coin.
>>
>>35534 (You)

Noboy else is whining except you.
>>
>>35589
>Not of this board.
Because it hasn't formed yet, faggot.
You can't just say "this is how the board will run, fuck you if you don't think with this one mindset" like you /lit/eral faggots do.
Also notice the amount of posts in it.
>>
>>34706
No.
Flags force dank ebin memes and shitposting.
See: Great Maternal Canadian-Lesothoan War.
>>
>>35534
>meme echochamber
>posts garbage that even /a/ wouldn't touch
hey buddy I think you've got the wrong door
>>
>>35668
This board is about discussing history, not preaching your political ideas.
Get it through your thick skull.
You have /pol/ for that.
>>
File: 1414956882879.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1414956882879.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
>>35707
>attacking the reaction image instead of the post
>>
>>28867
"State righters" lolwut, so AKA authoritarian leftists only or? That's the dumbest part of this post
>>
>>35732
Color me triggered, but the image was more interesting than the post.
>>
>>35721
>philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages
>philosophy
>discussing philosophy (fascism, Marxism, democracy) is breaking the rules even though those are legit philosophy.
>>
>>35589
>You and SJW's are two sides of same coin.

At least you found a way to make yourself feel better about yourself. Here's the reality though: you're reddit garbage and you're type isn't welcome here. So go drink so cyanide.

>>35668
This, no redditor or /lit/kek is going to to tell me how to use a new board. I'm all for banning kek and troll threads, but this board exists for the purpose of critically discussing history, real history, not fabricated history.
>>
>>35732

The post was equally worthless metadiscussion, don't act like it had any fucking substance worth debating.
>>
>>35440
if you want to censor the truth because it conflicts with your worldview, then you might want to re-examine your worldview
>>
>>35841
This
>>
>>28867
I won't say I was "triggered" by the image of Herodotus, but it seems appropriate that in this day and age we might have an alternative to the "old white guy" representing history.

Perhaps Carter G. Woodson?
>>
>>35841
>the truth
That's the thing, shit you post is not the truth. It's what you believe to be truth.
For example, about Holocaust, 90% of you never bothered to read the official history.
You immediately jumped to denial theories. This is painfully obvious when I see what kind of shit you discuss and what's your key evidence.
You don't know basics, yet you want to refute something.
And because your mentality is so fucked up, anyone disagreeing with you is Jew shill.
In the meantime, while you cry about censorship and leddit, you want to censor everything that's not your version of history. Like your historical idols did.
Seriously, fuck off.
>>
>>35909
>literally using the 2015 argument
>>
>>35791
Yeah, then we should allow discussion about how great idiocracy is
>>
>>35909
maybe if non-whites actually had historical figures worth putting up there

just look at your example, some obscure black historian that hardly anyone knows about.

Herodotus works great for this board.
ancient Greek historian, represents history and philosophy.
>>
>>35534
>>35732
Anime fags are worthless piles of shit and so is their opinion, no point debating with you
>>
>>35936
>you want to censor everything that's not your version of history
I don't want falsehoods in history. Do you like reading about liars?
>>35945
>25 years
>>
>>36038
t. redditor
>>
>>35909
>Greek
>White
This is something that /pol/fags actually argue, some of them don't think Greeks are whites.
Besides he's the founder of modern historiography we don't need to post someone else for the sake of "diversity"
>>
>>36071
>what is having a good giggle at the expense of others
>>
>>36045
But that's the thing my brainwashed friend.
You are the ''liars'' here.
My problem with Holocaust talk is not discussion or denial, it's the type of people that such discussion draws, and what they think is an ''argument''.
I have tried many times, and it's impossible to discuss with people like that on internet. They're anonymous, they feel no shame.
I saw a guy who claimed bullshit about Hitler and pre-war Germany.
I proved him wrong, he left.
I come a month later, and he's still there, posting same shit.
You people are like a broken record. That's because you aren't interested in history, you're interested in forcing your ideology.
>>
>>35677
implying that wasn't good shitposting
>>
>>35936
we're not talking about holocaust here.

my point is that you want to censor something that MIGHT be true just because it supports an ideology you disagree with.
if you want to censor something because it conflicts with what you believe and your ideology/philosophy/worldview then, frankly, you have a shitty ideology/philosophy/worldview that can't stand up by its own merit.
if that means this board becomes /pol/ or /lit/ 2.0 then too fucking bad.

this site is about uncensored raw discussion. conflict is inevitable, and if you want to change that then you should probably just fuck off, and that goes for /pol/ as well.
>>
>>36045
Not sure if retarded or trolling
>>
>>34972
> THEN ILL CALL YOU SJW JEW KIKE
I have yet to see this. What have have seen is people making /pol/ arguments and instead of people saying how they are wrong... they attack them and scream go back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>36136
>My problem with Holocaust talk is not discussion or denial
no one is bringing up the holocaust except you

and ad hominem attacks won't make your arguments any more valid
>>
>>36058
sure, now go back to jerk to your chinese cartoons
>>
>>36136
You didn't prove anyone wrong.
My point, my little /lit/eral faggot, is that censorship is wrong, it is not right on a board for anonymous posting.
Making one train of thought the only train of thought is implied Fascism, something that you don't want but it's what you shall get. And what you get from the end of it is a circle-jerk about how "progressive" history is. What you stand for, right now, is the same thing you are against, which is censorship itself.
Also playing gotcha isn't gonna work.
>>
>>36247
>>36335
You know very well why I'm talking about Holocaust. Because that subject attracts these kind of people.
These people then proceed to shit up threads and boards with one line posts, and are literally everywhere preaching ''The Truth''.

>>36290
Well then you don't post for long on /pol/.
>>
File: lucius quinctius cincinnatus.jpg (47 KB, 341x450) Image search: [Google]
lucius quinctius cincinnatus.jpg
47 KB, 341x450
my vote for the face of /his/ - not the creator of it, but a great lesson from it...
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.