[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>read about the glories of Rome >learn about it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: the-sack-of-rome-granger.jpg (202 KB, 900x585) Image search: [Google]
the-sack-of-rome-granger.jpg
202 KB, 900x585
>read about the glories of Rome
>learn about it's fall to the unwashed hordes of barbarians
>tfw I'm descended exclusively from the barbarian hordes

I'm...I'm sorry...
>>
>>287508

SAVE YOUR PATHETIC IRRATIONAL "APOLOGIES", AND LEARN ACTUAL HISTORY.
>>
Wait, so are you a Hun or a Turk?
Because at the time of Rome's fall, the Goths were interested in preserving and continuing Roman culture, rather than destroying it
Alaric was a total Romaboo, to the point of calling himself "Alariucs", and contemporary commentators marveled at how humane the "Sack of Rome" was relative to the usual customs of war in the era. St Augustine considered it a near miraculous sign of the superiority of the Christian faith.

Similarly, Theoderic, the Ostrogothic king, tried to support Roman culture, and might have been seen as Rome's savior if not for Justinian and Clovis ruining everything.
>>
>>287531
>no one ever replies to you :^)
>>
>>287907

At the same time the Franks had no intentions of preserving Rome and thought they are finally getting rid of their oppressors.
>>
>>287921
I like his posts. He's a faggot, but I like what he says.
>>
fuck off
>>
Empires are destined to fall, for those who lack the generosity and kindness that inspires true loyalty shall find nothing but failure within their desires.
>>
>>287921
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>287508
No need to apologize, Rome crashed by itself from inside. "barbarians" simply finished the job on western side, just like turks did on eastern side
>>
>>288001
There shall never be a loyalty and love like there was between Honorius and his cock.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.