[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you know about Moroccan history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: Morocco.jpg (324 KB, 2113x1419) Image search: [Google]
Morocco.jpg
324 KB, 2113x1419
What do you know about Moroccan history?
>>
>>284285
From the top:
>Ancient peoples being ancient
>Punic colonists show up
>Organize the coast into small but thriving centers of life.
>Ancient people still act ancient
>Punic colonists organize into small city-states
>These city states compete for power
>Ancient people still act ancient
>Punics call upon these ancient peoples into army as mercenaries
>Most successful of these Punic cities was Carthage (Qart-Hadasht)
>Carthage ends up becoming stronger than the nation who founded it centuries before
>Organizes the colonies to its west even more
>Ancient peoples act ancient, but speak Punic now.
>Along comes those assholes from the Peninsula to the East. They assert dominance, centuries of war ensue between them and distant Latins.
>Ancient people still act ancient while speaking Punic
>Carthage eventually loses its power, gets burned to the ground, salted.
>Ancient people still act ancient and speak Punic
>Distant Latin peoples become not so distant.
>Iberia falls to them, then the remaining Punic colonies.
>Ancient people still act ancient but speak Latin as well as Punic now.
>Romans dominate coastline like the Punics, but sacrifice less babies
>Ancient people still act ancient while speaking Punic and Latin
>Rome breaks down after some asshole thought being emperor was more important than his nation
>Empire grows fat, old
>The germanic tribes being pinched by Roman and horse niggers to the East grow rowdy.
>Ancient people still act ancient while speaking Punic and Latin, but now worship Graeco-Roman gods.
>Germanic peoples flood Roman empire like a virus.
>They rape and pillage everywhere
>People known as Vandals show up to Africa. They pillage Roman cities, then settle down.
>Ancient people still act ancient while speaking Latin and worshipping Roman gods, but no longer speak Punic.
>Glorious Vandals run North Africa like shit for the next few centuries
>Introduce Christianity.
>Ancient peoples act ancient while speaking Latin, but adopt various beliefs
>>
>>284285
>>286034
>continued
>distant cousins of Ancient peoples who speak Latin and worship in various ways live in the desert
>life sucks, but whatev
>some pedophile rises up and tells them "we beez kings n queens"
>sand niggers eat out of his hand
>adopt his interpretation of already existing God and abrahamic traditions
>Ancient peoples still act ancient while honoring various gods, but are trading more and more with Vandals.
>Cousin Muhammed and his band of horse raiders enter Africa
>they ravage Christian Egypt, tribal Libya, enter Morocco.
>they rape the Vandals in every battle
>Vandals either killed or enslaved because God wills it apparently
>Ancient peoples wary of cousin Muhammed and his gang
>Ancient peoples still act ancient while speaking Latin and worshiping God, but ancient religions start to die out. Or at least change
>Muhammed's message sadly does not die with him. His idiot descendants fight over his throne
>More show up in Africa. Ancient peoples feel more and more connected to these Arabs. They made love to camels like the ancient people used to in the olden days
>Ancient peoples act ancient, but slowly adopt Islam.
>Visigoths and Suebi get raped by incoming Arab and Ancient peoples acting ancient
>The region remains a hotbed for centuries.
>Ancient people no longer act ancient, and still slowly adopt Islam.
>Trade lanes between gold mining niggers and camel humping Arabs form. Ancient peoples find calling
>Morocco starts to become a big deal: it controls half of the gateway in and out of the Mediterranean.
>Sultans rise up there in the name of glorious Allah
>Peoples there become almost entirely Islamic
>Europe suddenly realizes that Dark Age retardism is not okay
>They rise up and smash into the Iberia peninsula. Arabs, Jews, and their descendants no longer welcome.
>Flee by the thousands into Morocco and Granada.
>Peoples there welcome the influx of Islamabros.
>Euroniggers squabble over the Iberian peninsula. Several states form
>>
>>284285
Invaded spain
Got kicked out
Declared war on the Dutch republic at one time but the Dutch ambassador didn't pass the message on
Post WWII, they come to the Netherlands in droves
>>
>>286034
>>286069
/thread
>>
File: yeah right.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
yeah right.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>>284285
>>286034
>>286069
>continued
>Euroniggers in Iberia form several states, they all claim to have never been conquered
>mfw
>Peoples still act Islamic, but now have many different Islamic people living nearby.
>Sultan rises out of this cosmopolitan society, organizes everyone
>Crusading Latinboos stopped from crossing entirely into Africa. The crossing becomes a tense area
>Morocco becomes an idea more than a state for these people, just with various names.
>Moroccan people act very Islamic in face of pressure from Eurofags
>They bring glorious Islam to the gold mining niggers below the great desert
>Islam grows and grows
>Moroccan people enjoy Islam
>Cool aryanbros come on boats shaped like dragons. They sell pretty white women to Moroccan slave dealers for gold and iron.
>Vikingbros continue this trade for some time
>Grave news out of the East: Horse niggers rape Baghdad, muh 2 million dead occurs
>Islam slowly starts to lose its golden age of trade and connections
>Europe grows more and more
>Good tidings out of the West: Europoors discover new lands. Vikings pissed about not getting credit
>Europe grows and grows
>Moroccan people still act Islamic while speaking various Arabic dialects
>Europe grows so powerful, they exert control over territory outside the continent.
>Morocco absorbs some of this power
>Barbary states organize, including Morocco.
>Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me!
>Centuries of being pirates gets some recognition of power
>enter colonialism
>North Africa gets carved into various colonies by the crusaders
>Morocco escapes this fate due to good trade ties and strong navies of pirate niggers
>Ottomans think they control North Africa
>implying
>Good news out of the West
>13 colonies shake off Britbongs
>glorious 'Murica is born
>recognize them as fellow bros in resisting colonialism
>Colonialism becomes hardcore competition for Europe as the need for niggers grows
>Eurofags wanted to be keked since 1600s.
>>
File: you sunk me ship.png (179 KB, 342x960) Image search: [Google]
you sunk me ship.png
179 KB, 342x960
>>284285
>>286034
>>286069
>>286114
>continued
>Morocco continues to exist as one of the Barbary States
>Europe keeps bringing more and more niggers to the New World (more like New Africa)
>Colonialism starts to stagnate, former colonies grow strong. 'Murica is one of them.
>Their ships enter the Mediterraniean, forgetting that Morocco has glorious heritage of piracy
>Sink some Amerifat ships, take the loot and some pretty white faces for slavery.
>Oh shit
>Morocco dun goofed
>'Murica sails over and fights their former friend
>thefuckbro.jpeg
>Barbary states never the same
>Baguettes see this
>Moroccan people still act Islamic while speaking a very beautiful form of Arabic
>Baguettes show up and claim to rule over the Barbary States. Morocco is left with Baguette and Latinboo overlords for a while
>Moroccans still act Islamic and speak Arabic
>Colonialism starts to crumble
>Europe enters Shit Storm One with a bang, send thousands of Islamabros to their deaths in the trenches
>Europe does not learn from mistake, like retards
>Enters Shit Storm Two one generation later
>Moroccan people still act Islamic and speak Arabic, but learn a lot of culture from Eurofag overlords
>Colonialism shatters after Europe tears itself apart
>Morocco slowly slips out of colonial control
>Independence
>here we are today, Morocco as a glorious Islamic state with moderate values
>>
>>286114
Did you just severely mix up the chronological order of viking era, reconquista and the mongol invasions? Other than that, 10/10
>>
>>286156
Reconquista - 718 to 1492.
Viking Age - 793–1066
Siege of Baghdad - 1258

No, but for the sake of the greentext I just assumed them in that order
>>
>>286156
>>286171
my dumb ass submitted too soon:

I know the vikings came before the reconquista truly conquered all of the peninsula. The story just needed to move along
>>
>>286034
>>286069
>>286114
>>286153

someone less lazy than me pls cap
>>
>>286153
So where does Moroccan Islam lie on the continuum from radical to borderline secular? As a generality of course
>>
>>286329
I think that the king of Morocco swiftly represses the islamist movements while being a guardian of the faith himself. He also used to repress south saharan immigration but I think the EU asked him to stop.
>>
File: Five Pillars of Islam.png (131 KB, 1235x611) Image search: [Google]
Five Pillars of Islam.png
131 KB, 1235x611
>>286289
here you go
>>286329
what >>286341 said (I went to the bar after my last post). This anon is right. The sultan wanted his people to be Islamic, but not end up radicals like his cousins in Arabistan.

Europeans can go there and feel moderately safe because of this. If I had to choose an Islamic nation to visit, as an Amerifat, I would elect for Morocco in my top 3
>>
File: Moroccan history.png (445 KB, 2000x1870) Image search: [Google]
Moroccan history.png
445 KB, 2000x1870
>>286289
woops, wrong file
>>
>>289409
>deem the Christian trinity as polytheistic

You know, being raised Catholic, I always thought of us as being truly monotheistic. I see the point, but I still don't believe that the Trinity as being polytheistic.

As far as Morocco goes, like >>286069 saysthe people living there slowly integrated Islam into their lives. Sharing the same God as us Christians probably made it an easier transition than going from paganism to monotheism
>>
>>286153
>Using redditball
>>
File: you mad.jpg (50 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
you mad.jpg
50 KB, 200x200
>>289479
>>
>>289534
>Le u mad meem

It's like I'm in fucking Babylon. Next you'll use the Navy Seals copypasta.
>>
>>284285
USAs first friend to this very day.
>>
>>289541
What the flip did thee just flipping gabble about me, thine miniscule bitch? I’ll have thee know I bested the most prestigious jousting class in the whole of Camelot, and I hath been involved in numerous secret marches on behalf of his Majesty, King Arthur, and I hath over 300 confirmed victories on horseback. I am trained in castle of Guerrilla warfare and I am indeed the highest ranking joustee in the entire land of Great Britannia. Thee are nothing to me but another false crossbearer. I will joust thine shambles with precision the likes of which hath never been observed in the King’s lands, mark my flipping words! Thou think thou can escape retribution by shouting that hogwash at me from afar? I implore thee to think again, peasant. As we converse I am contacting my secretive network of knights across the realm and thine footsteps are being traced right now, so thou best prepare thineself for the storm, pig-maggot! The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing thou call your armour. Thou art a flipping dead man. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill thou in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare lance. Not only am I extensively trained in mounted combat, but I hath access to the entire arsenal of the Kings Royal Army, and I shall use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable derriere off the face of the realm, thou miniscule feaces. If only thou could have foreseen what unholy retribution your little “clever” challenge was about to bring down upon thee, maybe thou would have held thee flipping tongue. But thou couldn’t, thou didn’t, and now thee art paying the price, you godd¬amn fool. I shall s¬hit fury all over thou britches and thee will drown in it. Thou art flipping dead, child.

Back to Morocco, >>289562 friends for sure
>>
File: french montana.jpg (113 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
french montana.jpg
113 KB, 600x600
>>286329
Well considering that pic related is a Moroccan sunni muslim, I'd say it's quite moderate.
>>
>>289581
>I saw this very copypasta on /tg/

Keep your reddit shit out of there pls. Unless this is a /his/ meme, I've not been on this board for a few days.
>>
One stole my bike once
>>
>>289585
In general all north african on europe end up like that, in my experience.

Or is this guy just a tourist?
>>
>>289587
You asked for that one, so you got it.

/his is a great board, but to just call things that weren't made here "reddit shit" is just odd. Instead of getting upset what people post for fun, perhaps contribute to OP's question like I did

>>289585
Ha! Great picture. The one on the left is alright, but the booty on the other girl is fine. He might be Moroccan, but don't you think American values got to him more than his home grown ones?
>>
>>289607
Moroccan born, American rapper French Montana. So... both?
>>
File: 1386358287878.png (112 KB, 304x279) Image search: [Google]
1386358287878.png
112 KB, 304x279
>>286034
>>286069
>>286114
>>286153

Sup Mahmoud. Trying to teach people about your history, I see.
>>
File: islamo-racailles.jpg (56 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
islamo-racailles.jpg
56 KB, 720x480
>>286153

>here we are today, Morocco as a glorious Islamic state with moderate values

WESH VASY FRER NIK TA MER WALLAH PUTAIN DI COUNISTS DI MERD
>>
>>289642
kek

>>289629
Sup Johnny, you know it
>>
>>289642
>posting algerians.jpg
>on a moroccan thread
>>
File: tryhards.png (581 KB, 891x480) Image search: [Google]
tryhards.png
581 KB, 891x480
>>289642
>>289708
It amazes me how moderate Morocco is despite its history of fighting Europe
>>
>>284285
I know that moroccans are a danger to my country.
>>
File: Americas Best Friend.png (96 KB, 360x3302) Image search: [Google]
Americas Best Friend.png
96 KB, 360x3302
>>
>>289765
>More redditball
>>
>>289765
aside from the added hands, this is a nice one
>>
>>286034
>>286069
Thanks for giving us your propaganda history of Tunisia.
>>
>>289796
>>>/b/653434488

no "reddit" there, if it bothers you so much
>>
>>289818
no problem
>>
>>286034
>>286069

this board is so fucking embarrassing. can't do "real history" so we just do lazy memes and broad generalizations.
>>
>>289893
this isn't university dude, this is an online board for people to anonymously post whatever they want. Of course this place is not going to have real history.
If you actually read the generalizations instead of judging them, you would see there are real names of cultures, religions, and places. If OP wanted to know more than the nutshell, he is free to do so. This is the internet after all.
>>
>>284285
Look up tribe called the "Riffians". They are an interesting people who show a lot of features left over from Germanic peoples settling there. Of course, this makes them subject to all kinds of internet propaganda. Mind what you read
>>
I don't know but I love cous cous.
Fuck I love cous cous
>>
>>292254
kek, okay then

>>292309
Couscous is delicious
>>
>>284285
>Haratin are believed to be the native people from atleast Draa Valley south
>mecta-alafou and kiffians are the same peoples
>berbers are not in fact the natives of North Africa, rather they assimilated native peoples into them and are the result of a relatively recent migration within the past 7-8k years.
>>
>>292678
I swear boxer couscous is the most cheap delicious secret ever.
I just had lemon spinach a few hours ago.
I add habenaros from my garden along with fresh basil, chives, cilantro, garlic, olive oil and butter.
*orgasms*
>>
>>284285
>That Moroccan thick body in the pink dress. Honestly those dresses with those body types was really a sight to behold when I was in Maroc.
>>
>>292309
>Evidence is mounting that the process of couscous cookery, especially steaming grain over a broth in a special pot, might have originated before the tenth century in the area of West Africa where the medieval Sudanic kingdom thrived, today encompassing parts of the contemporary nations of Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Ghana, and Burkina Faso. Even today in the region of Youkounkoun of Guinea and Senegal, a millet couscous with meat or peanut sauce is made, as well as a rice couscous.

>Millet was also used for couscous by the Kel Ahaggar, a nomadic people of the desert of southern Algeria, who probably learned about it in the West African Sudan.

>This claim for the African origins of couscous was originally proposed by Professor É. Lévi-Provençal, in his monumental Histoire de l’Espagne Musulmane and is suggested in the early Arabic sources on West Africa. Other studies, such as Professor Robert Hall’s, using the tenth-century work of Ibn al-Faqīh’s Mukhtasar kitāb al-buldān, also seem to support this suggestion. In West Africa, one finds sorghum, fonio, black fonio ,and finger millet, a cereal of Nigeria made into couscous. The Hausa of central Nigeria and the Lambas of Togo call this couscous made with black fonio, wusu-wusu. Sorghum was a popular grain for making couscous, and the Moroccan Berber word for sorghum, illan or ilni, is the same as the word in the West African language of Songhai, illé, lending further circumstantial evidence for an African genesis for couscous.
>>
>>293422
Well I can't say I have any rebuttal to that nor do I have any objections to that.
Thanks for sharing though.
>>
>>289418
Thanks based anon
>>
>>289893
post real history then
>>
>>292817
Bro, post pics of this masterpiece. Doctored Moroccan couscous sounds most excellent
>>
>>293527
Of course, anon
>>
>>295909
I'm sorry I ate it yesterday.
But yes it's absolutely worth the doctoring.
It's really easy to do though, I mean you just chop it up, throw it in a pan with some water, boil it, put the couscous in and put a lid on it, wait five minutes and eat it.
>>
>>289736
You answered that in your statement didn't you.
>>
>>286034

>green text meme history with a heavy slant toward bigotry, racism, and subjective interpretation lauded as a great post and idiots asking for screencaps.

What's the point of this board again?
>>
>>296854
the point is sharing history from different perspectives, what is your take on morrocan history, anon?
>>
>>289409
My mom did some traveling there back in the 70s. She thought it was pretty cool.
>>
>>297858
It's still very safe to travel for Americans. I've been to Morocco 5 times and I've met American tourists every single time.
>>
>>296854
The point of this board is to discuss history and the humanities. There is no rule for the way it is discussed. No one wanted to respond to OP, so I did a quick green text with the standard 4chan bigotry and racism. It got people to respond didn't it?
I threw in real locations, real civilizations, and real names. If OP wants to learn more, he can use the very, very basic green text I gave him to find more out on the internet.

>>297710
what he said

>>297858
Oh yeah? That's interesting. Did she have any cool photographs to show you?

>>297903
Really? Were you in a resort city? What place(s) did you go to during those five visits?
>>
berbers who weren't arabized enough
>>
File: 4chan learning.jpg (29 KB, 310x227) Image search: [Google]
4chan learning.jpg
29 KB, 310x227
>>286034
>>286069
>>286114
>>286153
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.