[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did these even happens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13
File: thefuck.png (10 KB, 316x240) Image search: [Google]
thefuck.png
10 KB, 316x240
how did these even happens
>>
Everyone in the Balkans/Anatolia is, was, and will be retarded

Shit goes back to the Torjan war
>>
How did this thread even happen?
>>
>>283076
i was lurking /int/ and saw one of those meme pictures on /balk/ and here i am
>>
>>283080
you didnt think to detour to said wiki entry on the balkan wars first
>>
realpolitik
>>
>>283104
i did but i need some expert opinion on the balkans
>>
First Balkan war was Balkan states fighting to free themselves from Ottoman occupation. The plan was for Macedonia to be split between Bulgaria, Greece, and Serbia. However, Serbia got keked because after the 1st Bakan war the european powers created the state of Albania (to limit Serbia's growth as a stronger Serbia would also mean a stronger Russia because of the strong ties between the two states).

Serbia, to compensate for this, took the part of Macedonia that was supposed to go to Bulgaria. Now, Bulgaria didn't like this and in an epic yolo moment decided to go to war and got fucked by everyone else. The reason why the Ottoman empire is also on the side of Greece, Serbia etc. is because they joined the war to take back that part of Europe that it still holds today, whose name I sadly can't remember right now. Bulgaria didn't only lose that piece of land, but also a big chunk to the north to Romania and the entire southern coast.
>>
>>283118
Forgot to add that this is mostly why Bulgaria later joined Germany and co. in WW1.
>>
>>283069

Around Bulgars... watch your arse.
>>
File: 1447006728715.jpg (103 KB, 917x599) Image search: [Google]
1447006728715.jpg
103 KB, 917x599
>>283076
We are germanboos and we like to war everyone at the same time.
>>
>>283118
Balkan states were already free from occupation at the start of Balkan Wars, except for Albania
>>
File: le_ethnic_cleansing.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
le_ethnic_cleansing.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>283156
there can never be enough freedom from the ottomans, anon
>>
>>283156
Yes but Serbia and Greece had the most shitty c*ck borders possible.
>>
>>283118
>. is because they joined the war to take back that part of Europe that it still holds today, whose name I sadly can't remember right now.

Thrace
>>
>>283069
Serbia, Montenegro, Greece and Bulgaria declare war on the Ottomans. They all have lands that they want.
The agreement is that Greece keeps southern Thrace, Serbia keeps Albania, Bulgaria keeps Macedonia.
War happens, the allies are winning, but the western powers dont like Turkey getting too weak, so they intervene and signal a stop to the fighting.
At this point southern Thrace isnt taken yet. So Greece refuses to give away southern Albania to Serbia, since they didnt get what they wanted. And Serbia refuses to give Macedonia to Bulgaria, since they didnt get what they wanted.
The Bulgarian tzar is mad with rage, and declares war. Only, he tells his enemies he declares war before he tells his own army, which isnt even in the area. Greece and Serbia make gains while the Bulgarian army prepares.
When the Bulgarians finally arrive, they beat Serbia and Greece back. It looks bad for the Serbians, so they involve Romania, saying they can have northern Dobrugea if they win. Previously Bulgaria had promised to give it to Romania, and had backed out on the deal.
Romania enters, and tells the Ottomans they should join too, and that they can have some of Thrace if they help.
Bulgaria capitulates as soon as all these new fronts are opened, and they concede land and lose their prized artillery, that was the best on the Balkans.
>>
>>283118
Holy shit just nuke the balkans
>>
>>283069
kinda off topic, but I'm looking for a battle opposing USA and japan and in which no japan forces were on ground and USA forces have been decimated still.
>>
>>283553
Very off topic. Go try in this thread: >>283168
>>
Because historically, most countries tend to care only about themselves and alliances are made out of necessity, not because you're a BFF or a mortal enemy with someone. Anyone saying otherwise is an idealistic wanker who read too many fantasy novels.
>>
>>283069
Bulgarians are greedy crypto-Turks

Think I'm wrong or biased? Just read history.
>>
>>283597
>Statement!
>Think I am wrong? Well I am not!

Thats not how arguments work.
>>
>>283627
Here's your medal
>>
>>283163
What book is this from?
Finding resources on the Balkan Wars in english is so hard
>>
>>283693
1913 The World before the great war (or something like that)
Forgot the author.
It is not about the Balkan wars, they take only a single chapter in that book.
>>
>>283069
How was Bulgaria planning to defeat literally all their neighbours at once immediately after fighting another war?
>>
File: 79719[1].png (623 KB, 1000x680) Image search: [Google]
79719[1].png
623 KB, 1000x680
>>283163
>eating of sausage
Its slanina, fags. At least call it bacon.
>>
>>283734
Bulgaria only declared war on Serbia.
Serbia called in Montenegro and Greece. Greece called in Romania. Romania called in Turkey.
>>
>>283734
Because they were only planning to figth Serbia, which had a mutual defense pack with Greece. Which got Greece in the war, then Romanian wanted easy pickings, so did the Turks.
>>
>>283748
When Austria invaded Serbia a few years later, the Greeks quickly forgot about this defensive pact.
>>
are balkan people turks that speak european, or is that a meme?
>>
>>283754
There are no turks on the Balkans. The turkish citizens are muslim greeks and bulgarians.
Turks live deeper into Anatolia.
>>
>>283743
>>283748
Couldn't they kind of see something as obvious as Serbia's allies, and all the countries eyeing their clay dogpilling them as soon as they started a war coming from a mile away?
>>
>>283753
Greeks were oportunistic fags, thwy got the most teritorry with the least fighting. They got thrace for being neutral till 1917. Bulgaria did most of the fighting in the first Balkan war and got almost nothing in return
>>
>>283760
It wasnt a public alliance. Besides, Greece also had the same pact with Bulgaria.
>>
>>283754
Bulgarians are Turks for real, but not Turkey Turks.
>>
>>283770
Bulgars are extinct people. Bulgarians are slavs.
>>
>>283765
Bulgaria's territory literally doubled after the first Balkan war.
>>
>>283760
Bulgaria had the biggest and strongest army in thebalkans at the time, they could 1v1 Serbia, even 1v2 with Greece, whos real strength was the navy. But Romania walking its way to Sofia forced them to capitulate
>>
>>283775
If you mean the turkish vassal Rumelia being annexed, that happened after a war between Bulgaria and Serbia + Ottomans.
It was before the Balkan war.
>>
>>283772
You mean they're Turks who speak a Slavic language.
>>
>>283775
So did Greece. And Serbia.
>>
>>283784
Scientifically wrong. Stop bringing nationalism and ethnic hatred to a history discussion.
>>
>>283790
-posted from an I-Yurt in Sofia.
>>
>>283163
kekke'd, as a turk I feel no anger towards bulgars, feel sad that bulgars are still mad, crying about the attrocities to their people while boasting about the same attrocities when it is done by them.

not all bulgars ofc, just my anecdotal observation, bulgars and romenians are the maddest of the bunch. Interestingly I found serbs to be more chill.
>>
>>283801
The only time a serbian is chill is when he is running towards Albania through the mountains.
>>
>>283782
Also this, i love how Serbs shit on Bulgaria for "backstabbing" them jn ww1, when Serbia literaly attacked bulgaria for no reason in 1885. Whilst the entire Bulgarian army was near the Turkish border.
>>
>>283809
>for no reason

When the annexation of Rumelia was complete, public figures in Greece asked for war, to stop bulgarian expansion and imperialism.
This spread to Serbia, and King Milan asked Greece for a joined attack.
The greeks declined, because the actual government didnt want war, only the populace.
So king Milan asked Austro-Hungary for support, they allowed the war and said they will guarantee serbian gains in the war, and thus the attack.

The war went poorly, Bulgaria beat back and invaded Serbia, and Austro-Hungary started mobilizing and threatening. Bulgaria retreated and thats the end.
>>
>>283809
>>283831
>Austro-Hungary demands peace
>peace is signed
>Serbia continues trying to take Vidin so they can use it for negotiations months after the peace
>>
>>283765
>They got thrace for being neutral till 1917.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Schism
>>
File: fdtyjdtyjk.jpg (113 KB, 1000x624) Image search: [Google]
fdtyjdtyjk.jpg
113 KB, 1000x624
>>283831
>imperialism
>>
>>283831
Thats a less good reason then Bulgaria attacking Serbia in ww1,but thats not the thing, i was just pointing out the hypocrisy
>>
>>283845
Invading a sovereign neighboring state without declaration of war and after killing the local police force stating that all occupied land is now part of your state is what we call imperialism. It doesnt matter if you have locals supporting you.

Example: Crimea.
>>
File: 1445895251739.png (289 KB, 646x690) Image search: [Google]
1445895251739.png
289 KB, 646x690
>>283163
>symbolic eating of sausage
>>
>>283851
>Invading a sovereign neighboring state without declaration of war and after killing the local police force stating that all occupied land is now part of your state is what we call imperialism. It doesnt matter if you have locals supporting you.

I can't post the same image
>>
>>283858
Thats literally what happened, though. Rumelia was an independent state, it got invaded, the police got killed and the land annexed.
>>
>>283861
>Rumelia was an independent state
an actual retard detected
>>
>>283861
Rumelia was literally an artificial land inhabited by Bulgariana, it was not independent, it was a under the protection of the Turks.

sauce on the killed policemen
>>
>>283873
>>283871
It may have been an Ottoman vassal, but it was autonomous and sovereign. It had its own government and borders.
It was invaded and conquered without declaration of war and without approval from Austria or Russia, who policed the area according to the style of international politics at the time.

Furthermore, when it was created after the Treaty of Berlin it was meant to be a descendant of the Eastern Roman Empire.
>>
>>283861
Rumelia wasnt even autonomous, literaly semi autonomous undr turkish rule
>>
>>283871
>>283873
>>283879
Also, Bulgaria conquered another smaller state at the same time - the Republic of Tamrash.

>>283885
It was autonomous, and ruled by Alexander Bogoridi initially.
>>
>>283879
>It may have been an Ottoman vassal, but it was autonomous and sovereign
>without approval from Austria or Russia
>Furthermore, when it was created after the Treaty of Berlin

this is not imperialism goys :^)
>>
>>283743
Man, this is like when you fuck up playing paradox games by attacking one small country and everyone and their mother declares war on you
>>
>>283909
Its like a warning for WWI, but nobody listened.
Well, Bismark did, but then nobody listened to him.
>>
>>283904

>im talking go a turk who complains about wars of aggression and imperislism
>>
>>283930
Ironically enough, Turkey has only declared war twice - on Hitler's Germany and on ISIS.
Its one of the least imperialistic and aggressive countries on the planet.
>>
>>283940
>country changed its name so that means its a different country
my favorite meme to this day
>>
>>283940
>Cyprus
>>
>>283951
Cyprus was initiated by Greece, when they initiated a military coup d'état to chase away the democratically elected president and replace him with a greek-allied dictator.
>>
>>283949
>the land between danube and thrace changed its name from Ottoman Empire to Kingdom of Bulgaria
>its now a new state

what a meme
>>
>>283955
And yet Turkey illegaly occupies the northern part, exiled Cypriots from their homes and replaced them with anatolian turks and kurds. Not to mention the faux Turkish state that is only recognized by them.
>>
>>283986
I dont see how that makes them the aggressor and initiator of the conflict.
I didnt say they never fought a war, I said they didnt start one, except against Hitler and against ISIS.
>>
>>283984
>the land between danube and thrace that was occupied by Ottoman T*ks was Ottoman Empire
new level of dank meme
>>
File: Pentadaktylos-simaia.jpg (430 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
Pentadaktylos-simaia.jpg
430 KB, 1536x1024
>>283990
>I dont see how that makes them the aggressor and initiator of the conflict.
They may not be the aggressor but they sure as hell want to look like one.
>>
>>284003
Right, and just like Bulgaria regained freedom from the Ottoman occupation, so did Turkey.
The sultan was expelled and a turkish president was put in charge.
>>
>>283940
>>283990

Turkey dindu nuffin, only figh evil bad guys like Hitler and ISIS, Turks literally fucked the Balkans and genocided the Armenians
>>
>>284012
>bulgaria
>destroys any hope of roman greatness
>partakes in every conflict in the area
>allies hitler and stalin
>fights pretty much any war on both sides
>talks about dindunuffinness
>>
>>284011
>Bulgaria regained freedom from the Ottoman occupation, so did Turkey

>all countries that today have presidents as head of state have nothing to do with their past as monarchies
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>>284042
>destroys any hope of roman greatness
as did Germanics, T*ks, crusaders, Mudslimes
>partakes in every conflict in the area
so did everyone else
>allies hitler and stalin
so did Romania, Hungary, Slovakia also "allies Stalin" TOP KEK
>fights pretty much any war on both sides
that would be Italy
>talks about dindunuffinness
>T*rk apologist
>talks about dindunuffinness>
>>
>>284042
>turk talking about the destruction of rome

im shaking with anger
>>
>>284080
>turkic means turkish lol

Protip: turkish people didnt coexist with roman people.
>>
File: Sarayi_Album_10a.jpg (369 KB, 760x1125) Image search: [Google]
Sarayi_Album_10a.jpg
369 KB, 760x1125
>>284080
WE WAZ ROMANS N SHIT
>>
>>284095
My favorite roman emperor. Best one since Justinian.
>>
>>283163
>When Edirne fell, Ottoman troops were confined to an island where they died by the hundred each day, the bark torn off the trees up to the height of an outstretched hand
Why didn't they get two guys to hoist a third up on their shoulders to get the bark from farther up? Sounds like they didn't want to live that badly.
>>
File: Wilhelmfucks.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Wilhelmfucks.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>283069
The great powers and Italy where like hurka burka muh independent Albania with 500 thousand population who didn't lift a finger in the war. So Serbia had to compensate for that with northern Macedonia and Bulgaria did the same with Romania. Things got out of hand and the king/tsar of Bulgaria said yolo or some shit and the ottomans jumped in on the gang rape. And that was the first national catastrophe of Bulgaria and the end to anything good that could come out of that place. The second Balkan war should have just been the Balkan-Turkish war that would kick the ottomans in the depths of Anatolia and led to the formation of an new Christian successor state in the whole region. The divide and conquer plan worked like a charm there and the great powers new exactly what they were doing, pitting everyone against each other. If only there had been that one leader under which all these diverse nations could unite under the same ideals, traditions and religion. If only... But hey that's just a theory..
>>
File: map.jpg (22 KB, 464x241) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
22 KB, 464x241
>>284086
>turkish people didnt coexist with roman people.
>>
File: alg-laughing-jpg.jpg (25 KB, 635x460) Image search: [Google]
alg-laughing-jpg.jpg
25 KB, 635x460
The entire history of the Balkans seems like that .jpg where a bunch of anons try to discuss something and it ends with massive chaos and the OP bleeding from his eyes
>>
>>283738
>implying they haven't fed them lukanka
>>
>>283801
Aren't Turkish tv programs really popular in Bulgaria lol?
>>
File: photo_171912.jpg (89 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
photo_171912.jpg
89 KB, 640x426
>>284745
No, on the other hand when people protest against something they don't want they show traitorous policitians in turkish and muslim attire to show what it is they don't want. This is from a very recent anti-migrants protest in Sofia.
>>
>>283122
well that and bulgarian tzar being german
>>
>>283553
aleutes?
>>
>>283854
to be honest, isnt eating pork for muslims on par with eternal damnation
>>
>>283831
You forgot to mention that nobody in Serbia except King Milan wanted to go to war due to a lot of people having considering Bulgarians allies from previous war against Turks, so the king had to fucking lie the reason for mobilisation.

Serbian soldiers thought they were going to help Bulgarians against possible Turkish intervention up until the orders to shoot at Bulgarians.

Even with lying, king didn't dare take veterans from 1876-77 war because he feared they'd mutiny when ordered to attack Bulgarians so he only brought greenhorns with him.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.