[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Founding Father contributed the most to the United States?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Which Founding Father contributed the most to the United States? To the world?
>>
>>281642
John Hancock is the most underrated founding father imo. Everyone loves talking about Hamilton and Jefferson and Adams but Hancock was always the shit and the only thing anyone remembers him for is his obnoxious signature.
>>
Either Thomas Jefferson or James Madison.
>>
>>281642
Madison. Then Franklin or Washington
>>
>>281790
>Thomas Jefferson

He contributed a lot to the African American community if you catch my drift
>>
>>281828
His semen lmao
>>
John Adams/John Hancock
>>
Thomas Jefferson. If he didn't push for the Louisiana Purchase, America might've looked way differently today.
>>
>>281642
It's Jefferson and anyone who says otherwise is a contrarian hipster.
>>
File: John_Hancock_painting[1].jpg (231 KB, 1200x1494) Image search: [Google]
John_Hancock_painting[1].jpg
231 KB, 1200x1494
>president of the Continental Congress when the Declaration of Independence was declared
>head of state of the United States under the Articles of Confederation
>only remembered for his John Hancock
Wonder what he might've gotten up to if he lived for another ten years or so.
>>
>>281642

Obviously George Washington because his military experience made the revolution possible. Without Washington there is no revolution.
>>
>>281642
Thomas Paine
>>
>>283994
He didn't exactly push. He was looking to buy just new Orleans for ten million and Napoleon took a look and said "I'll give you the whole thing for fifteen". The American negotiation strategy was "sign it quick before he changes his mind".

But I agree with you that Jefferson was arguably the most influential.
>>
>>281642
The men who dictated every word:
prince of Hungary, Count of Saint-Germain.
>>
>>284619
Um no, you fucking twat. The answer is Madison for leading the debates on the Constitution. Then Washington because he set a precedent for executive power that all Presidents built on afterwards. Without Washington's strong executive leadership, it would have taken many more decades for the Presidency to become the office that it was after his two terms. Not to mention the fact that he was an incredible unifying force after the ratification of the Constitution. The fucking guy ran unopposed because no one could beat him.
>>
>>284909
Nailed it.
>>
>>284964
>the fucking guy ran unopposed
No he didn't. Adams ran against him.
>>
>>281642
To the United States?

Jefferson

To the World?

Monroe

Most Underrated?

Wythe, so much so he usually isn't counted but should
>>
>>281642
Jefferson in contributing the philosophy of the country, but undoubtedly Washington was the most influential in its creation
>>
>>284964

Without Washington, there would be no revolution. Militarily the colonists would have been crushed. I'm not even saying that Washington was the best general because really he wasn't. But he was good enough to keep shit together until Von Steuben got everything squared away.
>>
>>281642
Can the state of Virginia count?
>>
>>284909
Good answer. He certainly had the largest impact on the American population, leading to the revolution.
But the constitutional work of Madison and Hamilton, from the Constitution to The Federalist Papers is immensely influential - Federalist Papers has been quoted by the Supreme Court over 200 times.
Adding on the goddamn Treasury Department Hamilton is certainly a good contender.
>>
>>284909
He's not counted as a founding father to my knowledge.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.