[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me about the warlord era china /his/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Warlords_1929.png (311 KB, 890x687) Image search: [Google]
Warlords_1929.png
311 KB, 890x687
tell me about the warlord era china /his/
>>
>>281554
Dogmeat general Zhang Zongchang is all you need to know.
>>
>>281554

I've always thought it a bit weird that despite the KMT really kind of starting in the south, by the time they "win" in the mid-30s their power base is in that Sichuan Hubei-Anhui corridor, and they can't seem to control the south anymore.
>>
>>281554
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>281617
holy shit i can see it
>>
Dr. Sun, I'm Yuan Shikai.
>>
>>281701
I'M CRASHING THIS COALITION WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
why arent there any warlord in the west?
>>
>>281808
There are.

The Ma family ruled Qinghai, Gansu and Tibet.
>>
>>281554
Perhaps they're wondering why you'd follow a man...before leading up to the battles of Taiping.
>>
>>281813
he means xijiang and tibet, i.e. the far west which had been controled by the qing. the answer is that they basically seceded from China. the had always had a lot of autonomy so it was natural that they take it a step further. the regions only came under direct control of the Chinese for the first time in history with the Communist government in 1950s. The commies reoccupied tibet and xinjiang and ever since theyve settled so many han in those regions that they now outnumber the natives
>>
>>282116
Xinjiang never seceded from China.

And Tibet was ruled by both Dalai Lama and Ma Bufang the warlord.
>>
>>282116
>The commies reoccupied tibet and xinjiang and ever since theyve settled so many han in those regions that they now outnumber the natives

Uyghurs aren't native to Xinjiang.

They came from Mongolia, and they raped the Tocharians.

Han Chinese have made up half the population of Xinjiang since the Qing dynasty.

>the regions only came under direct control of the Chinese for the first time in history with the Communist government in 1950s.

What the fuck is with this historical revisionism. You're just as bad as the WE WUZ KINGZ N SHEET
>>
File: ss (2015-10-28 at 05.31.35).jpg (144 KB, 956x904) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-10-28 at 05.31.35).jpg
144 KB, 956x904
>>281701
>>281724
>>
>>281914
>>281724
>>281701
>>281617
>>281689

the fuck are you guys memeing about
>>
>>282165
>that pic

That was a fun thread.
>>
Look at modern gang structure and cross apply. Hence Last Kings, yadda yadda yadda.
>>
>>282275
[A moment of disjoint, as confusion settles into itself]
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.