[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ANCIENT CIVILIZATION STRUCTURES THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 9
File: megaliths-in-russia2.jpg (87 KB, 660x391) Image search: [Google]
megaliths-in-russia2.jpg
87 KB, 660x391
We discuss unsolved mysteries surrounding structures of ancient civilizations which possibly predate everything we know.

I start:

>Göbekli Tepe is an archaeological site at the top of a mountain ridge in the Southeastern Anatolia Region of Turkey

>The tell includes two phases of ritual use dating back to the 10th-8th millennium BCE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe
>>
File: kazakhstan-geoglyph.jpg (204 KB, 984x684) Image search: [Google]
kazakhstan-geoglyph.jpg
204 KB, 984x684
The newly discovered huge geoglyphs are really interesting:

Looks like a swastika

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kazakhstan-geoglyphs-solving-mystery-huge-structures-created-by-ancient-unknown-civilization-1517179
>>
>>28194
What is it with ancient cultures and making large structures or changing the landscape to make figures visible from the air?
>>
File: bishituninscription.jpg (554 KB, 1650x1082) Image search: [Google]
bishituninscription.jpg
554 KB, 1650x1082
>>28564
A lot of them thought the gods were above them.

The Bisitun inscription by Darius the Great of Persia is built into a cliff-side and details how he opposed the deceivers who had tried to seize the throne previously, his language is clearly in line with Zoroastrian thinking about the constant competition between dark and good and how his triumph over the "liars" is part of it. It's huge, but it isn't meant for mortals to read.
>>
File: 1364338364684.jpg (136 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1364338364684.jpg
136 KB, 960x640
I'm not trying to sell his book, just showing you guys what this thing is about, and letting you know it's really fun to read. Like Isaid earlier in the thread too, I'm no expert on this stuff, so I can't vouch for how accurate all his material is but it seemed on the level to me I think.

>Hancock takes us on a global tour of the legends and myths of the world, collating their common threads and scientific evidence to compose a credible theory that an advanced civilization once flourished on earth but was extinguished at the end of the last ice age. All that remains of this antediluvian culture are the "fingerprints" Hancock identifies in various phenomena that have puzzled mankind throughout recorded history. He reveals strange echoes of a society of navigators and builders that flourished up to about 12 000 years ago, gradually building up a compelling argument for the existence of a prehistorical civilization. By examining phenomena around the world, from the Nazca drawings in Peru to the pyramids of Egypt, he interprets these "fingerprints" as ancient signs, or misunderstood teachings left by our unknown ancestors in order to communicate with modern generations. This, and Hancock's other books like his latest, "Underworld," threatens to overturn conventional explanations of our past and stretch the horizons of our future. Meticulously referenced, and often scientific and technical, "Fingerprints" is consistently captivating because Hancock embroiders the narrative with colorful analogies and travelogue, making it easier to understand his point and leaving the reader impressed by the mysterious patterns he unravels. Lavishly enhanced by photographs and illustrations, the book contains extensive references, a vast bibliography and an index.
>>
>>29618
It sounds fascinating, but in all honesty, is there anything unexplained that his theories do explain? Is there any solid proof?
>>
File: Calendar_4.jpg (75 KB, 621x438) Image search: [Google]
Calendar_4.jpg
75 KB, 621x438
>>28154
I'll shill for "Adams Calendar" in South Africa
>claims to be the oldest, non natural, structure on the planet
>claims to be built from 160,000 to 200,000 BCE!
idk if we can even safely say it was us who built this, it could of been one of those other homos that were walking around SA at the time
>>
>>30828
bump

more of this adams calendar pls
>>
File: Catal-Huyuk-Turkey.jpg (53 KB, 612x300) Image search: [Google]
Catal-Huyuk-Turkey.jpg
53 KB, 612x300
Doesn't look like much, but this is the remains of a house in the city of Catal Huyuk, which has a population of about 15,000 in it's hay day 9500 years ago.

It had a unique layout where all buildings were accessed through the roof. All building were clustered together to form a hive like structure where the combined roof formed a city plaza.
>>
File: catal2.jpg (163 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
catal2.jpg
163 KB, 800x500
>>31817

and here's what it's thought to have looked like back in the day
>>
>>31670
irrc it's one of those ancient star maps like Stonehenge but MUCH older.
One of the biggest problems is that the rocks have became super weathered over time.
idk where to really draw the line for it though, but shit is too organized to be natural
but the sad thing is that it's just too damn old to find out enough about what went into its construction
>>
>>31817
>>31845

And they all died because they didn't know about sanitation.
>>
File: ancient-aliens guy.png (237 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
ancient-aliens guy.png
237 KB, 600x300
>>28154
Bruh
>>
>>31845
It's amazing how there are towns/villages in South America that look just like that to this day.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.