[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of Hark, a vagrant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11
File: wufinal.png (198 KB, 800x682) Image search: [Google]
wufinal.png
198 KB, 800x682
What does /his/ think of Hark, a vagrant?
>>
>>280849
Is that really how it happened
>>
>>280976
yes
>>
I like it.
>>
I like her, though occasionally her political views leak into her comics and I can't say I agree much with what I see.
>>
File: Suffragettesm.png (259 KB, 800x635) Image search: [Google]
Suffragettesm.png
259 KB, 800x635
She's hit and miss, which usually depends on my knowledge of literature and history.
>>
File: jane austen.png (87 KB, 800x402) Image search: [Google]
jane austen.png
87 KB, 800x402
>>283375
I think her comics are cute.
>>
File: juarezsm.png (668 KB, 750x2324) Image search: [Google]
juarezsm.png
668 KB, 750x2324
>>280849
Some of it is pretty good.
>>
I think I want to have her babies.
>>
File: new2015.jpg (162 KB, 700x1583) Image search: [Google]
new2015.jpg
162 KB, 700x1583
Love her.
>>
>>280849
She went to my university, her comics are pretty good

Her view on history is too leftist for me though
>>
>>283660
Yfw I met her
>>
>>280849
They can be pretty funny, and she seems to know her stuff.
>>
Looks leftist.
>>
>>284254
>muh alignment
>>
File: 1437334110863.jpg (1 MB, 3829x1847) Image search: [Google]
1437334110863.jpg
1 MB, 3829x1847
>>284294
I live in a leftist country, full of leftist people, have to hide my political opinions all day, every day. The media is leftist, my professors are leftists, my girlfriend is leftist, my friends are leftists.

So, yes, when for looking entertainment like this webcomic, I try to look for something that is vaguely aligned with my opinions, or even better, completely apolitical.

It's my "safe space" if you will.
>>
File: 1434278052765.png (129 KB, 529x515) Image search: [Google]
1434278052765.png
129 KB, 529x515
>>284377
>I live in a leftist country, full of leftist people, have to hide my political opinions all day, every day. The media is leftist, my professors are leftists, my girlfriend is leftist, my friends are leftists
Maybe if you weren't overly concerned with the political allegiances of people who never spent more than 5 minutes thinking about the issues they discuss, you would be a happier man.
>>
I think she's fucking hilarious, not sure how accurate her stuff is, but she's one of my favorite modern cartoonists.
>>
>>284408
maybe if those people weren't overly concerned with propagating those political beliefs they've never spent more than five minutes thinking about as absolute truth throughout higher education, government, and social media he would also be a happier man
>>
>>284408
You're probably right.

But I live in a country where people love to talk about politics. At least once a day I'm forced to smile and nod and pretend I don't really have an opinion about what is being discussed.
>>
>>284377
>>284408
no he is totally right its annoying to read or watching something that pushes political ideas you don't agree with
>>
>>284536
What country?
>>
>>284587
France.
>>
>>284589
I can hardly believe that.
>>
>>284589
I'm french and my workplace is filled with literal fascists.
>>
>>284602
What do you not believe ? That we love to talk about politics, or that there are a lot of leftists ?

>>284612
Well, I'm a student. And I haven't met even a conservative student yet. But good for you, what is your work ?
>>
>>284589
My m8 was in France and he said relative to here in Ireland they were racist as fuck. At one point he asked
>Would FN kick me out.
And the answer as
>No, because you're white.
>>
>>284589
>be french
>hear everyone talk about politics because it makes them feel smart
>everyone arround is either a spineless leftie, loaded right wing who read Economy for Dummies or FN follower
>all are equally disconnected from reality and only listen to their personnal belief instead of trying to look at the situation
protip : shift the discussion towards soccer. It's not interesting and it's retarded, but at least it's inoffensive and not polarizing.
>>
>>284624
That there are so many 'leftists', whatever that means, that you can not speak your mind.
>>
>>284642
Not him, but the problem today is that the main issues we are facing (unemployment, EU, migration, situation in the Middle East) are completely polarizing and the debate has been overly politized. So you are either in one side or the other. If you are with people from your side, the discussion is a circlejerk, if you are with the opposit side, then you are wrong and a musilm-sympathizer or a nazi depending on what side you appear to be following. Having a position in between and trying to remind people that there is some middle ground is vain.
Try to discuss any other issue and most people won't know jack and give up or try to move the goalpost so they can repeat what the bigger guys have said.
>>
>>284624
I'm a codemonkey, but I don't work for an IT firm.

I'm pretty sure my boss would be reading Hans Herman-Hoppe or something if he had the patience to read a book. Since he doesn't, his political opinions boil down to "get those non-whites out of the country" and "survival of the fittest, you fucking hippies." Most of my coworkers think along the same veins except for those who are simply clueless and one brave soul who holds those ridiculous leftist-environmentalist-conspirationist beliefs (big pharma and modern medicine is evil, vaccine causes autism, fluoride in the water, capitalists trying to build the NWO etc), way too fringe to be mainstream.
>>
>>284642
Have you been on in a very leftist university ? If I told people my opinions about Islam, European Union, immigration, LGBT related stuff, feminism, religion, or any other very controversial topics I would probably lose friends, get into heated arguments that are not worth having, and possibly get into fights.

Hell, the only person other than my parents that knows that I go to mass every Sunday and participate in church life is my girlfriend, and she finds it ridiculous. And the only people I never talk politics with are the people playing vidya online with me, and my rugby teammates.
>>
>>284377
hey man i dont blame you. I personally like my history unpoliticized. I am personalize not sure where i land politicaly anymore.
>>
>>284668
>big pharma isn't evil

There was a fucking anti-depresivant made for children that raised the chane at suicide attempts. The company ignored this and hid it, justice didn't.
>>
>>284662
That sounds like you only associate with retarded people who choose "sides" in political discussion.
It's not a problem with todays society.
The problem is that you are stupid and only talk to stupid people.
>>284727
So you're a closeminded christian racist and a homophobe and you wonder why people don't like you?

What is your opinion about "Islam"?
>>
>>284748
>The problem is that you are stupid and only talk to stupid people.
Point me to some "smart" people then. I haven't met that many, though the few I met that knew how not to take a side were really interesting.
>>
>>284759
They don't normally associate with people like you.
>>
>>284748
>So you're a closeminded christian racist and a homophobe and you wonder why people don't like you?

This is exactly why I don't talk about politics. People like me just fine, and I don't want to lose people I consider as friends.

But now I understand why you couldn't believe that people that are not leftists cannot speak their mind.
>>
>>284748
>someone mentionned the possibility of sympathizing with some right wing ideas
>they must be stupid, there is no other explanation
CQFD
>>
>>284788
>>284779

Do you dream about Adolf at night?
>>
>>284811
Yes. Every night.
Do you dream abour the girl you're afraid to ask out wearing a burka while having sex with your algerian neighbour?
>>
>>284779
That's what I can't believe. If you don't have extreme views on these things, it's your own fault for associating with close minded people.
What kind of "opinion" can you have about Islam or lgbt stuff?
You're a self proclaimed christian. Did these words hurt you in any way?

>>284830
I dream of Muhammads thick brown cock.
>>
File: 13816609812832.gif (302 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
13816609812832.gif
302 KB, 360x240
>>283528
>tfw Mexico would have objectively been a better country if Maximilian hadn't died
>tfw no Mexican Civil War to destroy every glimmer of hope for Mexico
>>
File: ITS.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ITS.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>284748
>So you're a closeminded christian racist and a homophobe and you wonder why people don't like you?
>>
>>284636
>soccer
>not polarizing

heh
>>
>>283759
What is she like?
>>
>>284377
>I live in a leftist country, full of leftist people, have to hide my political opinions all day, every day. The media is leftist, my professors are leftists, my girlfriend is leftist, my friends are leftists.
Where is this dream country you live in?
>>
>>284727

>FN are a rapidly growing party that hold negative views on pretty much all those things you mentioned
>waah waah everybody's a leftist

yeah you just have a persecution complex
>>
File: 1445142920187.png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1445142920187.png
156 KB, 270x270
>>286708
kek
>>
I caught a glimpse of her underwear once at a con when she bent over to pick something up.
Other than that, I think her comics contain interesting presentations of history, although she should always be fact checked
>>
>>280849
She can be funny, although I only read that one compilation of comics she published.
>>
>>283528

Was Maxmillion really that nice?
>>
>>287776
Better than fucking Juarez
>>
>>287798

What'd he do?
>>
>>287822
>What'd he do?
He was a Mexican president, so likely drugs.
>>
>>284923
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>284779
You're free to speak you're mind, you're just not granted legal immunity from the social backlash that comes with generalizing vast swathes of people as degenerates and blaming them for every problem in civilization.
>>
>>284377
>writing style is apolitical but seems intelligent and irreverent
>must be leftist!
and then people wonder why the right wing has the reputation as the uneducated side.
>>
>>288719
>You're free to speak you're mind, you're just not granted legal immunity from the social backlash that comes with generalizing vast swathes of people as degenerates and blaming them for every problem in civilization.
You sure this isn't neo-/pol/?
>>
>>287822
Well, Jaurez being the most bloody-handed murderer of the two, an awful lot.

Jaurez made Robespierre look reasonable and legalistic.
>>
>>286708
Germany.
>>
>>288698
You're not alone, man.

Fuck those leftists who'd burn down everything our ancestors created for us throughout thousands of years of struggle.
>>
File: 1356423248427.gif (903 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1356423248427.gif
903 KB, 300x200
>>284625
>Irish
>white
>>
>>284748
Hello tumblr
>>
>>293403
Hello tumblr my old friend

I've come to trigger you again
>>
>>280849
Xkcd for history buffs
>>
>>283528
So that's what it's from.
>>
>>286708
Sounds like Sweden
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.