[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of Graham Hancock's theories (about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Graham-Hancock.jpg (853 KB, 2008x3008) Image search: [Google]
Graham-Hancock.jpg
853 KB, 2008x3008
What does /his/ think of Graham Hancock's theories (about history and civilisation)?

Is he woo or does he have legit points?
Was there an ancient civilization which got wiped out at the end of the last ice age?
>>
>>278195
Yes. Those 12k year old cities were not planted there by aliens.
>>
>>279117
>12k year old cities

Which? Gobekli Tepe isn't a city. He even argues that all the cities at that time were flooded by sea level rise and are now 400ft under water and that's why we don't have any significant remains of an ancient civilization.
>>
>Was there an ancient civilization which got wiped out at the end of the last ice age?

Nope
</thread>
>>
>>278195
I think they're a crying goddamn shame, because his first book, about the pyramids, is legit interesting and raises some good points, but you can't say that shit to people anymore now because he went full retard for the woobux.
>>
>>278195
I would like see someone refute his points instead of the usual fallacies.
>>
>>279573
Kill yourself you fucking retard.
>>
>>282941
>refute his points
What points does he make?
>>
File: doggerland2.jpg (722 KB, 1962x2005) Image search: [Google]
doggerland2.jpg
722 KB, 1962x2005
He makes really good points and some of the things he says are certainly plausible (there are absolutely gaps in the historical record and large amounts of history lost to geological change, pic related), but then he just loses himself to ridiculous new age pseudoscience garbage and insane conspiracy theories.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 446x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 446x456
broooo mother ayahuasca 420 woah
but memes aside I really like him but his open drug use really discredits him
>>
>>283177
Only to authoritarians.
>>
>>283059
He claims for instance that there are certains patterns on the sphinx I think that could only be created through heavy rainfall, and that this might be an indicator for it being older than previously thought.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.