[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was crucial for a successful coup d'état?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (547 KB, 1305x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
547 KB, 1305x1400
What was crucial for a successful coup d'état?
>>
>>277028
off the top of my head: political leverage; support of the military
>>
>>277028

disarmament of the civil population
>>
>>277051
Or support of a large part of the civil population.
>>
>>277305
Where is the line between putsch and revolution?
>>
Speed and non-intervention of neighboring nations.
>>
>>277028
There needs to be a legit workable plan beyond 'seizing power'
>>
>>277028
an army, take the media, force the parliament.
>>
>>277324
A putsch is just a bunch of drunk Germans/Austrians yelling about schnitzel
>>
>>277028
get support of the mob. Also >>277373 really helps.
>>
It depends
>>
>>277051
>>277305
Napoleon didnt need any of these because after all the changes of government from 1792 to 1799, the population had ceased to care
>>
>>277028

Support of the military and the people.
>>
>>277028

Love this series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrmZMYzl2SE
>>
>>277909

https://youtu.be/td3JcwtyYH0?t=475
>>
>>277028
widespread within the military, at least the officer corp is essential. it doesn't hurt to have police and civilian security apparatus on your side either. once you've got power swiftly implementing media controls and keeping student population on lockdown are good ideas
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.