[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Dog Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: Diogenes-statue-Sinop-enhanced.jpg (156 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Diogenes-statue-Sinop-enhanced.jpg
156 KB, 720x960
Post your favorite stories about based Diogenes of Sinope ITT.
>>
I liked the story where he fucked your mum
>>
DUDE SUNLIGHT LMAO
>>
File: 1446766722009.jpg (245 KB, 1200x881) Image search: [Google]
1446766722009.jpg
245 KB, 1200x881
>>
"when I die, just throw me in the trash"
-Diogenes & frank reynolds

>yfw frank is modern diogenes
>>
>>276163
>Move away from my sunlight you opressive cis scum, i cannot differentiate your father's bones from those of a slave, we're all equal

Reddit: The philosopher
>>
File: 1446387687157.jpg (65 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
1446387687157.jpg
65 KB, 500x453
>>
File: diogenes1.jpg (449 KB, 1280x1032) Image search: [Google]
diogenes1.jpg
449 KB, 1280x1032
>>
>>276207
nice tumblr pic you have there Stacey
>>
>>276215
>Live on the streets
>Still get portrayed as buffed/fit
I doubt Alex could get that close without dry reaching
>>
How did people know about this hobo? What made that king go visit him? I mean obama wont go block some homeless niggers sunlight
>>
>>276433
When you best off in public and throw a plucked chicken at plato, people talk about you m8.
>>
>>276433
>How did people know about this hobo?

Because he was as mad as a march hare and a local celebrity. He was basically antiquity's equivalent to Emperor Norton.
>>
>>276215
"Truly, if I was not Alexander the Great, I would be Diogenes of Sinope."
>>
>>276187
>>276215

>still swole as fuck

Based
>>
File: EE prophet.jpg (271 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
EE prophet.jpg
271 KB, 640x480
Diogones was literally just some fucking loud crazy hobo who with zero inhibition who sometimes had some 2deep4u shit to spout. Those are a fucking dime a dozen in any major city these days, and nobody pays them any mind.

What the fuck happened.

Kind off reminds me how in empire earth, once you advanced to the modern era your prophets would go from dudes in fancy robes to crazy conspiracy nuts
>>
>>276195
But he is right. In death all men are equal
>>
>>276971
Holy shit I haven't played that in years. That's a pretty fun detail.
>>
File: Bernt_Notke_Danse_Macabre.jpg (2 MB, 4370x1006) Image search: [Google]
Bernt_Notke_Danse_Macabre.jpg
2 MB, 4370x1006
>>276195
You're an idiot
>>
DIOGENES NEVER EXISTED, HE WAS INVENTED HUNDREDS OF YEARS AFTER THE FACT BY ROMANS TO PROVIDE A COUNTEREXAMPLE TO THE PHILOSOPHY OF PLATO AND SOCRATES. THERE IS LITERALLY NO EVIDENCE ANYTHING THAT HE SUPPOSEDLY DID EVER HAPPENED, THERE IS PLENTY OF CONTEMPORARY EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST PLATO AND SOCRATES DID EXIST. HE IS LITERALLY A MEME PHILOSOPHER.
>>
>>277223

Can you substantiate those claims? What physical evidence is there for Socrates existence, aside from Platons work?
>>
>>277209
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>277223
This is not how history work you dickwad.
>>
File: diogenes.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
diogenes.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1322
>BTFOing Plato since 412BC
>>
>>277280
Xenephon also writes about him, and he is mentioned in contemporary Greek plays. There is literally no written evidence of Diogenes until hundreds of years after his death.

>>277316
Diogenes is definitely a historical character, but he was invented by others hundreds of years later. Please show me the earliest source/reference to Diogenes and his encounter with Alexander the Great, for example.
>>
>>276440
>>276773
Also worth noting that the population of a city was much smaller then than it is now so it was probably easier to keep track of everyone.
>>
>>277345
>If I were not Alexander, I should wish to be Diogenes
Shouldn't omit his comeback:
"If I were not Diogenes, then I should also wish to be Diogenes."
>>
>>276163
I visited his city (Sinop)
everyone there is related to him
i learned that because of their autistic actions, and party's they voted for.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.