[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/herstory/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12
File: Herstory.jpg (246 KB, 790x244) Image search: [Google]
Herstory.jpg
246 KB, 790x244
ITT: Lets discuss prominent female contribution to herstory! Keep shitposting to a minimum.

THIS WEEK IN HERSTORY

NOV 2nd
On November 2, 1986, Norwegian distance runner Grete Waitz wins her eighth New York City marathon

Nov 3rd
On this day in 1976, Carrie, a horror film starring Sissy Spacek and based on Stephen King’s 1974 best-selling first novel, opens in theaters around the United States.

Nov 4th
On this day in 1842, struggling lawyer Abraham Lincoln marries Mary Anne Todd, a Kentucky native, at her sister’s home in Springfield, Illinois.

Nov 5th
On this day, columns by the 20-year-old Willa Cather begin appearing in the Nebraska State Journal.

On this day in 1977, 31-year-old future President George W. Bush marries 33-year-old Laura Welch at the First United Methodist Church in her hometown of Midland, Texas.

Nov 7th
On this day in 1916, Montana suffragist Jeannette Rankin is elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. She is the first woman in the history of the nation to win a seat in the federal Congress.
BIRTHDAYS:
Paige Hyland (15)
Aishwarya Rai Bachan (42)
Jenny McCarthy (43)
Selma Ergec (36)
>>
File: 1o203.png (34 KB, 100x124) Image search: [Google]
1o203.png
34 KB, 100x124
>>27548

Nice one OP
>>
File: 1406618110071.jpg (47 KB, 584x387) Image search: [Google]
1406618110071.jpg
47 KB, 584x387
>Keep shitposting to a minimum.
>>
>>27548
>Keep shitposting to a minimum

It's kinda hard when thread is about shitposting.
>>
>>27597
>history involving women is shitposting on a history board
>>
File: 1377540758227.gif (1 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1377540758227.gif
1 MB, 360x203
>>27548
>mfw
>>
>>27548
How are most of those "news" great historical achievements?

Is marrying a famous man somehow a great contribution to history, herstory, whatever?
And it's not like that movie was the first movie to ever star a female actress

Really, only that last entry about the female politician is noteworthy
>>
>>27611
You're obviously baiting OP, i don't even know why am i still replying you.
>>
>>27611
You know you'll trigger /pol/mongrels and /r9k/-labia-discussers.

I bet you're one of them, looking for an occassion to slag off women
>>
>>27633
>sports achievements not noteworthy
>political movements not noteworthy
>a famous authors whose works inspire hundreds not noteworthy
>women who support and encourage powerful men not noteworthy

Just admit it you hate women

>>>/r9k/
>>
File: 1862.jpg (30 KB, 299x234) Image search: [Google]
1862.jpg
30 KB, 299x234
>More than 80% of women throughout history were able to reproduce
>Less than 40% of men throughout history were able to reproduce
>mfw history really is more about women than men
>>
>>27633
Do you genuinely think the OP wants to celebrate women?

This thread is about calling women useless, worthless whores who have contributed nothing to humanity.
>>
>>27639
>i hate women and my fragile manhood is threatened
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>27681
Except, you know, creating more humans. Without which no other achievements could come about.

I don't want you to think I'm biased or anything but men been pretty good at destroying humans.
>>
>>27688
You don't even want to talk about women OP. This thread is about more grllpower than actual discussion.
>>
>>27732
I would love to talk about women in history if you faggots would just fuck off back to /r9k/

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>27749
>it's easier to send everyone /r9k/ who doesn't agree with my b8 thread

/b/ is that way.
>>
>>27812
>a thread of women in history is a bait thread on /history/

Just admit you hate women and fuck off to /r9k/

>>>/r9k/
>>
File: skelly.jpg (82 KB, 680x827) Image search: [Google]
skelly.jpg
82 KB, 680x827
>>27548
>feminist history
>on my /his/
triggered

now get out
>>
>>27853
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>27972
>>27841
>>27749
>>27688
>>27658

Gee anon, you are sure eager to discuss women's history. Now i'm convinced this thread is just about shitposting.
>>
>>27972
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>28023
I would love to if it was more then you whom has a chip on their shoulder towards women.
>>
>>27611
A random series of unrelated things that happened on a certain date is more pub trivia than a prompt for historical discussion. This is why everyone thinks you're trolling.
>>
>>27674
History is about men fighting to be in the 40%
>>
>>28097
>random history facts is trolling on a history

confirmed shittiest board

shittier then /v/
>>
>>28123
More like staying home while the others are forced into war.

I find women's history to be fascinating because it's so very different from that of men.
>>
*hertory
>>
>>28129
It would be like rolling over to /pol/ and starting a thread about confucius, hitler, socrates, and george bush because they all took their first shit on the same day or something. There's nowhere to go from there in terms of discussion.
>>
File: Margaret_Hamilton.gif (262 KB, 566x719) Image search: [Google]
Margaret_Hamilton.gif
262 KB, 566x719
>Hamilton's work in the Apollo Guidance Computer software prevented an abort of the Apollo 11 Moon landing: Three minutes before the Lunar lander reached the Moon's surface, several computer alarms were triggered. The computer was overloaded with incoming data, because the rendezvous radar system (not necessary for landing) updated an involuntary counter in the computer, which stole cycles from the computer. Due to its robust architecture, the computer was able to keep running; the Apollo onboard flight software was developed using an asynchronous executive so that higher priority jobs (important for landing) could interrupt lower priority jobs. The fault was attributed to a faulty checklist.
>>
>>28217
>no where to discuss about women in history

>BUT WE CAN TALK ABOUT MEN ALL DAY IN HISTORY

>>/r9k/
>>
File: 1422502246918.jpg (115 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1422502246918.jpg
115 KB, 250x250
God, there's a way to frame gender history that isn't being a trolling shitbag.

I'm not a fan, myself. If a woman was significant, she'd be on the main history curriculum, we shouldn't have to make a new one slanted towards women so she has a better chance to make the cut.
>>
>>28038
On the off chance you're serious, it has nothing to do with women and everything to do with excluding the accomplishments of men simply for being men

If women haven't done many interesting things, that's their fault, not mine
>>
File: equality-1.jpg (73 KB, 800x509) Image search: [Google]
equality-1.jpg
73 KB, 800x509
>women
>doing anything useful other than being baby makers

Oh fuck off!
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>28280
Agreed. There is plenty of discussion of women & women's society in the history curriculum worth discussing. You don't need a separate "herstory" thread - just make discussion threads about the particular historical figures, cultures, etc you want to discuss, and if they're decent, they'll generate conversation.
>>
File: Margaret_Thatcher.png (1 MB, 790x1099) Image search: [Google]
Margaret_Thatcher.png
1 MB, 790x1099
>>28280
We've even got one on the front page; some of the best rulers of Britain were Women.

Then there's this beast.
>>
>>28508
This, I posted her on that thread about favorite British prime ministers, fuck off OP
>>
in july, 1976, caitlyn jenner triumphed over all the odds and won a mens decathlon.

i'm pretty sure this is still the most impressive feat ever accomplished by a woman to this day.

seriously though, why start a thread like this? if you actually wanted to discuss women you would start a thread about joan of arc or marie curie, perhaps attempt to educate people here who don't know much about them.

so i'm going to go ahead and say that you are shitposting too.
>>
File: 1399937218817.png (377 KB, 597x531) Image search: [Google]
1399937218817.png
377 KB, 597x531
>>27674
>mfw the 40% did all the work until now

that explains everything
>>
>>27674
When you think about it, that means that men have been evolving each time.

Each time, the best men have been selected to breed, while the shittiest ones die out. Meanwhile, each time, the average woman breeds, passing on her average genes.
>>
>>29042
More like the ones brave enough to fight in war died, while the shitty betas who stayed at home with the wife survived.
>>
>>27972
why you salty bro?

sage
>>
File: helenclark.jpg (1 MB, 2300x2780) Image search: [Google]
helenclark.jpg
1 MB, 2300x2780
>>28280
>>28508

Meet Helen Clark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Clark

She's kinda liberal now, but she was a tough Prime Minister, and is now the 3rd most powerful person in the UN.
>>
>>29239
>now the 3rd most powerful person in the UN.
that is like placing 3rd in a womans event at the olympics desu, even if you win you are still inferior to men.
>>
this gave me a good hard laugh, thanks
>>
>>29793
Ye but she beat out her male contenders for the position. How many other Prime Ministers have risen to take this role?

Anyway, there are rumours she might be able to go on and take the top position in the UN whenever the next elections are.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.