[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unnecessary celt hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (1 MB, 1044x782) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1044x782
90% of dudes here say the celts were pretty much the Mexicans of Europe and didn't contribute anything, is nobody gonna tell them that the Romans based their armor and helmet designs from the celts? Or the fact that the celts sacked Rome multiple times? What about how they pretty much dominated Europe for a while and were renowned for their ferocity in battle, their one problem was how uncentralized they were which started their downfall
>>
Back to your mine in Cornwall, fucking dirty celt.
>>
File: laff.png (117 KB, 238x351) Image search: [Google]
laff.png
117 KB, 238x351
>>273605
>m-my ancestors are b-better than y-your ancestors
>t-they werent savages, i s-swear
>>
I have no idea why people on 4chan hate celts so much, it's such an obscure thing to hate, you're hating an ethnic group which only existed over a thousand years ago
>>
File: 1441658271334.png (319 KB, 534x388) Image search: [Google]
1441658271334.png
319 KB, 534x388
>>273605
>Or the fact that the celts sacked Rome multiple times?
wow
what a great achievement
they contributed to the decline of one of the greatest european empires to ever grace the earth?
give the celts a fucking medal
>>
Here comes the muh savages Roman fags, I'm not trying to say they weren't as bad as 4chan seems to think, they did have a lot of good qualities and were fairly successful and dominated Europe for a while
>>
You realize I'm referring to Brennus and showing how successful they were in battles?
>>
>>273671
Seeing how the celts are such a numerous and well spread people, its a matter of statistics for some of them to do something of worth.
However, as a whole, and in the grand scheme of things, they didnt amount to much.
>>
File: Radanhaenger-edited.jpg (61 KB, 629x416) Image search: [Google]
Radanhaenger-edited.jpg
61 KB, 629x416
this
>>273650

This is the typical retard who attacks Celts, he doesn't know his head from his arse.

Fucking plebs who only know of Rome and Greece.
>>
/pol/ has made people obsessed with "civilization" and sucking the dick of anyone who had a high level of "civilization" and shitting on anyone who didn't.
>>
File: EtruscanWallPaintings.jpg (80 KB, 702x323) Image search: [Google]
EtruscanWallPaintings.jpg
80 KB, 702x323
>>273706
The Celts and Etruscans were the people that brought Iron and the Alphabet to Italy.

pic related what real Italians look like.

Celts founded Milan around 600BC and it was only added to the Roman Republic in 200BC.
>>
Hey Verti
>>
>>273605
>Or the fact that the celts sacked Rome multiple times?
Yeah when Rome was a fucking village in the middle of titfuck. Splendid job, meanwhile the Romans and the Germanics completely erased your shit from the European mainland.
>>
If the celts were so great, where are they now? :^)
>>
>>273790
Where are anyone from that period? Only the Franks can claim continuity, but even they were only feudal Lords over Gallo-Romano people.
>>
File: 1441917853275.png (174 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1441917853275.png
174 KB, 400x300
>>273744
You still haven't provided a counterpoint.
Rome and Greece are 100 times better than whatever the fuck Celts got up to seeing as those civilizations left massive cultural legacies.

>m-muh warriors
There's more to civilization than destruction and bloodshed, yeah the celts could kill people but who do people remember nowadays? Because it sure as fuck ain't them.
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (51 KB, 685x567) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
51 KB, 685x567
>>273820
You dumb faggot, the Celts fought with Rome before it became an Empire.
>>
>>273636
It's banter, and OP is incapable of it.
>>
>>273825
fuck off celtnigger, please tell me about the legacy of the celts, what do most people remember them for? Nothing besides fighting naked?

Like I said, civlization is more than tribal nigger fighting and chest thumping.
>>
File: brennuss.jpg (958 KB, 2056x2888) Image search: [Google]
brennuss.jpg
958 KB, 2056x2888
>>273850
>Nothing besides fighting naked?
Notice the sword and Spear.

See >>272625
>>
>>273871
Let me reiterate that
>what do most people remember them for? Nothing besides fighting naked?
that's literally their legacy, even if they fought with armor and weapons it doesn't really matter seeing as the popular image of a celt is a naked savage, now contrast this with the popular image of a roman or greek.
>>
>>273605
>the celts sacked Rome multiple times
Brennus and when else?
>>
>>273879
So they're general ignorance, this is a history board, anyone who studies history isn't generally ignorant, so hence your point and argument are moot, so go fuck yourself, I shall not respond to general ignorance.
>>
>>273902
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
THE CELTS LEFT BEHIND A SHIT DISTORTED LEGACY, THAT WAS MY WHOLE FUCKING POINT

It doesn't matter if it's ignorance, the celtic legacy does not compare at all to the roman or greek legacy today. Which proves they are truly the Mexicans of Europe.
>>
>>273850
>most people
Most people don't know shit about history in general anyhow so what does it matter? As if historical legacy is defined by what the average moron can remember. Its based on the influence it had on world history as a whole.

In the case of the Celts, they forced the Romans to change from hoplites to more adaptable swordsmen as their primary warriors. The obvious influence of this is pretty huge unless you're an utter retard.
>>
File: HughONeill2.jpg (108 KB, 459x660) Image search: [Google]
HughONeill2.jpg
108 KB, 459x660
>>273605
butthurt faggots can't handle our swag
>>
>>273879
>the popular image of a roman or greek
Naked bisexual pedophiles
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.