[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are you supposed to overcome nihilism? The more philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 1433725769399.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1433725769399.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
How are you supposed to overcome nihilism? The more philosophy I read, the more clear it becomes that power is the only thing that matters - power is the only "right". That means that nothing that ever happens can be wrong, because it was powerful enough to occur. Everything morally justifies itself by having occurred. Any other kind of morals is just a lie, an arbitrary way to force emotional investment in the world, and I can't buy into it. I can't fight for any cause, or care for any ideology. I can only watch as others struggle for dominance. I don't even care if European culture is committing suicide or whatever. Whoever wins deserved to win.
>>
>murder is just because it occurs
ok
>>
Going through the nihilism phase I see
>>
>>273316
The hormonal changes you'll experience when you turn 18 should help balance things out.
>>
Just do whatever you want man. Be sure to remember that even though laws are bullshit, law enforcement isn't and cooperation is generally more useful than individual efforts, even if it sometimes limits your range of action.
>>
>>273316
>How are you supposed to overcome nihilism?
Leap of faith! It's the only way to overcome the despair of infinitude. It changed my life. My friend Johannes Climacus did it twice!
>>
Recognize that you have a limited understand of the world and reality and that there may be forces beyond your comprehension.
>>
>>273316

you're in the "I have a really shitty understanding of nihilism" stage of learning nihilism.
>>
>>273425
How do I get to the next stage of learning nihilism? Or more importantly, how do I get past it altogether? Is it really just a leap of faith?
>>
File: mabRf.jpg (513 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
mabRf.jpg
513 KB, 2048x1366
Another good option that isn't listed is Stoism. Key Text: Meditations, Discourses
>>
>>273329
Haha thats a funny meme friendo! The nihilists are edgy teens mene, what a classic!
>>
>>273447

Join the Peace Corps. Or just blow a homeless dude. You'll get it one way or the other.
>>
Generally speaking, it's good to remember that regardless of what you believe, you're probably wrong or unable to grasp the whole picture. Which is itself perhaps more frightening than being powerless. It can be liberating at the same time, though.

Just try not to get overwhelmed by the complexity of things. Functionally, reality is more simple than it appears. Things happen as they "should", but there's some wiggle room. So think less about what is deserved, justified, and moral, and more about what is important to the ongoing experience of your reality - which, it seems, currently, is the grappling with an oppressive philosophy you've constructed and causes you much internal turmoil. Clearly you don't like it so much. You have seen some fallacy within it, something that turns your stomach, even if you do not yet know how to articulate it. Don't give up on it.
>>
>>273316
If you are feeling nihilistic let me direct you do the Based God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zJa6FB5crk

Lil B has overcome the limits of the world and brought art to a higher plane. You too can live life to the max and maximize your fun and meaning by being based.
>>
File: 1374006674488.gif (313 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1374006674488.gif
313 KB, 500x380
>>276292

aaaa TYBG

https://youtu.be/jLY9VQNObgc
>>
>>273316
>I can't fight for any cause, or care for any ideology.
Your capitulation is an ideology in itself, that "won" over you, so to speak. You can say things are deserved by virtue of their having occurred, but realize your discontent, your seeking an alternative, has also occurred, and is thus also indicative of some kind of worthiness.
>>
File: 1421882261009.png (363 KB, 2016x1584) Image search: [Google]
1421882261009.png
363 KB, 2016x1584
>>273316
with the dhamma
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.