[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Carthage apologists got BTFO? http://ww
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: centaur2.jpg (120 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
centaur2.jpg
120 KB, 650x488
Where were you when Carthage apologists got BTFO?

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2014-01-23-ancient-carthaginians-really-did-sacrifice-their-children
>>
Carthago delenda est

Cato was right
>>
>Carthage sacrificed their children
>Greeks were gay as fuck
>Romans were Greekophile and practiced their own gay love
>>
They were right in sacrificing children, they actually haven't sacrificed ENOUGH children. That's why they lost those fucking wars.
>>
They practiced infanticide. Ok.

they also had a great library and built a great civilization that was on par with the Romans and Greeks. Aristotle thought that Carthage was one of the greatest polis in the Ancient World in his Politics, and praised their government highly. Greek philosophers, scientists, travelers, etc. referenced Carthaginian counterparts.

much of that history was completely destroyed by Rome. Not worth it just because they had a barbaric custom.
>>
>>272866
That's why we love history, the inspirational power of traditional values!
>>
>>272880
Literal Carthage apologist
The Romans were right to salt the earth
>>
>>272866
>EVERYONE WAS A FUCKING DEGENERATE
>EVERYONE

Guess it's time to support the Han or something.
>>
>>272891
Fuck off you conservitard
>>
File: john green.jpg (20 KB, 320x486) Image search: [Google]
john green.jpg
20 KB, 320x486
>>272866
And you guys called you-know-who crazy when he said we'll be better with the persians.
>>
File: Bacchus.jpg (76 KB, 452x298) Image search: [Google]
Bacchus.jpg
76 KB, 452x298
No different to the 40 million abortions in America, I would say modern abortions are worse, sacrificed fetus' to the gods of drunkenness and debauchery.
>>
>>272909
Fuck off you conservitard
>>
>>272909
This desu.

>killing a kid 5 minutes after birth is horrible infanticide and genocide
>killing a kid 5 minutes before birth is woman's choice :^)
>>
>>272892
I literally am one. With that being said, I think that the Romans never salted the earth. I think that's a myth since North Africa was pretty productive for them.

I still think the Phoenicians built a pretty impressive civilization and it's unfortunate that much of that history is lost.
>>
>>272920
No one kills fetuses that late
Anyway this isn't /pol/, fuck off back there if you wanna talk about this
>>
>>272920
>killing a kid 5 minutes before birth is woman's choice :^)
Is that a deliberate strawman or are you just stupid?
>>
Carthage was summoning demons.

Mars wasn't going to have competition so he blessed the perky young Romans to be his champions.

The age of Aries was when Mars meddled most in the affairs of men.
>>
>>272936
It's /pol/ so both.
>>
>>272983
>>272936

> Pro Life
> Pro Murder

Choose one faggots.
>>
>>272855
SALT THE EARTH

PUNIC WAR NOW
>>
>>273004
murder mean to kill a human. a fetus is not a 'human' until late in the pregnancy or whenever the earliest premature birth is that lived lel (which btw premature birth babies aren't the healthiest). don't give me that "every person has a soul :^) shit either"
>>
>>273114
>a fetus is not a 'human'
Well neither is a woman but we don't go around killing them.
>>
>>273126
I don't have a fedora big enough for you
>>
>>273126
>Women aren't human
Epic simply epic.
>>
File: fedora medieval.jpg (18 KB, 218x237) Image search: [Google]
fedora medieval.jpg
18 KB, 218x237
>>273126
>>
>>273126
Has the quality of /his/ declined this much so fast, or am I already being nostalgic? I swear thread quality was much higher only a week or two ago.
>>
>>273177
>>273180
>>273184
triggered hard
>>
>>273199
Don't forget kids, you can completely dismiss people calling you an idiot just by saying "triggered"
>>
File: 1441338807251.jpg (69 KB, 610x960) Image search: [Google]
1441338807251.jpg
69 KB, 610x960
>>273177
>>273180
>>273184
>>
>>273208
you got triggered by a dumb post

face it, you're easily triggered
>>
>>273231
>It's not shitposting, it's IRONIC shitposting :^)
>>
there is literally nothing wrong in sacrificing children
>>
>>273177
>>273180
>>273184
>getting b8 so easily

Jesus Christ, why is /his/ so thick skinned?
>>
>>273242
Or fucking them , while we're at it.
>>
File: 1439796659852.png (451 KB, 554x692) Image search: [Google]
1439796659852.png
451 KB, 554x692
DINDU NUFFIN NO MORE
>>
Carthago delenda est

IUPPITER VULT
>>
>>273242
we already do it in the millions to unborn children so why would doing it to born children be any worse
>>
>>272892
>salt the earth
That never happened, its a story that started in the Middle Ages. Not a single contemporary source mentions it.
It was a major city for Rome and later, the Vandal capital.
>>
>>272897
>Foot binding
>>
>>273523
City was razed to the ground tho
Also the Roman Carthage wasn't in the same place where the original city was
>>
>>273582
Who gives a shit? It was a fad, people have been doing retarded shit over fads for centuries. Besides:
>foot binding
>Han Dynasty
>The general consensus is that the practice [foot binding] is likely to have originated from the time of Emperor Li Yu (Southern Tang of the Ten Kingdoms, just before the Song dynasty).[1]
>Li Yu
>Reign: summer 961 – 1 January 976
>>
>>273602
pretty sure it was.
>>
>>272897
Only right choice

>>272907
Persians would have been fine if they weren't retards that couldn't properly empire or properly fight.
>>
What was the real point of the Third Punic War? Carthage was reduced to just a small piece of land in North Africa. Rome already took all of its holdings in Spain and in the Mediterranean. Was Rome just being a bully?
>>
>>273752
>What was the real point of the Third Punic War?
Destroying Carthage once and for all

I honestly thought that was pretty clear

>Was Rome just being a bully?
Basically yes

Should have just directly annexed it tbqhfam
>>
>>273752
Cato went to Carthage and saw that it had recovered economically from the indemnity Rome had charged her to pay. Since the Carthaginians relied on mercenaries for war a large territory wasn't really necessary for them to be a threat, they only needed competent leadership and money and now had both once again.

However I too think that Carthage would have been better served becoming a Roman province peacefully in the style of Pergamum.
>>
>>273195
the only good threads were literally within the first 24 hours of this board's opening
>>
>>272920
>"kill" a "kid" while it's a fucking zygote
>think of da chirin omg dat kid could have invented the cure for AIDS
>>
>>273602
I never said it wasn't razed just not salted, and they originally tried setting up a NA colony, but that failed so they rebuilt Carthage. That was how the Vandals got their hands on it.
>>
>>272845
They found pits of dead babies. But that apparently wasn't proof for some. Anyone have an actual link to the journal? The article is basically "yeah, they totally did it" repeated over and over without any of the new evidence that changed the minds of the skeptics
>>
>>273752
Carthage was so great that not even two devastating defeats could stop them from being economically prosperous. Rome was super jealous so they opted to burn it to the ground.
>>
>carthage sacrificed babies
>repeatedly managed to amass incredible wealth through economic prosperity
when it works, it works.
>>
>be American
>the core issue of abortion is whether the fetus is considered a human being
>>
File: crucifixion cartoon.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
crucifixion cartoon.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
ALRIGHT CARTHAGINIANS, STEP RIGHT UP
>>
R O M A
O L I M
M I L O
A M O R
>>
>>275233
ON APRIL 19TH, I MADE BREAD
>>
>>272845
>overwhelming evidence that is not mentioned
>entire article is just hot air
>>
>>275244
WEEP YOU GIRLS. MY PENIS HAS GIVEN YOU UP. NOW IT PENETRATES MEN'S BEHINDS. GOODBYE WONDROUS FEMININITY !
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.