[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How were your history teachers back in school, /his/? Were they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 22
File: history_teacher.jpg (249 KB, 962x980) Image search: [Google]
history_teacher.jpg
249 KB, 962x980
How were your history teachers back in school, /his/? Were they cool and helped in developing your interest in history or were they complete shit?

I remember mine, he had a wicked sense of humour. He'd always wave his arms around, going completely mental. Especially when someone answered with a stupid answer to his questions. Died from cancer in 2011
>>
I had a few, they were very good, I owe a lot to them.

One of them just died last week :'(((
>>
Mine was a bit weird. He was about 50 and spoke to us as we were 9 year olds. I love how he compared the relationship between France and Germany in the 19th century as two kids in the school yard.
>>
>>272593

Pretty bad, by and large, to be honest.

I learned maybe 95% of my historical knowledge by getting into some wargame, then reading up about the period.
>>
>>272593
>I remember mine, he had a wicked sense of humour. He'd always wave his arms around, going completely mental. Especially when someone answered with a stupid answer to his questions. Died from cancer in 2011
Are you french?
>>
>>272604
Mine compared the Cold war to two teenage girls who hate each other, but instead of physically fighting they just bitch about each other. He also compared the scottish economy during WW1 to an unwell dinosaur on a rollercoaster.
>>
Some were good, some were bad. One guy was unashamedly biased (everyone thought he was gay too) and skewed the class to his tastes. Another one visibly hated his life and pushed that hate on his students.

My AP politics teacher was awesome though.
>>
One of my favorite history teachers was my 8th grade one. I saw him again in my senior year of high school when i was doing community service work at a house that George Washington stayed at for a period of time. At the time we had a display set up with all sorts of inventions and things from around Washington's time (I use this term loosely, because it was a display for kids), and one of them was the toilet. My 8th grade history teacher came through, completely bypassed everything, and then did a double take. He then proceeded to come back and ask me all sorts of questions about the toilet alone, despite the dozen other inventions in the display.
And that was the last time I saw him.
Best teacher ever.
>>
>>272593
All great guys and overall probably the most liked teachers on the entire high school.
>>
>>272593
I had an AP European History teacher who had a degree in Russian history. He could list all the czars by name, in order. He claims to have cried when Yeltsin handed power over to Putin. He also taught AP Government and Politics, and dressed up as George Washington one day.
>>
My AP US history teacher in 10th grade gave me a "B-/C+" on my final paper about the Weather Underground. He said it was because my citations weren't correct but I really think it was because he liked the old SDS and was too whitebread to join in while he was at Columbia.
>>
My history professor in college is really cute. Just passing her on the street I wouldn't look twice, but hearing her talk about history... Hhhhnnnnnggggg
>>
Horrible, no interaction with students at all, just read dry facts from a history book or some off-topic shit about her life. You had to read stuff on your own if you wanted to figure out what the fuck is that old cunt talking about.
>>
I remember being impressed by one in high school. One of the very few teachers that I can remember his name. He was very insistent we write a 'long' term paper for the class (as prep. for university) which was actually very helpful. IIRC he was really into FDR and the Clash, which is most of what I can remember.

Took quite a few history classes in university, but only one teacher do I vaguely remember for being sorta' charismatic. Think he taught US history or something. I also remember one goon who taught 'classical history' which I took as an (I thought) easy elective but ended up failing because it wasn't actually 'history' (which I pretty much known all of already) but mythology which my brain just can't latch onto (who fucking cares was god was married to what other god and who had what magic hammer or whatever stupid shit). One class that guy came dressed in some costume (forget what). Fucking hated that dumb class.
>>
>>272885
>not knowing about Thor
>>
>>272593
US here. Had a string of geography and history teachers that parroted bad information

>all the greeks could grow is olives, so they invented boats to find other stuff to eat
>assigning morality to Rome
>nothing about eastern empires
>one said that constantinople fell in 1220
>another 1100

Basically the formula for history is

Revolution>civil war civil war civil war>slavery slavery slavery>no ww1>minor notes about ww2>holocaust holocaust holocaust holocaust holocaust>the 80s
>>
My AP European History teacher was awesome. Always was respectful to everyone and had the driest sense of humor. He taught the criminal justice course too, and took us on a trip to the federal court house.

>tfw he stayed at the school long after it became shit because he loved teaching so much
>>
Meh desu. She was decent at presenting notes, but you could tell it was her first time teaching an AP class. She also couldn't pronounce anything.
>>
I had several of them. They were all typical Brazilian history teachers, very left wing and over the top. History used to be my favourite subject, but over time I got tired of it. Reading international and Brazilian history kinda lost its appeal after so many years.
>>
>>275058
You must be talking about Mr. Pampalone?!
>>
>>272802
same here
she gave marks like candy so it was all good.
>>
Not history related, but in my freshman year my English teacher called Scots gaelic while we were talking about how Of Mice and Men got its name.

It triggered my autism.
>>
File: WarrenMottHigh.jpg (176 KB, 1295x1347) Image search: [Google]
WarrenMottHigh.jpg
176 KB, 1295x1347
>>272593
>How were your history teachers back in school, /his/?

Class of 1986 here and none of my history teachers (they were all "social studies" teachers back then) were memorable except for Jack December, who also taught government.

His "teaching method" was for the class to sit silently and read the chapter for the day, then write out and answer the questions at the end of the chapter, while he literally put his feet up on his desk and read the fucking newspaper...

Not surprisingly, the lazy piece of shit repeatedly ran for city council also, though I don't remember him ever winning a seat.
>>
File: image.png (124 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124 KB, 500x343
>>272593
I enjoyed mine. He preferred talking about his hippy adventures with his pal 'Surge.' The teacher was a complete guido type from goodfellas. He drove a red camaro and always managed to get the best parking spot. He once ordered a pie of pizza to the classroom, for himself. However, he was a good teacher.
>>
I had some really good middle school history teachers
one of which was fucking hot as fuck goddamn
my history teachers in high school were bros except for two of them, one was your typical libtard and the other one was just a bitch
>>
>>272593
I had a US history 1776-1865 teacher who is a big Rand Paul fan, totally in love with the constitution. The annoying part of his class was that it had barely anything to do with early American history. He hijacked the class into a constitution class where we researched US supreme court case studies on the bill of rights. I was so disappointed with the class I was expecting to learn actual historical events and how it shaped the United States.

Also I couldn't simply drop out because it was the only US history class that fitted my schedule.
>>
My history teacher was extremely flamboyant and wore purple every day. I found him to be very good, although he'd punish the class with dictation if they were rowdy.
>>
Crazy man hating feminist

We were constantly told how evil men are.
>>
File: 1447262824150.jpg (78 KB, 592x554) Image search: [Google]
1447262824150.jpg
78 KB, 592x554
>Refers to the allies as good guys and bad guys
>Muh holocaust
> Makes us watch both national treasure movies
>Makes us watch shitty debunked to hell 9/11 documentary
>Overall southern christian sheep
>fiscal democrat kek
>moral/social republican kek
>Honors history class
He was aight
>>
File: 1414864302237[1].jpg (31 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1414864302237[1].jpg
31 KB, 251x242
>>272593
My male teachers were always good especially civics. Female teachers I had always pushed the angle of patriarchal societies and the injustice women faced. I'm black and I once argued that in Americas history women haven't had it as hard as blacks, I said how women have never been enslaved other than maybe prostitution. She was making some bullshit stories about women being "enslaved" to their husbands and the pressure of society on them to make babies was some how comparable to literal pillaging, kidnapping, murder, rape. Not even a lefty dindu I just felt like arguing against her, "muh female struggle"
>>
>>275438
Didn't mention it but the entire class was on my side and gave her shit for it. I remember getting pats on the back while leaving the room fucking brainwashed kids all felt guilty.
>>
Some were cool and knew their shit, others were only teachers because they partied too hard in college. In uni I my middle eastern professor was this guy from Palestine who I traded an ounce of hash for an A. Pretty cool guy.
>>
I've only had one truly bad history teacher I can think of, he was a balding loser who kept transparently flirting with the girls in the class and barely taught anything.

Aside from that they're pretty much the reason I'm interested in history, my 7th grade teacher gave me a copy of CivIII because I was good at answering questions in his class.
>>
Most of mine have been pretty great. Aside from 8th and 11th grades, 8th wasn't bad per se but she wasn't good either and 11th was just terrible I skipped her class so many times.

6th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade, 12th grade were all pretty god tier. Had a lot of actual discussions about history, and they weren't teaching me bullshit either.

In college I had to take 2 humanities for electives, one of them was pretty good it was about 'western culture' from the 14th century onward. The other was kind of meh, we had a feminist professor and she and I had many heated arguments.

Haven't had any other classes after that.
>>
>>272609
This

Was in AP World. It was literally John Green the class. She was a rabid feminist (she did contain it well, but you could see it poke out every now and then) and taught the classic "muh eurocentracism" view. Imagine hearing all the memes about Medieval Europe, then having a class of idiots who believe this shit and have the argumentative skills of a five year old. It was shit, I've ranted on /int/ about it before. Literally everyone was a STEMfag and believed reddit tier shit about the field and how they would "advance humanity." Of course they denounced literature, history, and the humanities as useless. We read The Scarlet Letter in AP Eng and I was literally the only one who enjoyed it. One bitch was ranting on about how it was failing to "convey a message" because she couldn't understand early modern english.

I fucking hated high school
>>
>>272593

I had a middle school history teacher that was an insane fascist. He had a system of collective punishment wherein he would make an entire class write copies of a poem about how geese have to work as a collective unit or they all fail. If anyone messed up a line in the poem, or his handwriting wasn't legible enough he would make us collectively do it again. He also had a ton of crazy knick knacks that had actual historical relevance, like a chunk of the Berlin wall, and a globe that had all of Yugoslavia still as one country, but not the soviet union.
>>
>>275615
>couldn't understand early modern english.
The fact that people can't understand Early Modern English is scary to me, especially since it's almost literally the same language we speak now, in spelling at least.
>>
File: 1447544085712.png (124 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1447544085712.png
124 KB, 500x333
My 10th grade world history teacher was clueless but she tried her best and was sweet. Don't hold anything against her.

My 11th grade US history teacher was, at risk of sounding like a stormfag, Kill Whitey: the educator.
>>
My year 9 history teacher was the best teacher I have ever had. The class I was in wasn't one of the top classes and a good half of the kids in it weren't the kind you would expect to get good marks but by the end of the year, the majority of the people in the class had better marks than a lot of the kids in the top class (I ended up with 100% on my final exam).
He was really unbiased and was able to explain the ins and outs of WW1 and its aftermath clearly, I also recall him stating that he used to be good friends with a 90odd year old German ww1 veteran.
The class was never unruly because he easily BTFO'ed anyone that tried to talk smack, he was also fairly red pilled and often talked about how crazy the tumblr ilk are. I remember one of my friends telling me that when he was asked who his favorite student was, he replied with me.

If you're reading this Slevin, you're a top bloke.
>>
>>272593
The one I had in primary was a fucking useless piece of shit, bad teacher all around.
The one in middle school was a horrid sjw with godawful control upon the class so her lessons pretty much were anarchy.
The two in high school were fucking excellent and very good. I wonder if that was because they also taught philosophy instead of literature.
>>
I don't even know if my history teachers even knew anything about history.
Or what they where teaching.
I was mostly just sleeping in class, reading the chapter in the book and during the tests I would write two sentences with the right answers in it per question and the rest just bullshit, giving me high grades.
>>
>>275657
>The class was never unruly because he easily BTFO'ed anyone that tried to talk smack
These are the best teachers, they completely ruin the loud kids' class rep and keep the class engaged. I remember my 3rd year high school philo teacher went a step further: he smack talked students he liked when he saw them unengaged, to make them partecipate. This always led to the most hilarious and (verbally) bloody exchanges I've ever, EVER heard between him and a particularly lazy but remarkably smart buddy of mine.
>>
>>272593
Almost all of them were p. cool except for the Catholic Priest that taught local history (I'm a Flip)

But that was because his lectures are pretty matter of fact, and he is still cool since he knows Classical Greek & Latin, and Classical Chinese. His interests is pretty much Catholicism in East Asia (China in particular), hence his language education
>>
>>276374
Oh and one of them was p. cute
>>
>>272593
Mostly mediocre, but my government teacher was fantastic.

Really, the best history teacher I ever had was in 7th grade. He believed in me when no one else, including myself, would, and he animated history in a way nobody had done for me before. He made sure all the kids, even the stupid public school gangbangers in training, got involved, too. He made us all do this song and dance that recapitulated the history of Western civilization starting with Greece, and everytime we learned something new, we added a little bit to the song until we reached the Enlightenment.
>>
>>276403
Forgot the related pic. Really, I have no idea what my relationship with academics and authority would be like if it wasn't for that guy.

Ran into him downtown recently, and I don't think he really remembered me. That's alright, though. He taught me and ninety other kids that year, and that year was fucking years ago; he probably taught and inspired a thousand other names in those years alone.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 510x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 510x383
>>276425
Holy shit, how did I forget it twice. I'm losing my mind.
>>
>>272593
Shit and turned me off history.

Learnt more from horrible history and Steve Beastie cross sections before giving up and coming back to his in my 20s
>>
>>272593
>he had a wicked sense of humour. He'd always wave his arms around, going completely mental.
If not complete shit, most history teachers are like this. Either pushing their bullshit agenda, or completely infatuated with their own field of study.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 318x155) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 318x155
Didn't really have a specific teacher for history in elementary, but I'm grateful for all of them putting up with all of my questions and engaging me

Middle school was aight, had this Christian guy from India, cool guy but a little off his rocker

High school was fucking tits. Had this old narcotics detective for world history 1, mr. raggo, always knew how to deal with trouble makers, made a big deal about 'cultural diffusion' and will always be remembered for that phrase. Didn't get mad when I pronounced Niger as Nigger.

World History 2 was this buff mother fucker. Cool guy but very progressive and loved Guns Germs and Steel, choked us with that shit. Lost his trust and respect when I lied about an assignment

American history and later politics was the man. He got everyone engaged and was almost like a friend. Loved Reagan, but was pretty moderate, taught actual history and pointed out bullshit. Looked and sounded exactly like that YouTube lifting guy who makes a video every month and is fucking hysterical, a guido type guy.

University is amazing. I've had so many fantastic history professors but the two that stand out are Professor Lisa Keller and Renqiu Yu.

Keller taught me western civ and women's history, typical lib but she didn't put up with bullshit excuses and shit all over "RAEP KULTR!!!" Responses to questions totally unrelated.

Yu has been my East Asian studies prof and inspired me to take east Asia as my area of interest. Born and raised in china during cultural revolution, has seen a lot. Also what I would call the ideal Confucian educator, takes his work very seriously and cares about his students.
>>
File: Derailed-German-Train.jpg (149 KB, 1060x676) Image search: [Google]
Derailed-German-Train.jpg
149 KB, 1060x676
Learned about ancient Egypt and the Saxons in my infancy.

Went to private school where the history teachers were pretty great, lots of excellent teaching of Peasant's Revolt, Zulu War, 20th century American, Chinese and Russian history, the First World War etc. One of the history teachers took a keen interest in my future and helped give me some drive.

Went to sixth form college where I focused on the humanities side, History teachers were somewhat good (did Nazi Germany, the British Raj etc.) but the Classics teachers were phenomenal and probably the greatest teachers i've ever had. One was a cool guy in his mid-30s who taught us the Aeneid and the Roman side of things, with a strange, hypnotic use of idioms and metaphors which helped us learn everything. He was the nicest and most caring teacher out there, despite living on his friend's sofa. The other teacher was a fantastic and mad old cow who taught Homer, the tragedies etc. Both of them were absolutely god tier and made me decide to focus on Ancient History.

The Ancient History lecturers at university were all pretty great, with some of them being nutty but still capable of teaching and having stimulating intellectual discussion. Thankfully it seemed to be one of the few parts of academia where fanatical liberalism and SJWism has failed to spread, so revisionist ideas were not used to try and indoctrinate everybody. One lecturer who eventually helped me with my dissertation, who was a massive railfan, started all off his lectures of Roman military history with analogous images of trains. e.g. Domitian's campaign into Germany compared with pic related.
>>
>>272593
Mr Gascoyne was GOAT, made history my favourite subject by far. Then Ms Mehaffey fucked it all up by being the dullest teacher in existence. Hence me not doing history at uni.
>>
>>272593
Sounds just like my teacher, Mr Singleton. What a guy, hope he's ok...
>>
Mine was a 40-50 yo single guy (probably a virgin too) who still lived with his mother, he would also fall into sudden fits of rage and get angry at certain students for no apparent reason. Overall he was pretty good and knowledgeable though and even had something vaguely resembling charisma even though he was as close to a basement-dwelling neckbeard as a history teacher can be.
>>
I went to a prissy international private school and my history teacher was visibly disgusted with me all the time because for the first two years of it I wore edgy punk clothing and had my hair in kind of a Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver mohawk except longer (didn't gel it up or dye it rainbow colors or any such shit though). He lightened up a bit when I was once able to strike up a conversation with him about our favorite historians and he realized I was twice as interested in the class as everybody else. He always graded my essays extremely roughly and not even as some attempt to show tough love or some shit, but it ended up improving my writing a lot anyway. He was also my college counselor and my last ever conversation with him was me telling him I got in and that I felt really lucky, he gave me a shit-eating smug grin and told me "you should." and drove off in his stupid shitty sports car presumably to bang a bunch of girls at graduation parties. He also obsessively collected old magazines and kept wandering into the art room while I had class to try and talk to the art teacher (who clearly did not give a shit) about them.

He was a British Ameriboo with a lot of neo-con leanings, which pissed off a lot of the class (all of the girls had crushes on him for some reason though). He outright said once that America should become an empire and defended the Iraq War on many occasions, and parroted a lot of Niall Ferguson stuff. God I miss him.
>>
File: 1334502149152.jpg (69 KB, 516x550) Image search: [Google]
1334502149152.jpg
69 KB, 516x550
>>275415
>>Makes us watch both national treasure movies
>>
File: new edition.png (1 MB, 962x722) Image search: [Google]
new edition.png
1 MB, 962x722
>History class in South America
>>
>>277974
>History
>>
I had the same guy two years in a row during High-School. Mr. Rodel, the guy was pretty awesome, and he was actually friends with Chris Farley in college. Overall, the guy was pretty awesome, he'd get really excited about the subjects and would try to come up with interactive new ways to learn shit. Only downside was that he really subscribed to the "America is best" way of thinking, and everything was really watered down and focused on how great the US is.

However, the second year I had him, we also had to deal with Mr. Stoberl. You see, our school had this program where they'd mix in the "special" students with the normies, in classes where this happened, a secondary teacher would sometimes be brought in to manage them. Mr. S was one of these teachers, but all he would do would go on random-ass rants about how much Republicans suck and want to steal your money. This guy obviously knew nothing about history and was like violently liberal.

>"The Southern states left the union because they were Republican and loved slavery"

I shit you not.
>>
>>272733
Was he Polish, did he teach in Illinois?
>>
>>277643
>Didn't get mad when I pronounced Niger as Nigger.
Did you do this on purpose?
>>
>>277974
>this is what lefty faggots actually believe
>>
>>277974

You dont read Portuguese dont you?
>>
>>278081
I was trying to see what I could get away with in 8th grade. I was in a school in the Bronx surrounded by trashy black kids, trashy Italian kids, and a handful of Jamaicans. That one moment did me more favors than it should have
>>
>>278107
**9th grade
>>
>>278107
Hah, that's pretty funny anon. You sound like a cool guy.
>>
>>278112
Thanks senpai
>>
My junior year of highschool on veterans day my history teacher (lesbian womanpower wench) asked the class to invite any veteran relatives in to talk to the class.

I asked my grandfather if he could talk to my class, hes a really humble guy so he doesn't mind, he likes talking you young people and telling stories. Here's the catch though, he was in the Wehrmacht.

I never told my teacher that but she soon found out when he had portrait pictures from the war and other nick nacks. He told my class about how nice France was and how he was deeply troubled he had to fight the British and Americans because he admired them greatly. He talked about being captures in North Africa and coming to America as a POW. he said he didn't regret anything about his experience serving his country during the war and this triggered my teacher so much. She was saying how that was a spit on the grave of every holocaust victim and how he should be ashamed and I should be ashamed too. He didn't say one word after her tirade and I walked him to his car.
>>
My AP European History teacher was based as fuck, really kindled the love of history in me (though it was always there). He told us the story of the first time he tried to cook beans as a kid: he forgot to open the lid of the can before heating it and it exploded in the kitchen; this was a metaphor for the conditions preceding revolution in France and Russia. He encouraged us if we had any ideas to write essays of our own and turn them in and would always engage us in thoughtful dialogue no matter how stupid our adolescent philosophizing. It is only in hindsight that I realize how exceptional he was as a high school teacher.
>>
>>272593
One was a UNC Chapel Hill grad who got me really interested in US history, another was a Harvard grad who made our AP Euro class at 7:24 AM every morning the highlight of the fucking day. We ate fine European cheese, learned a shitload about history, and discussed the philosophy of Hegel, Aquinas, Marx, Abelard, etc. Then, after the AP exam, we studied famous classical music and had a cheese party. 11/10
>>
File: 1431720439634.png (200 KB, 273x447) Image search: [Google]
1431720439634.png
200 KB, 273x447
>>278122
I'm angry on your behalf Anon.
>>
We had a really hot qt teacher for lower grades who was pretty standard at teaching, but that was my first 10 in any subject. Middle school gave me this really rad teacher for one year who was an archeologist. He was really understanding and kept the class interested. He even joked about how usually people said 'TITS' when they saw lady liberty. We were young, so it was understandable. After that he moved and we got a kinda stuttery and autismal teacher, although they were fun.
>>
Middle school teacher was nice enough but she was super Republican. When the week where we had to learn about Islam came up she wrote "MANDATORY ISLAM EDUCATION" on the white board and the calendar and she made it very clear that she was forced to teach this and it wasn't part of her lessons, just a 2 week intermission.

For the most part my school gave the history classes to the various football coaches to teach. My English teachers, though, all loved history and spent about half their lessons teaching that instead so I got lucky I guess.
>>
>>278122
>>278162
next time invite an iraqi republican guard.
>>
>>277974
>Implying Brazil is all of South America.
Military Junta is best form of government.
>>
>>278096
I'm Brazilian.
>>
>>278480

Then read Portuguese.
>>
>>278483
I translated it so foreigners could read it, mate. I'm still not sure what the problem is.
>>
>>278521

You forgot to translate the "failed project of the past" part.
>>
>>278530
Well, there is now way to know the context of that part, but based on the pictures you can clearly see the bias of the book.
>>
>>278549

And what your bias is too.
>>
Boring as fuck
>>
>>275510
>he was a balding loser who kept transparently flirting with the girls in the class and barely taught anything
Did you go to school in Charlotte, NC?
>>
File: 1433869155310.jpg (59 KB, 715x329) Image search: [Google]
1433869155310.jpg
59 KB, 715x329
>>278552
I just translated what was written. It's no news that our educational system has a strong bias towards the left.
>>
>>272733
>cried when Yeltsin handed power over to Putin.
Why?
>>
>>278608

Its also written that socialism was "nothing more than a failed project of the past".
>>
>>278621
There is no way of knowing the context of that part! Why would it say that if it would be followed by a very biased picture towards socialism?
>>
>Greeks were complete pacifists
>Celts were complete pacifists
>Philip of Macedonia was Persian
>Carthage couldn't feed itself
>Knights couldn't move in their plate armour
>They had to be lifted on their horses with cranes
>There was no trade in the Roman Empire

It was very pleasant /s
>>
In 8th grade 8 had an Indian guy who was an amazing lecturer
>>275510
>he was a balding loser who kept transparently flirting with the girls in the class
Pretty based desu
>>
>>278636

Sooooo...
>"nothing more than a failed project of the past"
Is undertandable without context
But the pics shows a bias?
Even if they are in the same page?

Sorry but yo cannot claim that the pic is selfexplanatory when the text is not, you are purposely cutting the page to fit in your arguments.
>>
In 7th grade I had this cool guy, big fat black dude, who took the time to teach us nonwestern stuff, though he never made a big deal out of it. Probably just figured we'd get plenty of that later. We learned about the Zulus (he seemed to have a hero worship thing for Shaka Zulu), that one African dictator who always wore leopard print, and ancient China, going so far as to have us build a big replica of the Forbidden City, and later functioning water clocks. Was all around a good dude.
In both 9th and 11th grade I had the same teacher for World and US History, and while he was a cool guy as a person he obviously didn't give a shit about his job. I don't remember a damn thing from World History, but US History was when i actually started getting interested in history (of my own accord), and it got to the point where I was not only the go to guy when nobody else knew the answer to a question, but also the guy he would ask when another student asked a question he didn't know the answer to. Still, he pissed me off. I remember one time I finished my classwork (every class was a slideshow with droning narration and a pile of worksheets) and pulled out a book about ancient Greece, and proceeded to get in an argument with the guy because he, my history teacher, wanted me to put the history book away.
>>
File: 2496200-1565629494-13857.jpg (54 KB, 800x804) Image search: [Google]
2496200-1565629494-13857.jpg
54 KB, 800x804
>>272593
my history teacher in highschool was very based
he was the only teacher that could actually make us take class seriously
some classes we would just sit and look at a bunch of pictures from ww2 and he would tell us a bunch of random facts about tanks/planes/battles
he could have been a military history proffesor with all the shit he knew but instead he was teaching religion and history to a bunch of highschool kids

>mfw we dident even cover ww2 with that teacher
>>
>>278714
My 12th grade English teacher was cool too, she basically taught us the majority of British history along with English literature from Chaucer to Donne to contemporary American lit.
>>
>>276377
That guy seems to be creaming in his chainmail.
>>
>>278739
>>276377
>tfw qt Mongolian raider unsheaths your sword
>>
>>278668
All right, then. Let's suppose says exaclty that. Still, is it okay to put a picture like that in a school book? I can get through the socialism has never worked part, because it is true. The picture, however, is outright soviet-style propaganda.
>>
I went to school in Germany. My history teacher somehow survived all the purges against Nazis and in his last year he revealed his powerlevel without fear. Too bad I saw him in a psychiatric institute a couple of years later.
>>
>>272593
Bad.
Either they knew less than would be required of a teacher, or they weren't capable of expressing said kniwledge.
Worst case scenario were the Propagandists, one was involved with politics and had to force things to support his party (communist), the other just fell for shitty propaganda and changed dates and events to suit the regular "USA is baaad mkay" politics (which is kinda funny since she could've done a better job if she actually taught facts instead or fabrications) that are supported by the local academia.

Third world sucks.
>>
>>272602

Mr Daniel?
>>
File: 2000_279_l.jpg (304 KB, 1259x650) Image search: [Google]
2000_279_l.jpg
304 KB, 1259x650
Pretty good. I was in private Catholic schools for rich kids, so they were all at least decent teachers. I've always been interested in History, so I ended up as the teacher's pet often. Had a particularly great teacher when I was 14, though. He managed to have the entire class interested all the time, and he's the one who made me want to actually study History.

At university, they were almost all far leftists, of course. But they were decent professors, and they were just leftists, not the American SJW kind, so it's fine.
>>
Said the Mongols had an unfair rep, but other than that was overall good. Probably one of the best teachers I've had.
>>
Had an awesome us history teacher who was great. He would give kids nicknames like "flash" Gordon and would randomly play is theme song. Also if you had homework and did right before your class and he caught he would laugh, slap your back, and give you a 100 since you tried
>>
Mr. Busch was alright, if a little full of himself. He pushed us harder than any teacher or professor that I've ever had. He was actually kind of crazy in retrospect but his students really did score very well on the AP test.
>>
>>276555
I FUCKING LOVE STEVE BEASTIE
those need to become a thing on /his/
>>
For high school, I can only remember 1 of my 3. He was a pretty chill dude, some good information fot post WW2 America. My favorite thing we did was a Vietnam radio-station project, so I got to talk to my dad (who was a teenager in the 70's), and so then I discovered a fuck ton of great music.

For college, I had a great pre-Modern Europe class where she always covered a whole bunch of interesting and relevant information, spanning from the fall of Rome to the Protestant reformation. Lots of fun history tidbits, and didn't just read out the book (which was only $30, anyway).

My second history teacher, right now, is a Roman Republic lecture (were in an auditorium for ~60-80) She's okay, but she mostly just puts the main topics on her PowerPoint and then I'm on my phone. I'm a big fan of military and large sweeping actions, so our recent coverage of the Social Wars, Sulla's salvation of the Republic, and Pompey's grand conquests are more interesting than her other lectures where it's just been religion and social order stuff that always returns to the norms.
>>
My high school history teacher was very chill and funny. He's the one of the few history teachers that I've ever had to explain why things happen instead of slapping you with dates.

Although sometimes he's pretty fucking lazy in a funny way like ten minutes before the schedule one time he said "Screw it I'm tired. Class dismissed."
>>
File: CANNOT STOP.gif (120 KB, 273x348) Image search: [Google]
CANNOT STOP.gif
120 KB, 273x348
had 1 amazing one in CC(now in real college) the dude volunteered for the national archives and the library of congress, so we got to go with him down there. He also gave great lessons and was a tough but fair grader. he also used to have us watch cool old videos that had been restored in the national archives I believe his is retiring soon.
>>
>>275615
My AP world history teacher would only show John Green.
>>
Did anyone else have several different history teachers who were also P.E. teachers and/or coaches of sport teams? All but one of mine were. Generally good teachers. They also all had a weird habit of writing small capital letters in place of some lowercase letters when they wrote.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 231x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 231x300
>>272593
>wicked sense of humor
>>
>>272593
Depends.

My two Canadian history teachers were either retarded or borderline retarded.

In grade 8, my Canadian history teacher taught us the Seven Years' War as "the French attacked the British and the British got pissed off so the British attacked the French and the French got pissed off" repeat over and over. She then skipped over the war of 1812 and went on with boring shit that none cares about.

My Canadian history teacher in grade 10, despite being Jewish, cried when she was talking about the Japanese rape of Nanking, and would consistently confuse Austria-Hungary with Germany. She then got sick and missed a quarter of the year without getting a replacement so we skipped over WWII and the entire Cold War. We also learned a lot about how the Canadian military treated minorities such as black people and lesbians, as if that was the worst part of WWI.

My grade 11 American history teacher was a syndicalist, but an amazing teacher.

My grade 12 world history teacher didn't actually care about teaching and rather would just try and show off all the random facts he knows, consistently repeating the same things over and over again. Nothing we did in that class was based on logical reasoning and analyzing history, but rather just trying to throw together as many random facts as possible.
>>
>>282119
As well, going to a Jewish school, I took four Jewish history classes.

Grade 9 teacher was great.

Grade 10 teacher was initially horrible, as she was just an apologist for Islam and a huge liberal. I later switched into a new class taught by a liberal female rabbi, although she was less forceful with her views. I did well for most of the year but due to a misreading of my schedule I arrived late to my exam, and did quite poorly as a result.

Grade 11 I had a rich as fuck Israeli entrepreneur who founded the Israeli version of tupperware. She was set for life but chose to come teach, and she had a real passion for it. She was clearly a leftist but she didn't let it affect how she taught history, and only brought it up when we discussed politics on occasion.

Grade 12 my teacher for Arab-Israeli Conflict history was a PhD and extremely fucking smart. He also taught me Jewish ethics. Probably a leftist although I never really discussed politics with him. Did a good job teaching, even though I knew most of the stuff already.
>>
She was alright but my philosophy teacher was better
>>
>>278143
Just curious from an aspiring teacher standpoint. Did your AP euro utilize those essays as grades or extra credit, or was it as a service for those who wanted it.
>>
At first, great because we had a student teacher who was based as fuck. One of the few teachers I've got along with because he put a lot of passion into history and got me interested in it. Then the regular teacher took over and taught the class like it was elementary school.

I took a WWII history class again with her in senior year and I probably learned more disinformation than anything. Half of the class was spent watching movies, some good some hollywood crap. We spent literally 20 minutes learning about the entire eastern front. Why did I have to be born American s.m.h.
>>
Had three history teachers in middle school.
First one, in 8th grade, was tall as fuck. He only covered "boring" parts of ancient history, but he did it all right.
Second one, 9th grade, was fucking based. Didn't hesitate one moment before throwing the noisy morons out of the class room. He even got away with it. Which is unusual for a Swedish school. But if you just listened to him and showed some basic respect, he'd do the same.
Next one, in 10th grade, well, she didn't even mention Italy switching sides before WWI, so I think you all get what she was like.

To me it sounds so weird that your teachers were so vocal about political views. The only kind of political arguing that Swedish teachers are allowed to do is to defend democracy, other than that they're forbidden from expressing political views in front of students.
>>
Finland

My HS teacher was very apathetic. He never really took any sides. He kinda taught us that both sides of the conflict were shit heads. The way he taught the Cold War history was The US and Soviet Union being bunch of pricks in the end.

In college, the other teacher, he always talked 15 minutes about the outcomes of some specific happening; how it affected on a grand scale. During present day history 90-2000's, Finland joining NATO was almost the main discussion in our courses. He didn't support NATO but he did give us perspective why it is a big deal for us and the US.
>>
Chile.
Trotskyist as hell, nice guy but we kept getting into arguments about historical trivia when we chatted. My philosophy teacher was a genuine Stalinist, though he hid it pretty well. Turns out he was a member of this one small political party that spawned as, literally, a Hoxhaist schism in the main commie party here.
>>
>>275615
The Scarlet Letter was absolute shit. Hawthorne was the proto-SJW. Only English book I hated. All of the characters except Chillingsworth were 2D as fuck. Shit plot movement, shit everything. Don't see the appeal.

Anyway
>Junior High
Based as fuck. Didn't give two shits about political correctness. Played Wrath of the Gods to teach Greek mythology. We're neigbors so I'll visit on occasion. He's got Alzheimer's now so I care for him when his daughter can't.
>High school
She was kind of blonde but did an okay job. Easy mode class but it was a "normal" (not AP, advanced, etc.) class. Was kind of bored. Couldn't take any AP because it always coincided with my AP Calc, Bio, Anatomy, etc. Kind of regret it now tbf.
>College
Was a class covering US history from the Civil War to modern times. It was okay. Not much I can say.
>>
File: 1414456959419.jpg (80 KB, 588x663) Image search: [Google]
1414456959419.jpg
80 KB, 588x663
>>272593
Oh boy, I'll try to remember. We did not have History in 9th grade here in my Bavarian school.

6th grade:
>Ay, there is a new movie about Sparta kicking Persian ass, let's watch it in class
I only remember the general topic being Ancient Greece, Egypt and Rome.
He was pretty cool and I liked the subject. Too bad most kids just took the lessons as time off.

7th grade:
Literal nazi dwarf commanding us to study. But, boy I have never learned more than in her class. I still remember the walk to Canossa and the whole investiture debate thanks to her.

8th grade:
Looked like Dmitri Shostakovich, the composer. Always had a militant aura and on school trips a very commanding no bullshit tone.
His nickname was "Führer", because his real name rhymed with it and his most famous quote was "Sag es deutsch!" (Say it German!) after some boy used too many English vocabulary and couldn't articulate himself in proper German.

10th grade:
Another female dwarf, but not strict at all. I really don't remember much about the class. I think we studied the long 19th century and WWI, mostly.

11th + 12th grade:
Very cool but demanding teacher. He knew who could deliver something and pushed those students to actually do it.

He was also very open minded. You could not really give a wrong answer if he knew you know the subject matter well enough. He did troll some worse students when they could not debate further but stating a general claim, though.

I disliked part of his lessons, as they were always "study in groups and present to the class". I enjoyed his expertise way more than my classmates'. He had tons of background knowledge as well, one of his relatives was in SS training, so he spend a whole lesson about the SS recruiting and training.
>>
>>275615
As a STEMfag, I feel the need to apologize for your peers behaivior.
Though any person who claims to be STEM and yet doesn't understand the importance of the humanities and history is going to fail at STEM as they're the type who thinks science is the answer to everything, rather than a way of getting answers to some questions, not than all of them.
>>
>>272593
Had some dude called Mr leverson, awesome dude, always real calm even though I was in a shitty class and taught me loads about ancient Rome.
One time one of the shitty ass kids in my class came up to him and went heil Hitler cos his big bro put him up to it cos he knew Mr leverson was jewish. That was the only time Mr Leverson ever lost his temper.
>>
>>283654
Also had an awesome teacher called miss rock who taught us gcse stuff(19th century+ww2) me and my bro used to make wind noises and scatted her put no end. Shit was so cash.
>>
File: 1338649282011.jpg (133 KB, 444x511) Image search: [Google]
1338649282011.jpg
133 KB, 444x511
We'd do the Hitler salute every time he was mentioned, that was fun
>>
My middle school history teacher was my favorite. His agenda was that the government can and will fuck us over at any time. He retired a year after I graduated. It made me very sad.
>>
>>281972
Mine showed us green, but only after he taught us the shit and only for certain units
>>
>>272593

My history teacher was a neo-libtard femishit and bashed you for dancing out of the line constantly. Does not help that I am German and the topics at the end of the school were various shades of "why nazis were evil and shit". She fucking buried my marks after I had the audacity to remark my opinion stating that nat-soc as an ideology is not inherently wrong by design and just failed hard because it degenerated as its values got extended and slaughtered out to fit some madmens standards, just like comunism did, just like islam does now.

History in general is shit in countries which are overly sensitive in one way or another. If you want to study history, go to some irrelevant country which will not move around sensitive issues.
>>
My histoey teacher was my AP Government teacher and he was pretty great because he was funny and short. I would have majored in history if I didnt want a job because he made it fun.
>>
>>272593
Typically older men and fucking based. One of them loved going on rants about how history textbooks are biased shit and only primary sources should be used.

Of course I'm biased because my dad was a history teacher too.
>>
First of all, I need to say I'm from Brazil. I think each country has a way to teach history.

>Ensino Fundamental (Junior School)
The teacher was amazing, he was protestant and had a Lutheran bias. I remember well his Medieval History classes, in which he explained well. I also remember when he had to follow a sex ed class and he did a lecture on sexuality in Medieval era, he was very good, he made me love history.
>Ensino Médio (High School)
My teacher was a chubby, short, single mid aged woman, her classes were very good but not mind-blowing, pretty much following the book. However, she really opened space for us to write our own understanding of the topics, she was always open for debates.
>Faculdade (or in other words "affordable college")
French Historiography, in the first semester everything was Annales School, then, in the following semesters started the biased teaching, Marxist history and censorship of those students who disapproved some teacher's tendencies.
I was very naive and followed my teachers to then end, then we started Modern History, they said Napoleon was shit and Russian Revolution was most emancipating. A terrible political agenda defending geriatric ideals.
It was a cheap, affordable local college, but damn, it was so shitty! teachers had no idea what they were talking about, when they had no clue of what things went wrong, they simply shout "It was the bourgeois who did this!"
Also there was much of "let's stay out of Eurocentrism, right." Bullshit to hide their lack of knowledge.
I gave up of the college in the last semester, I seriously got trauma from those sjws students...
>>
>>286015
History education in Brazil is awful.

Paraguay War, reasons for abolitionism, everything we learn in highschool is crap.
>>
>>272733
If he's so into tsarist Russia then he should respect Putin. Putin's regime is like a modern version of the Tsarist regime.
>>
>>286015
I've had good Marxist leaning teachers but also some terrible ones, it seems the good ones try to present both sides of history and let you reach your own conclusions whereas the bad ones are more rhetoric and less actual teaching.
>>
>>272733
How could anybody like Yeltsin.
>>
File: 1447903578092.jpg (241 KB, 900x963) Image search: [Google]
1447903578092.jpg
241 KB, 900x963
Highschoolfag here. In my senior year. My freshman year history teacher was some jihadi irish convert from catholisism. My sophomore teacher was interesting, a clueless communist. I had many arguments with her. My junior year teacher was a hyper arm waving American patriot. I was very fond of him. Now I got an economics teacher that I'm pretty good with.
>>
>>272593
I had one, the one who teached medieval history, who was great. With perspective I realize he relied mostly on meme pop history, though.

The rest were shit. It's a miracle that I did end up interested on history, if it wasn't for my father I would've ended up studying spanish literature or something like that.
>>
>>286085
The problem wasn't Marxism for itself, the problem was that there was some bias, they wanted so bad to sell a political agenda that it was really upsetting.
To be honest, we haven't even read Marx, we just used some Hobsbawm like he was the only Historian available when comes to Modern History.

There were many insanities in those classes, but there is one that may trigger many posters here: teacher said we wouldn't do History of the USA (we had 3 semesters of American History) and focus in Latin America because "we shouldn't fuel the ego of the USA"
We literally didn't had readings on American Revolution and the parallel between American Revolution and French Revolution wasn't made.

Also, Lenin dindu nuffin and the revolution would be totally successful if he survived.

It was so poor, we barely read decent books, I learned more studying by myself than being there. These Brazilian "affordable" colleges are the greatest absurd you guys can possibly imagine when comes to superior education.
>>
>>272943
Did you go to my high school?
American history covered 17th century in one week, 18th in two with the Americans winning by hiding behind trees. Louisiana Purchase but no War of 1812. Civil War, Slavery, Slavery, Slavery. Killing of Indians. World War One for two days. Depression (How Roosevelt saved the country with Social Programs). World War Two/Holocaust/Holocaust/Holocaust/Holocaust. No Korean War, went directly to Civil Rights movement when the year ended. Never got to 70's or 80's due to the 1939-1945 timesuck. All the papers I turned in used resources other than the text which pissed my teacher off, leaving her to mark "Save that kind of stuff for college." on my papers. I guess she didn't want to think either.
>>
>>272593
Like an 70 something vietnam vet, called the black kids "afro-americans"
>>
>>272593
My AP Euro teacher was fucking insane in the best way possible. Everyday he would come in slamming through the door mumbling about how liberals and commies were ruining America. (I think it was an act because he was actually a nice guy and could debate political theory sanely). He would eat regular cheerios out of a big tin of choc full o nuts coffee, loudly.

We were out in a portable classroom because he yelled so loudly, not at us, but at historical figures. He hated Karl Marx and made a shrine to Adam Smith in the classroom.

He truly loved European/ Western history and was a shrewd debater.

I could go on about his antics.

Love yah Mr. Gutt.

We also had another history teacher who taught basic western civ and he would dress up as historical figures, wear kilts with no underwear, and he had kalashnikov models in his classroom. I distinctly remember him telling us a story about a WW2 British sergeant named "Hugh Jass" and I didn't get the joke until 5 minutes after he told it.

My high school had amazing history teachers now that I think back.
>>
>>272593
My World History teacher pretty much made everyone get into history, even dindus. He got teacher of the years several times at my school and everybody loved the fuck out of him.

His strategy was just to be as graphic as possible, don't be an asshole, and only do tests once a week where you just list as many facts as you remember.
>>
>>272593
I had a teacher who went out on sick leave and had a substitute teacher who had us watch Victory at Sea episodes for two weeks.
>>
Mr. Barnett is the reason I value history and knowledge in general. Bless that man.

Fantastic teacher.
>>
>>277974
Why would a Capitalist hire workers when he can have robots that works for free?
>>
Had a few

Freshman:
AP World with a guy we joked was ex-KGB since he was always so serious. Based as hell though. Homework was light and he curved tests nicely. Taught us inductive/deductive reasoning and the idea of nations hunting for stags or rabbits. Had fun extra credit stuff like predicting winners each week of NFL playoffs.

Sophomore:
AP Euro with a bitch that was literally all about muh 6 bajillions to the point where we had Israeli pen pals, multiple projects, and an entire Holocaust day that included every sophomore, even those not in the class. I don't think there is someone in the entire school that didn't hate her guts. Oh, and then she would do a piss-poor job teaching the actual Euro material.

Junior:
AP American was miserable because the man was borderline senile and hated my class since all the smarter kids were stacked in the other time, leaving me and 4 other students who were smart he actually liked. Didn't stop us from getting the pointless extra work we got over the other class.

The best though was my IntRelations teacher which was essentially post-WWI through the Cold War. Truly the best teacher of any subject all of high school. Too bad it was still an easy A elective populated by retards taking it for just that. A lot of time was lost with just him trying to get everyone to pay attention and ranting how capitalism was gonna grind them all up in the real world. Taught me that the hippies, or peace queers as he called them, would never win and that war is a natural fact of life. I will never forgive myself for throwing out my notes from his class.

Senior:
AP Gov with the Euro bitch. Still hated me since she could tell I was succeeding despite her.

WWII class that was basically just watching Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Pretty fun.
>>
>>278806
>The picture, however, is outright soviet-style propaganda
Not that anon but that is not true. It was certainly bias in that picture, but it didn't distort the essence of each side.

But failing to include that particular sentence does speak heavily of your bias, which is pretty hypocritical since you were critiquing their bias
>>
>>275438
Just because white women didn't have it as bad as black people doesn't mean they were equal to white men or treated fairly. How would you feel if a Native American tried to interrupt a discussion of racism against black people by whining that his race had it worse? You can run in the oppression Olympics forever and no issue will ever be understood or discussed because durrr it's trivial compared to MY problems.
>>
>>272593
well, mine basically onky gave some information on the second world war(barely much)
yet somehow, at home i managed to learn so much, and receive such a love for history
>>
1-12th class: Nazis. Nazis, ww2, nazis, ww2, ww1!! and weimar, back to nazis and ww2
13th class: oh by the way there was that wall and the stasi
>>
In my High School years there was this one, but he was very leftwing, socialist if you would. He was a fill in for my actual teacher that was pregnant, but still I remember him as my true teacher for that year. This was last year in senior year, and I was longing for Paul and him with the NSA and all. He asked me about him and I slowly spilled out my libertarian beliefs. He mentioned Bernie, but the easiest way we could rationalize each other was that my political ideology was very "Loose", and would stand for most things he did. (Primarily around gay marrage, weed lmao, ect.) I like talking to him, and it was probably good for him too because no one in my class learned shit from him except me.
Also, when we went into the cold war era for the class, he was pleasently surprised on my knowledge of the period and nuclear weapons/doctrine. Mentioned he played Fallout and couldn't wait for 4. After that I don't know where he went. He mentioned he was just a sub and he may not get a job later. I tried to ask my real teacher for his email so that way the next year I could hire him, but she said lol nope. Based sub was based, miss him.
>>
File: 1405107198923.jpg (630 KB, 800x1210) Image search: [Google]
1405107198923.jpg
630 KB, 800x1210
I'll try to remember as much as possible
5th grade - 4/10 history teacher, she pretty much knew nothing about history except our own nation's (She didn't even know anything about the Red Baron, but I guess that's sort of forgiveable?)
6th-8th grade A mixture of good and bad, she relied heavily on pop-history and sometimes provided incorrect data, she was cool unless like half the class didn't do her homework, then she'd throw a fucking fit for 20 minutes and try to explain why she's pissed and why not doing her homework is wrong. Dunno why but she also loved mentioning if she could, she would want to live in the Middle Ages.
9th-10th grade Most boring history teacher I've ever had in my life, She would put up her presentation and then tell us to write down specific dates and words, then say maybe a sentence about word/date and then maybe in the next 3 lessons we'd write a test, she almost killed my interest for history.
11th-12th grade - Best history teacher I've ever had, enthusiastic, knew her shit, made even some of the most boring parts of history interesting, although sometimes she would provide incorrect info, but that was very rare. I was just waiting insanely for the next history lesson thanks to her.
Thank you, based Vaitkevičienė.
>>
>>272593
I had 2 history teachers in hs. Both were retarded women who didn't know shit about anything besides basic ww1/ww2 shit
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.